Page 158 of 164 FirstFirst ... 148154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2447

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Title:- What can go wrong when you don't plan ahead

RoyalHankey and Simoof was chasing Thargoids.
    Simoof shouted "Swerve to the right".
    So he quickly movered the Fer de Lance to the right.
    This was a great decision as 2 missiles narrowly missed them.
    Simoof said "Where was the point of defence".
    "Fixing it Friday" RoyalHankey replied..
    "Well then return fire and launch our missiles".
    "Can't"
    "Why can't you".
    "Missile delivery is on Friday" said RoyalHankey
    "Well what about the multi-cannon, is that fully loaded"
    "Oh dear, I was your turn to buy the ammo"
    Well what now, we got nothing going for us"
    "It's your turn, buy the drink's".

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    harsh.. but true<sigh>

01 - Frank - Juggle Your Cocktail Shakers
    02 - Simoof - Blowing off steam - a poem about the love of violence.
    03 - Listeri69 - Don't drink yellow drizzles...

So what's the general verdict? Another rollover week?
    Perhaps, , though it's possible you might get a late surge from people waiting for beta to download.

The open beta may influence it either positively or negatively. Our regulars may be too busy with the pew pew to bother with the scrawl scrawl.

If I get one more Drabble then I'll go post up the poll at around 10:00 tonight

Where's Your Commander Gone?

Sven looked around while he polished a glass
    Ol' Frank was there, with keys to a shiny new Asp
    A vid of Susan Boils was playing up on the screen
    Yet no other customers in the bar could be seen..

All the commanders had gone to drool at a new ship
    The nerds asked question about what it could equip
    Others were wondering what it was like to fly
    And with 30+ ships, some were also pondering why.

And then the reveal with Ooos and Ahhhs they did exclaim
    Until that is the name was announced, it's called the Cheiftain.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    The open beta may influence it either positively or negatively. Our regulars may be too busy with the pew pew to bother with the scrawl scrawl.

If I get one more Drabble then I'll go post up the poll at around 10:00 tonight
    Looking forward to a poll.

Cmdr pseudonym - A Round Trip

I've been in smelly places in my time
    That sewage works on Alpha Centuraii still sent shivers down my spine
    It was nothing compared with the stock Hauler Cmdr Psykokow had hired
    It was midden and simoof who caused the biggest problems.
    In fact you could tell when they'd pushed a particularly gusty one,
    the curtains separating the seating area would gently float upwards in the zero gravity
    supercruising to the planet was the final straw apparently 7g is enough to pull last night's vindaloo out of your backside,
    and in middens upside down case a rather fetching Cosby sweater

Misunderstanding (not for the poll)

Alien watched Sven screw the bottom of the shiny chrome pole to the stage, and the top to the ceiling. He placed shiny backdrops to the sides of the stage before finishing the job with a glitterball.

He smiled at Alien's confused face as he hopped off the stage and hit a nearby switch. The stage filled with a lurid pulsating light as a loud "Wow wakka wakka wow wow" echoed around the bar.

"What are you doing Sven?" shouted Alien

Sven switched off the sound. "Just preparing for tonight. Frank said he was going to go up the pole."

yes, lets roll over, maybe provide some background on the Thargoid and Fer-de-lance bar.. But Roll Over Deffo..

Will still have a live show on Friday.

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    yes, lets roll over, maybe provide some background on the Thargoid and Fer-de-lance bar.. But Roll Over Deffo..

Will still have a live show on Friday.
    We do have 7 drabbles ... 8 if you write one too

Only 6. That last Drabble was just for "fun" while I was waiting for the beta to load

01 - Frank - Juggle Your Cocktail Shakers
    02 - Simoof - Blowing off steam - a poem about the love of violence.
    03 - Listeri69 - Don't drink yellow drizzles...
    04 - RoyalHankey - What can go wrong when you don't plan ahead
    05 - Alien - Where's Your Commander Gone?
    06 - Cmdr pseudonym - A Round Trip

But 6 is an okay amount of Drabble. My worst fears about the effect of the beta were ungrounded.

What do you think? Yes you out there reading this post while you're waiting for your game to load. Do you agree with Psykokow, or do you think there should be a poll tonight? If you think there should be, then vote with your words... 100 of them... exactly 100, no more, no less

We've got to hold on to what we've got

"I've seen the future Sven!" the agent known as Poo blurted out as he staggered across the straw covered floor.

"What's he look like? Is he an older uglier version?" chuckled a mischievous old miner sat at the bar.

"Eh, Whu?" grumbled Poo, distracted by moist lumps of straw sticking to his velvet slippers.

"Anyways, your round Poo" the miner gleefully giggled at his own merriment, "I nearly perished waiting for you".

"Sven, Janx twice! And listen, something terrible's about to happen"

"We've already smelt it" winked the miner towards Piggy-F out cold on the floor.

"No listen, Winter's coming"

Well looks like Midden casts the deciding vote. And he manages to slide in through the massive descending door only just snatching his santa's hat at the last moment to avoid it being crushed under the weight of the door.

It's way past ten o'clock. You're way too late to enter now.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-s-Your-Round

Someone took pity on 'Ol Frank and voted for him out of sympathy ... that or they didn't want Simoof to win again,
    so the theme this week is ...

Galnet

(if you are wondering about the image, I did a google image search for "Galnet" and found this. It's titled "The Ballad Of Ed And Sandro" and is from Radio Skovortsov http://radio.entropy101.com/ )

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

I'll take any win I can get, and I'd like to point out for this week's contest that I'm in a lot of pain right now, and that if you were to allow Simoof to win, he'd just make next week's topic something like "Roman Dwarves" or suchlike.

Be Right Back After This Break

Welcome back viewers, to the show we put on between news stories to fill the long hours of our Galnet feed. Let's go over to wild pool party...

And the score so far is that Josh has persuaded 4 girls to go back to his place while Blake has only persuaded 3. Of course all of you are aware of the rules of the game by now. It's not the number of girls that count. It's the total sum of their attractiveness points.

So Blake wins today's prize of a family spaceship. Join us for tomorrow's edition of "Gal Net".

DrabblesGalnet News Digest, 2nd February 3304: we read the news so you don’t have to. :)

Following the introduction of Galnet Audio, large numbers of CMDRs across the galaxy have been reporting symptoms of nausea, preventing them from fighting Thargoids. The Pilots’ Federation believes it has identified the cause.
    A potato lodged deep inside the Galnet Audio circuitry in every ship is relaying long and tedious monologues about characters called Moof, Kow, Midden and Sven, about honk, scoop, jump and about something called a shart.
    The potato, alien in origin, and its unauthorised broadcast are believed to have been created by Tharg the Mighty as a form of psychological warfare, codenamed by Aegis “The Drivel Show”.