Page 160 of 204 FirstFirst ... 155158159160161162165 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3052

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

While we wait for phong to recover from the shock of being joint winner and tell us what their half of this week's topic is I'd better post mine . For my half of this week's topic I have chosen 'Experimental Effects'

Thanks for your votes .i really didn't expect it.I guess my half of the topic will be Tales of the Unexpected.

Congrats to last weeks joint winners
    Insanephoton and Phong (!phong)
    They have racked their brains for 3 seconds to come up with the themes for this week which are ...

AND...

Experimental Effects and
    Tales of the unexpected

(if you are wondering about the image, I did it on paint took 24 seconds, which I will never get back... )

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Do Not Press This Button

Felicity Farseer was proudly showing Phong the new big red button on the dash of his spaceship. "This mod is special. It leeches from the Frameshift Drive to make a personal teleporter. You should only use it as a last resort."

Before she could say anything else, Phong lept forwards and slapped the button. Phong saw the cockpit around him brighten to blurry streaks.

He could make out Felicity's astonished face and her echoing voice warbling out of existence "What the...?"

Phong left the confines of this Drabble and found himself in another Drabble written later on in the competition.

Consistent Methodology

“Didi! What in known space did you drink last night?!”

The haggered figure stumbled into her own workbench, scattering tools and beer cans into sprawled heaps of junk below, “Dunno,why? Why is worl' spinnin'?” She found a soft chair and collapsed into it, pulling a cushion over her face.

“Last week you produced shields with superior thermal resistance”

“An'?”

“Yesterday, with the same set of components, you were so drunk you upgraded my hyperdrive by mistake”

“Ooops. Wassit do now?”

“It's got double the range”

“Cool!”

“Backwards”

“Bummer. Wan' me to try again?” Didi grinned, reaching for another bottle.

Oh aye! AI is it, I 8 AI I do. Do u?

The engineers sat nervously, sweat flowing, glancing at the numbers.
    "It cant handle this amount of computing power"
    The computers were struggling.
    On the screen a handsome man was spinning rhetoric, captivating the masses. The viewing numers where astronomical. Watching, the engineers almost relaxed.
    "No no no no no!!! The CPU core is gonna burn out. We need to do a live swap out."
    Everything was ready, 1... 2... 3...
    The sreen flickerd. For an awful second the screen showed the true footage, a psykoarse spouting his usual Friday night pish.
    Twitch experimental special-fx returned, restoring the AI improved version.

Roll again? - By Fletch (Aged 7 and ¾)

CMDR Moofbag rolled crap for engineering sixty eight times in a row.
    Rather than read the helpful destructions (“They’re a bunch of wonkbot jugglers in the forums”), he goes to the bar to look for inspirational assistance in a bottle of Mega Gin.
    Staggering back to his orange Sidewinder (“The Puffy Wagon”) he tries again.
    Finally, he gets a good roll and hits the “buy now” button.
    Moofington now wears a class 5 pink furry spandex flight suit, with remote control full groinal attachments and matching gimp remlock.
    What’s better, he’s lost the remote and can’t turn the vibrations off!

Here,as promised.

Professor Palin sat in front of the commander,extolling the virtues of his latest creation.
    'The jump range has been increased to 86 ly,thruster and boost speed enhanced to phenomenal speeds,power draw reduced to virtualy nothing,it produces drabbles automatically and it even makes the tea.
    As you know there's always an element of luck involved in designing from a new template and this one has some pretty specific features that have never been tried before.There's always room for improvement.So,what do you think? Do you want to try again?'
    'Yeah.this tea tastes like sh*t.'

Is This The Real Life?

David checked his Cobra's systems for the umpteenth time. Argent had given him an experimental jump drive.
    The countdown reached zero far too quickly and the jump drive engaged. Everything went black.

David woke up. He was in a bed in a room. All his fingers and toes were intact. The door burst open and in rushed a young man.
    "I've just worked out how we can save two killobytes!"
    "Where am I?"
    "Cambridge. Get up, they need us for the class of eighty-four group photo, and then we have the rest of the day to work on the game."

Title:- Never let Winnard press your buttons.

Winnard and Moose666 went on a trip to devils canyon.
    "Engines on and landing gear up" said Moode666
    "Engage both drives"
    The Python slowly went away from the station
    "Course set" said Winnard.
    "hit the hyper drive button Moose666"
    After a few seconds they was in hyperspace cruising.
    "What course you laid in winnard".
    "Devils Canyon, Merope"
    "Ok Hit the button Winnaed".
    "What button".
    "The super drive button"
    "Ahhh that button"
    "Yes that button"
    Winnard said "Ok" then hit the button.
    "All of a sudden the ship came to an abrupt halt.
    "What happened Moose666"
    "It was an experimental defect"

Reverse Osmosis - A story of history, hemmeroids and humid pants...

Simoof was experimenting, he was trying to find something that would turn liquids into solids in nanoseconds.
    he was trying everything from liquid nitrogen to Dongkum thermal paste.
    Nothing was fast enough.
    He squirted into the air hitting Phong who had jumped in briefly from another drabble.
    Simoof had an idea instead of making it solid make it appear in another dimension

Psykokow put the book down. So that's how your great uncle Simoof started the shart wars
    'Did uncle Simoof get killed for the war then?'
    'Oh no' Psykokow said 'He was killed for his horrendous taste in music'

Cmdr pseudonym - Quantum Peep show...

Cmdr skiprat was fiddling with himself,
    he couldn't help it he was watching a classic episode of 'tales of the unexpected' and the dancing shadow was getting him horny.
    He lay in the spastic eagle position with a beer in one hand and Hankey's juicy snake bites in the other.
    It was at that moment Phong jumped in from another drabble and assumed the eagle position under cmdr skiprat.
    Cmdr skiprat gave a squeal of delight and said 'Dance for me Commander'
    Poor Phong didn't know what was going on, his rear end was feeling a tail, of the unexpected...

Thanks Listeri69. You're getting one of my votes

For a second there I thought I was going to have to write a second Drabble.

But no more Drabbles for this week. It's way past the time for handing in entries
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...xperimental-FX

I saw an old man in need Frank

You realised that I might've needed to write another Drabble to resolve my plot. You saw a whole forum group in need