Page 167 of 203 FirstFirst ... 162165166167168169172 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3044

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

You have one hour to get your Drabbles in
    EDIT: ...and that hour is now up.

I don't think I've forgotten anyone this week. I'll away put up the poll

EDIT: ...and now it's up https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...he-Daily-Grind

Last minute entry (sorry - was having too much fun listening to the show and giving Kow abuse)

Title: Old trucker has a problem with language
    By Fletch - Aged seven and three quarters

I was in the bar at ‘Utton last week and some posh geezer covered in bandages walks in.
    I says to ‘im “Wot happened to you guv’nor?”
    “GRIND” says this Toff.
    So I says: Whassat - You worked so hard you broke yourself?
    “Noooo – GRIND!” He says.
    Did yah wiggle yer Harris on the dance floor and got a kickin’?
    “Noooo – GRIND!” He says aggen.
    D’ya want some onionhead powder?
    Noooo – GRIND!
    ”Wot d’ya mean mate? I kunt understand!
    He says ”One bounced very hard on an 8 gee planet and hit the GRIND. You bleedin’ peasant!”

When you don't give a duck and just want to play

"They don't call it the grind for nuffin'!" an angry old man yelled at the new materials trader.

"Actually they do" replied a passing duck salesman, "they've minced those words for ages. Those 'Grind For Nothing' reward missions the crybabies whine".

"I think you're mistaken" interjected a rabbi looking up from beneath his crystal black sidewinder's bonnet, "missions are optional, scrape a few at a time, they're not monotonous".

"That's kitty-kibble!" spouted a potatoey character in stiletto and stockings, "my hull's had many a scrape running missions".

The trader sighed, "I just want know how much for that Mallard, mate".

Congrats to Fletchmo who won last week but actually thought Frank had won...

So with that in mind he chose this weeks topic which is:

LET'S BE FRANK

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

CORRECTION ALERT!

This week's topic is...

Let's be frank
    (with correct usage of apostrophes)

What are you on about???

<Fletch's eyes are going>

I'd like to congratulate Fletchmo on his fine choice of subject. I'm sure we'll see a large number of high quality Drabbles on this topic.

F Scott Fitzgerald would be spinning in his Cobra

George Lucas turned its attention to the Cobra leaving bay 17.
    The Letsby Frank flew into George Lucas's letterbox and got stuck. For 58 seconds. 59. 60.
    Beam lasers disintegrated the obstruction. The Letsby Frank was gone. It had become... the Late Letsby.
    George Lucas's circuits rippled with enjoyment. The last joke it had thought of was 57 years ago. It messaged Pratchett Gateway instantly. Finally, the world would realise the depth of George Lucas's comic genius.
    [Strange things began to happen around the station. Midden was allowed into the bar on deck 43. Simoof bought a drink. Psykokow sang.]

Lettuce B,Frank.

Mungo was famed for its produce.The winner of any category in the 'Best of show' was
    assured a lifetime of riches and glamour,feted by chefs and gourmets throughout the
    sector and beyond.Competition to own the prestigious title was fierce,and many were
    the attempts to fix the result.
    One particular piece of skullduggery involved the kidnapping of a commander's
    ship,said commander being told that unless all instructions were followed ,he would
    never see his precious hull again.
    Disguised as a judge,he approached the groaning tables on which were displayed the
    succulent fruits of the soil.

Phong has taken the obvious pun off the table. We are all now going to have to work a bit harder on our Drabbles

Dust In The Wind

Sven spotted Franks empty bar stool out of the corner of his eye.
    Rumour said it was 242 years old, and was part of the original fittings the bar the Thargoid and Fer-De-Lance replaced; Fuel Scoops.
    Sven walked around the bar and poked the stool, sending dust into the air.
    Not the 1st time I've poked a dusty stool, Sven thought.
    He didn't do anything more than poke.
    Sven knew Frank had one good swing of a pickaxe left in him.
    He skedaddled behind the bar as Frank slowly toddled back from the toilet.
    'Did you just poke my stool?'

I poke my own stools. At my age I need to check my health.

Illegal Discharge

The lawyer put down the dossier and leaned over his desk to address his client. "I'll be frank. You can't win this. Pay the damages. Take anger management."

"But it was just a glancing strike! Friendly fire! I thought I saw a pirate behind him! His shields were so weak..."

"You chased after him yelling over the comms that you had right of way. You took down his shields, disabled his drives, then defaced his hull." He winced at the holophoto in front of him marked EXHIBIT A "That's quite a picture considering you drew it using a laser weapon."

an Ode

It was an awfy dark night, in an awfy dark room,
    Where a loud bloody voice made a feckin loud boom.
    It did hereto speak “let there be light”
    But sadly instead “a wee baw of e”
    Twas during Creation, Frank did start,
    Not a days passed without him to fart
    God’s only stepson, is his fine brag tae boast
    As he sits roon at breakfast, munchin his toast
    He’s a’ways been here, waftin his jaw
    Writing drabbles and 'something' his maw
    It’s a wonder we’ve never tried a rhyme wi Frank
    That’s cause we know, it’d end wi wanq

Title:- The Jaques Election

General Mudpuke went in to the officers bar.
    He Bumped into his old mate, Admiral Simoof.
    The started to discuss politics.
    "So who do you want to win the Colonia Election" said Simoof.
    "Well to be frank I want Jaques to win it".
    "Which faction is he in charge of".
    "No, the faction is called Jaques".
    "Oh, so we got Federation, Empire, Alliance <cough> and Jaques?".
    "Nope, Jaques is the local faction".
    "Ahhh, so you want Jaques Faction to win?".
    "Nope just Jaques".
    "I'm confused, who's in charge of this station".
    Well you may not like this but he's called 'Jaques'