Page 168 of 182 FirstFirst ... 158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2717

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Title “<Sharp intake of breath>” By Honest John 😉

Look Guv’nah, you fly into Honest John’s Second-hand Ship Emporium and expect me to part exchange that pile of mistreated space scrap you call a Sidey for a ‘Conda?

I don’t care if you CAN get a brand new one at ‘Utton for 200 creds… it’s not as if you could make it there in that beaten up old jalopy, is it?

I tell yah what, I’ll give you a good price on that A-Rated Python over there, it’s just had a new purple paint job.

Tell yah what – I’ll even throw in a “Hutton Orbital Radio” sticker too!

For Four Franks Makes No Sense

What follows is an account from "Frank" on events in the Thargoid and Fer-De-Lance bar

I asked him why he drinks:
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

"Why did you not stop them?"
    "The most important thing to do in your life is to not interfere with somebody else's life.
    First impressions are unfair, because a first impression of somebody is guarded, and you don't know the person.
    She might have mentioned it in passing - we talked of so many things."

A Frank discussion indeed.

01 - CdrTwisted - F Scott Fitzgerald would be spinning in his Cobra
    02 - phong - Lettuce B,Frank.
    03 - Listeri69 - Dust In The Wind
    04 - Frank - Illegal Discharge
    05 - psykokow - an Ode
    06 - RoyalHankey - The Jaques Election
    07 - Fletchmo - “<Sharp intake of breath>” By Honest John
    08 - Alien - For Four Franks Makes No Sense

Entries for this week's competition need to be handed in by 11:00pm tonight. So if you want to get your exactly-100-word story (not including the title) into the poll then you'd better get typing.

This week's subject is "Let's be frank", so a story about some candid conversation would be good, or if you prefer <shoots a dirty look at Kow> you can make fun of a sweet innocent old man

You too can be Frank

Have you ever wanted to experience life as someone else?

Even for just an hour or a day, seeing the universe through someone else's eyes?

Of you course you have, but it's an impossible dream.

Until now. Thanks to advances here at NeuroTek, you to can experience how other people live.

The only question is, who do you want to be today?

Ever fancied being a rugged explorer? Choose Simon.

Maybe a mysterious femme fatale is more to your liking? Choose Alien

Of course our most popular experience is Frank. Who wouldn't want to be a trillionaire playboy bronzed Adonis.

You Can Be Too Frank

I gave the NeuroTek neurolliser a go. I played as frank. Everyone in the universe turned into Franks.

That's it. Entries are now closed. I'll go stick up the poll
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Let-s-Be-Frank

Obviously too late to be included in voting, but thought of this while getting ready this morning, thought I'd include it for a giggle.

Title: Frank's Frankly Full of Frankfurters (and Fries)

Frank and Francesca filed in to McThargoids for a fine feast.

Frank ordered a Frankfurter and Fries. Francesca found her fury which Frank found fearful.

"What furrows your brow, Francesca," asked Frank.

"Frank, your obsession with Franks is frankly frightful," Francesca followed.

"Frankly, Francesca, I find Frankfurters a friendly, flavorful food and fabulous fare for fine feasting."

"Fine feasting! Foolishness. Frankfurters flatly fail to fit fine feasting features!"

Flabergasted, Frank fought on. "Frankfurters are fitting fare for festive feasting."

"That will be five Francs," said Francis the French cashier.

"No one has used Francs in ages," declared Frank. "The Gaul."

After no deliberation at all Alien decided to let me pick this weeks topic which is.....

HANDMADE

HANDMADE

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Title:- Is Alien Intelligent.

"Hey Alien, I have this super handcrafted laser pistol".
    "So, what if it is hand crafted, does it work?".
    "Winnard replied "What you mean does it work".
    "Last time you sold me something it blew up".
    "That was your fault".
    "What. my fault"
    "You cocked when you should of pushed"
    "I read the instructions"
    "Well the instructions was intended for intelligent people".
    "Intelligent people".
    "Yes it is not my fault you not intelligent".
    "I am Intelligent".
    "Well we have facts that a monkey is more intelligent".
    "What, you comparing me to a monkey".
    "Well a monkey can fire a gun".

