Page 159 of 190 FirstFirst ... 154157158159160161164 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2850

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

"Now it's just a step to the right"

"Kool ta Tenlag!" the urgent message ripped through static

"What's that commander?" flight control replied, "you sound troubled".

"T'nevah uoy nees eht swen!? Er'ew rednu kcatta!" the voice was strained and high pitched.

"State your call-sign commander. What seems to be the problem?"

[explosions pierced the static]

"Commander, what's your location. Over"

"Gnimoc ni toh! Eht stroper era eurt!"

"Sorry commander, you're still not clear. What's your xyz? What's the trouble?"

"Kool ta Tenlag uoy stoidi! Daer eht gnikcuf swen!".

The officer glanced at his monitor. Red Alert! Sector-wide evac in progress. Thargoids Warping Time. Supercruise Broken! No Jumps Left.

Did You Know, Gentle Reader?

Of course, gentle reader, like any infant Fflogrilliondoirjhnerwohwebh from the planet Womwomadegiowhnerbanteaimaeyabmeoweivtjwqntinvpq, you surely knew that Oxbow Septus-Nostrum was a key figure behind the evolution of collective data analysis amongst interstellar ships, today known as GalNet.

But this you did not know: Ebeneezer Widnepipe was actually inventor of the Gal Net, way back in 1874 on that quaint, archaic mudball we ironically still call Earth. Standing at Hyde Park Corner, any unsuspecting young maiden passing by would find herself flailing in the heavy duty mesh of his massive butterfly net. His impressive collection of 3,974 ladies included Queen Victoria herself.

The Fake And The Furious

One journalist was selected and sent off with his equipment to the other side of the galaxy to report what was happening there.
    They figured since no one had dided it, it's was news so they can reported it every day.
    Not very much happened for a long time,and the reports continued to flood in.
    The public were rivetted to their screens as news of not very much happening today echoed around the bars and coffee houses,
    water coolers and service exits.
    So when they cut the feed,cities erupted in riots in which nobody was hurt and no property destroyed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes,that's right.I did use the word dided.I figured if we're all gonna have a bash at tripping kow up,why not?And besides,its better than doned.(imo)

You dided, I dided, we all dided, and guess what... Nobody dided!

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    One journalist was selected and sent off with his equipment to the other side of the galaxy to report what was happening there.
    They figured since no one had dided it, it's was news so they can reported it every day.
    Not very much happened for a long time,and the reports continued to flood in.
    The public were rivetted to their screens as news of not very much happening today echoed around the bars and coffee houses,
    water coolers and service exits.
    So when they cut the feed,cities erupted in riots in which nobody was hurt and no property destroyed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes,that's right.I did use the word dided.I figured if we're all gonna have a bash at tripping kow up,why not?And besides,its better than doned.(imo)
    I thought doned was the past participle of dided

Well,exactly.It's that sort of behaviour that causes clauses to subjunct and infinitives to split.Mind you,i'm pro noun,so i may be a little biased.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Well,exactly.It's that sort of behaviour that causes clauses to subjunct and infinitives to split.Mind you,i'm pro noun,so i may be a little biased.
    I realised long ago that there is no such thing as a subjunctive clause, but I just kept on pretending there was because I didn't want to stop getting Christmas presents

01 - Frank - Be Right Back After This Break
    02 - Simoof - DrabblesGalnet News Digest, 2nd February 3304: we read the news so you don’t have to.
    03 - Galactic Midden - "Now it's just a step to the right"
    04 - Spacebaboy - Did You Know, Gentle Reader?
    05 - phong - The Fake And The Furious

People, you now only have 12 hours to hand in your Drabbles

Always give way to spaceships exiting the station. Spaceway Code 13:44 subsection B paragraph 13

David is worried about loosing votes for Barnard's Unified Mug Syndicate or BUMS he's called a meeting to look at the latest Galnet results..

