Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 160163164165166167170 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2831

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Be Prepared

Four ships. Fully aware of his presence, they came straight at him. More irritated than anything, he realised he had been duped. Too many people loved her.

Of course he had planned for this situation.

As the ships closed on his position, he almost laughed. This is all they sent after him? Bunched up like rookies who hadn't even earned their wings yet. Pathetic.

They tried to hail him over comms. Surrender? Not bloody likely.

He simply fired one short beam of heat into the cluster of pressurized hydrogen canisters he had hidden in preparation of just such an ambush.

01 - Fletchmo - Don’t Be Greedy
    02 - Frank - Can't Handle the Pressure
    03 - FolcoTook - Contents: Under Pressure
    04 - Alien - Someone Had To Do It
    05 - Spacebaboy - When in Rome
    06 - CdrTwisted - Return of the kink
    07 - phong - Untitled
    08 - BluWolve - Be Prepared

Good to see some new faces in the contest, as well as those who have rejoined after a long break. Good luck to everyone.

You can't do anything. The wind and the snow is whipping up a gale outside. Your boss has excused you from work. You might as well join our jolly competition while you're waiting for better weather.

Write a short story of exactly 100 words long, set in the Elite Galaxy, about this week's topic, "CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE" (The title of the story isn't part of the 100 word count)

Just post your entry to this thread, and at the end of today I'll gather up all the stories and set up a poll so that people can vote on their favourites

One of the consequences of expansion.....

Live from Barnard’s Star’s Broadcasting Service on Boston Base.
    The BSBS now in partnership with HOTSPORTS...
    Brings you SPORT REPORT

And now Mike Coxmells and Willie Sniffit

Hutton orbital’s Brígharri Piszflóps finds his record going to into next weeks rage in a cage far from perfect
    Having been knocked down 33 times in his last 8 way Zero-G fight.
    He is currently recovering from a cauliflower arsehole,
    some say this puts piszflops under enormous pressure for the next fight against Gerupta Kweefe; who scored a flawless victory in the last round
    after a penetrating double volley blow knocked everyone out....

Title:- Mission of pressure

The was war breaking out.
    It was Against the Thargoid race.
    It was us or them, no one could afford to lose.
    Stringfellow Hawke was given a mission to intercept a FDL.
    He got into his black python.
    Plotted an intercept course.
    And hit the frame shift drive.
    It was just over ten minutes when he arrived at the meeting place.
    He jumps out of super cruise and found the FDL.
    The docked together and met in Hawkes ship
    James Tharquotemetal gave him the envelope marked top secret.
    "Don't open this and deliver it to where it says" Said James

Under Pressure - pooping down on you...

It didn't take much to go over limit. Profit margins were slim. Everything was run close to the bone as it could go.
    Fuel tanks farted, cargi holds swelt. Life support systems would sometimes cut off mid-dock. Entertainement budgets suffered the most.
    Susan Boils was supported by a Stevie Wonder tribute act. And he was running late.
    The bar manager spotted him, surrounded by what looked like groupies...
    Angrily he ran over and grabbed his arm hustling him into the bar
    "I can't see!!" Stevie cried...
    "Save your act for ..."
    "Act? I just empty the pooptanks of the ships mate!"

It's now late enough to draw a close to this week's Drabbles. I'll go see about sticking up the poll.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Under-Pressure

In the absence of a winner appearing to give us this weeks AWESOME theme,might I suggest the theme is set by the silver medallist?
    Over to you,Frank...

Well having that task fall on my shoulders is a bit of a surprise, as has all this snow that's fallen on my village.

So in light of needing a topic quick and not being able to think of anything better, the topic this week is...

.. Surprise!

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Well having that task fall on my shoulders is a bit of a surprise, as has all this snow that's fallen on my village.

So in light of needing a topic quick and not being able to think of anything better, the topic this week is...

.. Surprise!
    I was going to set it as "Untitled" ... but "Surprise" will do just as well

@BlueWolve, if you do see this and want to set a late topic, we'll make it a two topic week ... just remember in future to check the results early GMT Monday and if you win, set a topic (this could be for everyone, not just BlueWolve)

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Well having that task fall on my shoulders is a bit of a surprise, as has all this snow that's fallen on my village....
    All the more reason to stay in and entertain us with more excellent drabbles.

p.s.I've just been offered 900k to donkeydonkeynate Mr.Winnard.What has he been up to.?

Oh! You Shouldn't Have

Great news! I'm not paranoid. They really are out to get me. From the lobby I could hear feet shuffling behind my hotel room door.

It's the galaxy's biggest open secret that slavery is bad for the Empire's economy. But of course some vested interests are making a killing, and they won't be too happy with my report. Slavers aren't exactly famous for their even temperament.

I burst through the door guns a-blazing. Blood and intestines splattered everywhere mixing with a birthday cake's showering sponge. I looked in horror at the carnage, and at the blood-spattered flags spelling "HAPPY 40TH"

Blind debt

George Lucas turned its attention to the Cobra docked in bay 17.

"What’s your name and where d’ya come from?" the pilot asked.

Ah. The courier from Pratchett Gateway. George Lucas refreshed its circuits and found the passcode.

Nice to see you, to see you nice, it responded.

"I need a new hat," the pilot said. More ancient code. George Lucas examined the offline card index.

You get nothing for a pair, not in this game.

The pilot sighed in relief. "Thanks, Lukey - it's an emergency. Call a medic. We picked up a disease. It's Cillerear. We've had alorralorralaffs."

Separated At Berth

Rob De Balzac coughed as cold hands cupped and caressed his prized possession. This wasn't the treatment he'd expected at Mary's Land of Larceny. For one thing, he'd been told to expect a toasty welcome. For another, he'd believed they'd all have sticky fingers. Fortunately that wasn't true, he thought.

"Excuse me!", he shouted across the filthy landing bay, "that's my Asp you're stroking. Remove those coveting hands".

"Was you, the owner?" spat a toothless crone as she nodded to her enormous bodyman approaching.

"What do you mean, 'was'!? I..." he choked.

"Sorry m'lud, was were I meant to say".

Surprise!

You now only have several hours to write your Drabbles.
    Get Drabbling!

3.14159 Day

"A meaty filling ... with gravy"
    Sven looked mystified, he couldn't also grasp the concept of pastry.
    "A ... pie?"
    "Yes, a pie, trust me, when cooked they are the best food on Earth."
    Simoof stood up "Hang on Sven, I've got this." Simoof left.
    "And people eat them? ... and ... pay ... to eat them?" Sven still couldn't grasp the concept.
    "Yes, and mash"
    "Mash?"
    "Creamy white potatoes"
    "po ... tay ... toes?"
    "you boil them, mash them stick them in a stew ... potatoes"
    A loud smelly blurrping noise erupted, and Simoof came back carrying something
    "I have sir's pies ... did you want creamy mash?"