Page 169 of 203 FirstFirst ... 164167168169170171174 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3044

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Thank you 'Snatch of protocols'... lol.

My stuff is basically an extended passive-aggressive character attack / homage to the creator of Revenge of the Sith. (Sith's an interesting word, isn't it? A short word with an obvious anagram.)

Have you read the Ancillary Justice books? I stole my theme from them.

I've not heard of them,but i will put them on my search list.
    Last SF work i read was 'Will Save the Galaxy for Food'.Humourous sci-fi,as the title implies.

Meet The Dongkum Cabbie....

Welcome to Dongkum,
    A system with some class
    You're always covered in Dongkum
    When someone penetrates your asp

For trade and rares it's awesome
    Explorers find a treat
    For everyone feels special
    With Dongkum on their feet

Try our Mexicum Pancakes
    Wave your sausage all about
    But you haven't been to Dongkum
    Without spastic eagaling a kraut

We're welcoming towards you
    Have you tried the reacharound
    That's a local speciality
    Where we tug you to the ground

The best is saved for last my friends
    The finest Thermal paste
    Handmade from start to finish
    From the pump below the waist

Also Page 1..69... <snicker giggle guffaw>

Talking about pages, that's another chapter of the Drabble Show that has come to an end. If you have a Drabble to enter for this week then spead to a friendly passing mod

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-244-Hand-Made

I won again. YAY go me! #bestdrabblerever anyway I get to pick a topic for this week again so get your shorts on, sweatbands sweaty and fingers tapping for...

SPORTS DAY

SPORTS DAY

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt
    20. Mr Hankey's snakes are not to be used as pens

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Well this weeks drabble show is looking full .
    not even one drabble.....on thursday......

ITs Easter.............

Title : 1st Drabble.... Mr Hankey, guess what..... i voted for you! Happy birthday by the way.

Its infinite permutations appealed to Commander Draxxor, its absolute influence was spellbinding and its boundless acceptance took her breath away. the eternal nature of it's story and its perpetual appeal was what made this a timeless classic. the props were lined up in a triangular matrix, each formation facing each other in a suspended state of animation for all of time, next the small sphere of light plastic in Draxxor's left hand was released and found its mark. Draxxor laughed as Commander Psymons Drank the gin, everyone loved Beer Pong and it was always a favorite on Hutton's sports day.

Running from myself again....

The starter's pistol fired.
    100 people started the race but the same amount were never going to finish
    Simoof pushed hard from the start knowing a good lead would see him in good stead for the later part of the race
    he was really running hard now, cheeks puffing in and out, body parts all twitching in perfect unison
    He'd been in training for weeks for this race and he wasn't going to fail now. T
    he high calorie intake, the rhythm, the breathing and the positioning.
    Checking his bowl Simoof knew he was winning toilet filler of the year...

Blistering

His hand and wrist ached from the sheer effort, sweat pouring from his forehead.
    Each slight shift in his weight led to a slurpy squeak as sweat pooled in the gaps between his cheeks and pilot chair.
    It had been a real struggle to find a strong source of the signal, and to get there in time to catch the first broadcast had been the most critical part of his mission. Now he just had to manage to survive long enough to catch the whole broadcast.
    The Achenar Playboy televised Wet T-shirt sports day might just kill him this year.

Going the full hog

"Sports Day!? What is that all about?" quizzed the normal people.
    "We don't know, Winnard posted it." replied the others.
    "So water sports, you know pissing on people and the likes?"
    "I dont think so. I mean he is disgusting and that is probably something he'd do for fun."
    "Has wanking been declared a sport? He'd be world champion"
    "Not that we are aware."
    A sudden gust of wind suddenly blew open an unseen fold in the paper...
    "Ahh, ok that makes sense..." Supersized porky pigs wanted for Winnards sex day marathon.
    What do you think he'll do with them?"

I just had a terrible thought. If we don't have any Drabbles, Kow will fill up the Drabble show talking... with his own words!

People we need more Drabbles urgently.

What's a Couple Extra Letters Amongst Friends

Folco showed up on the big day carrying several food containers. The gathered athletes were lined up at the registration table and Folco joined at the end of the queue.

When Folco's turn came up, he set the containers on the table and began to fill in the registration form.

"I'm a little confused on which events to enter my dishes in," queried Folco.

"Dishes?"

"Yes, I have dishes with beans, and alfalfa, and radishes."

"Are you supposed to be delivering these to the athlete's tent," asked the official.

"No, I'm here for the food contest. Isn't this Sprouts Day?"

The View From The Observation Deck (Or How This Unrelated Title And Story Barely Meet The Criteria)

Grimly, his damaged Diamondback Explorer, Lump, limped toward Farseer Base. The meta-alloy in his hull was hard to come by and pirates and Thargoids had been interest in him since. Base in sight, he called for docking permission. Suddenly his display lit up with multiple incoming ships: Vipers. He clenched everything. Evasive manuvers were out of the question. He was so close! Then they screamed past his cockpit at incredible speeds, meters from his hull. "Out of our way, noobkins!" The commander was barely able to make out the word "CANYON" written in large letters - and then they were gone.