David: Look at this, BUMS are down to 39% and HOT are at 44%..Where are we’re going wrong Michelle?

Michelle: Maybe next time someone hands you a baby you kiss it and not punt it down the docking bay your majesty

David: An easy mistake. It was dressed in brown, on Roughball weekend…

Hans: It flew out of the slot, story i got told is some priest thought it was a vending machine for altar boys...

Cmdr pseudonym - Made to make your eyes water

The Gal-Net hadn't been deployed in centuries.
    Not since the great Galatic Midden XXVth, known as the malodorous, escaped from his cell and began walking around the local moon.
    Many fatalities happened that day as the stench overpowered peoples nasal systems moonwide.
    The Gal-Net needed to be deployed today to capture the most current incarnation of Galatic Midden, the XXXIIIrd.
    Although his 'Friends' call him the 'Dirty Turd'...
    He was found to be collaborating with a one Mr Simoof in creating the galaxies most dangerous biological weapon. T
    he Gal-Net was dropped on both of them..

Simoof died of the vapours...

Tilte:- Why Galnet is so boring

News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    News, News, News, News.
    That's all we get with Galnet
    News, News, News, News.
    Why don't we have space soccer, Space balls, Space Rugby or Space Hockey.
    Just News, News, News, News.

Say Hi to Watha: an exerpt

From their midst stepped forth a pirate,askew of hat,potato shaped.

'Shamed were they who set the UA down upon the dove above.
    Immortalised in freakish couplets those who chose reply with love.

Many pilots dropped their cargo, turned and jumped toward the scene,
    Holds now stuffed with meta alloys,giving hope once more a dream.

Thrusters glaring,klaxons blaring,through the night and on till dawn.
    Flights of outraged pilots flaring,bringing aid,defying scorn.'

Mighty Galnet,Awesome Galnet,told the story,calmed the crowd.
    Gave the story to a pirate and he then read it out aloud.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * substitution please

This Just In ...

And now we go over to our Roving Reporter, Roger Ising

"Yes I am here at the scene where a Carizarding was spotted in a Panamanian Petting Zoo looking for a Salisbury Swamp Sock wearing a Cosby Sweater eating an Alabama Tuna Melt and drinking a sour apple smoothie."

And now a word from our sponsors ...

"This White Christmas, cumakazi have a Blue Cheese surprise with baconasie and masrhmallowing for desert, and get an extra ten percent off if you mention the code Chinese Aloha. But hurry, it'll simba gone then it's gone forever!"

And now the weather with Chesty ...

The truth about Galnet

Galnet, the shining beacon of truth. At least that's what they tell you.
    Truth is relative, there is always some bias. While Galnet isn't as overtly biased as some other news sources the hidden agendas are of concern. Who owns it? who decides which stories at aired and which are canned? How are they trying to shape peoples views and to what end?
    I could tell you what I know. You probably wouldn't believe me. But if you did, you would be shocked and outraged. But I won't do that. Knowing the truth can be very detrimental to your health.

01 - Frank - Be Right Back After This Break
    02 - Simoof - DrabblesGalnet News Digest, 2nd February 3304: we read the news so you don’t have to.
    03 - Galactic Midden - "Now it's just a step to the right"
    04 - Spacebaboy - Did You Know, Gentle Reader?
    05 - Listeri69 - Always give way to spaceships exiting the station. Spaceway Code 13:44 subsection B paragraph 13
    06 - Cmdr pseudonym - Made to make your eyes water
    07 - RoyalHankey - Why Galnet is so boring
    08 - phong - Say Hi to Watha: an exerpt
    09 - Alien - This Just In ...
    10 - insanephoton - The truth about Galnet

I'm going to fix myself a nice Janx with a sploosh of tonic. When I come back here I expect to see at least one more Drabble

Well. At least nobody took any Drabbles away. That's the contest closed for another week. I'll go stick up that poll now

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...est-235-Galnet