Brief encounters of a slot kind

There was nothing to indicate that take-off was anything other than routine.The trillionaire playboy bronzed adonis settled back to his first janx of the day,enjoying the gentle lift as he tapped the pedals guiding the nose toward egress.His tailormade stillsuit,adapted for the slightly corrosive effects of janx,delivered the precious sustenance to him at just the right temperature,one sip at a time.He savoured the droplet,then made a note to his tailor,complimenting her on her workmanship and ordering another dozen,in a varierty of irridescent tartans.Gentlemen,after all, really do wear plaid.

"trillionaire playboy bronzed adonis" - phong certainly knows how to secure at least one vote

A Handmaid Tail

The two senators stared lustfully at the slavegirl. "That's some outfit. Where did you get the fancy dress cat costume for her?"

The fat old senator beamed with pride. "You can't get that from the shops. I nano-printed it myself using my own design." He yelled over to the girl. "Keira! Come over here for a second. That's right. Turn around."

The senator grabbed a hold of the costume's tail and pulled hard on it.

"The tail is an integral part of the costume. I can tug it as much as I like and it's not going to drop off."

Title: Jobs For Ugly Critters.

By Fletch – Aged 7 and ¾

In the 34th century, equal opportunities meant it was easier for unskilled cephalopods to hold down reasonable jobs.

Maude was content with her work, even though she was considered a bit weird, even amongst her own kind. Being able to change colour, she preferred to be greenish than anything else. Some of her family called her bonkers.

An eight-armed room cleaner at Hutton Orbital YMCA wasn’t the best paid job, but she was content.

Her facial hair problem was overlooked by Sven, the manager, and her occasional Tourette’s outbursts were forgiven.

Sven actually liked the mad green hairy lip squid.

Ooh-err, missus

George Lucas turned its attention to the Cobra docked in bay 17.

It chuckled, remembering the joke it told Pratchett Gateway 604,800 lightseconds earlier. Pratchett Gateway had sniffed and said it would send him a present. Here it was, a Cobra - registered as 'Handmaiden' - with a hold full of rares.

"Self-propelled luggage", declared the cargo manifest. George Lucas sent a sub-ether starmoji -- :quizzical: -- to Pratchett Gateway.

"Everything is selfed here," Pratchett replied. "Self-piloting. Self-sniffing. Self-drinking. Even self-cloning."

Oh?

"Yes. My humans start by accessing a sample of their own DNA. Although they don't like it when you call them 'handmade'."

Caikt Insh Ite - A story of cleanliness and a grotty little man.

Commander Winnard was called to the stations managers office.
    "Why did you call me to you office?" he asked, as if Mr Hankey had scripted his question.
    The manager waved him over to the window overlooing the landing pads.
    "Look - that pile of junk sitting there - your grotty ship"
    "I've tried to hire cleaning staff but they refuse my calls now"
    "Well thats the other issue. I have here a complaint from our staff... the handmaiden..."
    "That was a misunderstanding over her job title."
    "Yes, our head polisher knows only too well."
    Winnard started to cry. "I am so lonely"

Coming soon to a Mershun-plex near you:Love at First Flight (NOT for competition)

Originally Posted by CdrTwisted View Post (Source)
    604,800 lightseconds earlier.
    Ah,the old parsec gag.They don't tell 'em like they used too.
    I am enjoying the George Lucas tales immensely.So much so in fact,that i was inspired to pen the following for your perusal .

Thea slapped away the ghostly finger.
    'Get your pervy pins out of my sockets,ya old goat,before i ice yer bits.'
    It is rare to catch a station A.I.off guard but the snatch of protocols he'd glimpsed was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before .
    George backed off hastily, as banks of indicator lamps suddenly blossomed red in the control room,gradually fading to a more circumspect orange.
    'Im terribly sorry,erm..mam?'he stammered,'I'm just doing my job.'
    In a love that spanned galaxies,he was a Station A.I.,she was a simple Threat Evaluation Analysis module.

Keep up the good work,Commander.