Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2504

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Congrats Fletch, on a well deserved win... now set us off on a new week of themes

Blummin 'eck. Didn't reckon on grabbing that one after Dan's stonkin entry (that's what Gabi said anyroadup)

Okeys... After a few seconds of trying to get my two brain cells to actually talk to each other:

This week's topic will be:

Get yer quills and inks out ladies and gentleworms

Congratulations to first time drabble writing champion Fletchmo... Bravo, and what a theme.

Please do get your entries in here, in this thread, and also do pay close attention to the rules.. they are below.

Do also join us Friday 7:00pm BST at for the live readings, it might help you pick your winning 3 drabbles..

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http:// (VIDEO) (Audio Only) (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    OR Audio Versions available on

*some rules might be fictional

The Signwriter

They called her The Signwriter.
    And if you wanted something to stand out in the night sky, You called; The Signwriter.
    She jumped around the galaxy laying bombs, arranged to simultaneously explode.
    These were no ordinary bombs. These bombs killed the biggest thing in nature, the life giving force itself; the stars.
    Only last week she'd written 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMOOF' into the night sky.
    Etched in slowly fading starlight.
    Produced by a thousand supernovas.
    Her latest project would be the most ambitious yet.
    A thousand pulsars. Flashing every two seconds. Broadcasting a single important message across space forever.

'Midden Smells'

Title:- Exploration trip with numpties

Simoof and Psykokow was on an exploration trip to Colonia..
    Simoof said "I got a signal"
    Psyykokow replied "What we no where near".
    "I got a SIGNAL"
    "We no were near"
    Simoof hit the navigation panel saying "WE GOT A SIGNAL!"
    "But we no where near!"
    Simoof said "We got a signal in this system."
    "But we not there yet"
    "Doh, we got a signal in this system".
    "Which system"
    "The system we are in".
    "We not in that system yet".
    "We got a signal".
    "In this system".
    "What system".
    "This system".
    "We not got to Signalis yet dumy".

Mixed Signals

Captain Simon "The Windy" Winnard barked commands to his crew from the comfort of his red and brown stained captain's chair. Everyone scattered, doing their duty as decreed by the dicta(s)tor.

Winnard slouched and let one slip.

"Midden," barked the boss hoss of the large barge, "set supercruise to two-thirds. The buffet at McThargoids will be beginning before long, and I wish to be first in line!"

Midden moved to the center console, bent over, made some adjustments and smiled spritely back at Winnard.

"To my ready room, Midden," exclaimed Winnard after receiving the mixed signal. "It's time for docking..."

'Signal' by Anne Nonnymuss

"What's that flashing light?"

"What flashing light?"

"The one just there, flashing..."

"Dunno, but if this was Commander Nocti's ship, it would probably be his "check engine" warning signal!"

"Do you remember the time...?"

"Yep, everyone remembers that! Is there any gin left, or have you already guzzled it all?"

"There's some left, and.. hey! What are you implying?"

"Jus' sayin' - the difference between drunks and alcoholics... alcoholics go to meetings. And I ain't seen you go to no meetings!"

"That light's still flashin'... think we should check what it is?"

"Nah, it's probably not that important..."

Weeks Theme
    Current Entries
    *word count*
    01 *100* - Listeri69 - The Signwriter :
    02 *100* - Royal Hankey - Exploration trip with numpties :
    03 *100* - Erik Marcaigh - Mixed Signals :
    04 *100* - Anne Nonnymuss - Signal :

By Fletch (aged Seven and Three Quarters)

Title: Right turn Clyde

There I was, mining away, getting slowly richer from collecting diamonds out of an icy ring.

When an encrypted message bleeped onto my console – Caller I.D. “THE DON”.

Hey, get yer lazy sonovabeetch Asp over to (REDACTED), there’s a rich vein of handwavium, the Feds are paying a fortune for in (REDACTED) system.

Acknowledged message: “Roger. Wilco.”

I had never been to that system before. I found the planet and got into the rings, but could never locate the handwavium.

Sensors showed it everywhere the Feds pointed, but breaking thousands of tons of rocks, my limpets couldn’t find any!

You Cannae Break the Laws of Physics

First time in a Sidewinder in Supercruise, he watched in awe as the speedometer started showing multiples of C. He was now going faster than the speed of light.

He looked out of his windscreen at the scenery rushing towards him, then he noticed that a ship was travelling alongside him. It was a cop in a Viper. He could see the cop pointing at him and signalling with the roll-down-the-window gesture.

He grabbed the window winder, cracked the window open, and instantly suffocated as his air burst out into space.

The cop smiled and looked for another new pilot.

Keen In A Crisis

The Blaster gun nozzle was cold against the back of my head, I was pushed into a room where the rest of my crew stood.
    My Co-pilot Jill smiled at me, she winked and stared downwards at me.
    I was surprised, she’d never shown me any attentions before, she raised her eye brows, winked again and look down at my crotch.
    Being robbed at blaster point was bad enough, these unwanted advances where making the whole experience even more awkward.
    Her eyes rolled, she winked purposely, her eyeballs shot to my crotch again.
    I checked my fly, it was closed.

SIGNALS by Isoneri

As she cruised through the area of Wolf 124, CMDR Isoneri leaned back in the chair of her FDL, and sighed as she reached for her cup of gin. She breathed deeply and took a mouthful of the bitter drink and savouring the taste on her tongue for a short moment and swallowed, whilst gazing out of her ships windscreen. Suddenly her expression darkened,leaning forward to look at her ship’s radar which was displaying a ship 300 light seconds ahead. She smiled to herself as the magical words “wanted, harmless” were displayed, “ it’s a sign, my troubles are over”

Red lights, red letters.
    Four horsemen chant “Dot Dash Dot”
    Emojis and emoticons,
    Braille raised like a rash.

Wife blows you a kiss
    From across the divorce court.
    Policeman waves a jumper at you
    (He wants you to pull over)
    Middle digit returned.
    Earring in the left ear
    Is the right ear here.

Post World War 3:
    The clamorous screech of the Vulture;
    Disdainful moos from the kangacow
    And the sonar bleep of those mutants -
    New signals.

The sun blows up;
    Final red light.
    We're all gonna die!
    What you reading this for?
    There are no Horizons anymore.

Did you check the cables?

"Armstrong Enterprise, come in Armstrong Enterprise. Is anyone in the Bhal system receiving this transmission, over?" The man's voice was frantic, panicked. He kept calling them over and over, desperate to hear a response.

"How long's he been at that?"

"A couple hours. He has family on that station and thinks they've been hit by Thargoids since he's not getting any response. They got an Aegis lab there, you know."

"Yeah, that'd get anyone spooked. When you gonna tell him the radio's unplugged?"

"He owes me 100 credits. When I've had 100 credits of fun out of this, I suppose."