Page 157 of 177 FirstFirst ... 147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2642

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Hello darkness, my old friend

Sirens, alarms, explosions. These were the only sounds when he closed his eyes. The song of war.

Romanticists mistakenly said that silence was the song that rang out across the battlefields. Imbeciles the lot of them. Only the deaf heard silence, yet they too felt destruction ripple across the fabric of killing fields and death valleys this planet used to call the Beautiful Heartland.

He sighed, a warmth spreading across his chest made him smile. Finally starlight was breaking through the smoke filled sky.

"Commander!" Crewman Yates was barely audible over the flower beam roaring overheard. "I want my share!?"

The unsung song - a tale of a commanders first action on the battlefield

The young commander was poised, ready for his first battle against the goids.
    "Keep coms open" boomed the Admirals voice.
    "So we can keep coordinated?" he asked
    "That, and the Song of War"
    Shyte- he'd no idea what this Song of War was.
    "I'm afarid I'm not much of a singer" he squirmed.
    "Oh don't you worry - all our new Commanders contribute just fine - I have a feeling you will be particulary great"
    The 10 second countdown to jump started. He felt sick.
    His guts rumbled and the comms hummed with the Song of War. A hundred coordinated nervous farts.

"Which Station?"

“They didn't matter near the end; Alliance, Empire, Federation, they lost meaning,we were human and the enemy weren't. The only question you asked another Commander when you met: 'Which Station?'”

“But if you asked what station didn't you know what Superpower they were fwom too Grandpa?”

“Not space stations little one, radio stations. They were mobile and kept playing songs when the bases went down, it really held us together at the end.”

“What station were you Grandpa?”

“I liked Lave Radio, your Grandma was a Hutton Trucker”

“What about Weird Uncle Tony?”

“Erm… yeah, he liked Radio Sidewinder”

That was the last entry.

I am now preparing the poll

..and now it is done
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...e-Songs-of-War

On behalf of Midden and myself, the new Mrs Winners... we should really start a theme for this week... hmmm what shall i make it..

The Thargoid and Fer-de-lance Bar

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Your round.
    That's a bit rich! I might have put on a few pounds, but there's no need fer insults!

Your round.
    nice topic.... bit fattest...

Your round.
    If he wasn't, i doubt you would have survived the fall.

p.s.Tried to follow the link in your sig,mr winnard, mispy tells me you don't exist.<sad face,frowny face>.Similar mr midden's has little or know effect.just thought you should no.
    tI seems kow's attempts to break the internet each week in new and intersting ways is showing results.

No no no, there must be a mistake. Psykokow and Midden both won and the theme this week is ...

Thargoid And Fer-De-Lance & It's Your Round

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Juggle Your Cocktail Shakers

"Octopus Mahoney!? He's gotta be the most famous barman in the galaxy? How can a stinking trumphole like this afford him?"

Sven looked over at Frank waving for a refill with one hand while knocking back his drink with the other. "Gathyre gave me free run of the place. Anyway, you know he's as dexterous with his feet as he is with his hands. He's famous for serving four people at once."

There was a crash of tinkling glass and a crowd of concerned people staring down behind the bar.

"He's just got to get used to working in gravity"

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    If he wasn't, i doubt you would have survived the fall.

p.s.Tried to follow the link in your sig,mr winnard, mispy tells me you don't exist..Similar mr midden's has little or know effect.just thought you should no.
    tI seems kow's attempts to break the internet each week in new and intersting ways is showing results.
    I'll have you know I only use the best Internet kinkage, i mean linkage. I don't know which link you're clicking but both of mine work just fine thank you! One takes you to my PayPal account and automatically deducts £50 from your account whilst the other is to this family of famous wonders. It's a fan favourite, perfect for playing down the Thargoid & Fer-De-Lance bar. Now get your round in!

Blowing off steam - a poem about the love of violence.

He put on his pants,
    And fancied his chance,
    Of seeing Ms Boils and her moustached dance,

His ship locked in the stance,
    His fee's paid in advance,
    He was going to get wrecked at the old Fer-De-Lance.

As he mounted his stool,
    A tough dick playing pool,
    Shouted at him, "You're round, you wanktool"

"But how can this be?
    I just got here you see!"
    With this the thugs eyes glowered red and angry.

He was all out of luck,
    As he got hit by a puck,
    As the thug replied kindly, "Ah meant yer fat ye fat fu..."

Don't drink yellow drizzles...

Frank swayed gently on the bar room stool.
    The party for the new 'hutton trucker' faction had gone on for hours, and Frank was having fun.
    True most of this fun was down to the 'free bar' and Sven's 'special understanding'
    'Ya want some cake?' a filthy trucker (probably Midden) shoved a plate in front of Frank
    'What type of cake is it?'
    'Lemon Drizzle'
    'Can't have lemon Drizzle, reminds me too much of my bathroom habits, besides I once had a slice down in customs, Finn Gerrins special drizzle'
    Frank turned to the trucker and motioned 'It's your round'

harsh.. but true<sigh>

01 - Frank - Juggle Your Cocktail Shakers
    02 - Simoof - Blowing off steam - a poem about the love of violence.
    03 - Listeri69 - Don't drink yellow drizzles...

So what's the general verdict? Another rollover week?