Page 174 of 190 FirstFirst ... 169172173174175176179 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2847

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Laundry Day on the old Type-9

With no topic, here's my promised "Laundry Day" Drabble:

The only way a pilot gets through a trip is through routine. Things had gone wrong, though, and Commander Tob had been forced, more than normal, to face crisis after crisis. And his Remlok flight suit? When was the last time he washed it? It was usually on Thursdays. Today was a Thursday, right? What about last Thursday? Wait, that was the malfunctioning power plant day. Laundry didn't happen. The Thursday before? He'd spent the entire day scrubbing biowaste out of cargo bay 8. When was the last laundry day?

Was this why his beloved wasn't rushing into his arms?

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    That's a good point. I'll put the poll up whether or not anybody actually posts a Drabble
    if only two people enter I won't allow people to vote for their favourite three

Cutting it fine

The jump engines faded into silence as the low fuel warning flickered into life.

The man in the pilots seat looked out through the crystal glass that made up the canopy. The ruddy light of a brown dwarf bathed his grizzled features as he wrestled the flight control.

His ship turned slowly, gradually revealing the second star of this unusual system. The vista changed, as the yellow glow of a scoopable K class came into view.

The pilot gently pushed the throttle forward as used his remaining fuel to he coax the ship into the stars corona.

Fuel scoop engaged.

I think we should keep doing a rollover until Kow gets to his release date. It was only meant to be one day minimal severity but his brother represented him badly after that "bare left" incident.

So there he was, standing in front of the judge about to receive the minimal penalty of a day's community service cleaning the stations outer docking ring when his brother stands in response to the judge's question.

"Does anyone here want to speak against this pronouncement"

"Judge I object to the severity of this sentence!"

"OK then, 4 weeks and manually degaussing cubicle 3!".

Title: You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish

I'm voting for the person using Parliament lyrics. The winner should set the title as the Mothership Connection.

Where have all the mooKows gone?

Dar Kumor stormed into the office,brushing past Mr.Winnard,who skipped out of the way just in time.;-)
    'Where is he?',Kumor hissed through his teeth,seething with rage.
    'He's on retreat' squeaked a discombobulated King Hankey,hastily re-adjusting his crown,which had slipped a bit.
    'He was eating so many potatos he was in danger of going boom,so we sent him up-country.He thinks he's going for a makeover at a spa.Actually its a space-marine bootcamp.We enlisted him'
    'Not him,the other one - the plummer.The one you call pig-fart.I'm gonna kill him.'
    'Why?'
    'Mug!'

<sigh> I guess you are all winners... apart from Galactic Midden. He's the only loser.

Considering this contest might suffer from apathy seeing as we've lost the endorsement of a certain excitable and energetic potato at the moment, we'll allow the topic of the week to be chosen by the first winner who can be bothered to choose one.

...so that's everyone who took part last week, apart from Galactic Midden who lost the contest.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I guess you are all winners... apart from Galactic Midden. He's the only loser.

Considering this contest might suffer from apathy seeing as we've lost the endorsement of a certain excitable and energetic potato at the moment, we'll allow the topic of the week to be chosen by the first winner who can be bothered to choose one.

...so that's everyone who took part last week, apart from Galactic Midden who lost the contest.
    Loser! I think everyone else winning just means that none of you are special.
    Whereas little ol' me, behind the tied three,
    and with a little bit of cheek, can say... I'm unique!

Are any of the winners out there going to come forwards with a topic for this week? Come on. There were a lot of winners last week. We only need just the one of you to reply.

Anyone... apart from Galactic Midden.

And so Cleonymus stepped up to the plate an gave us the topic

Buckey's Ball

Accepting the gauntlet of a new unique, original and entertaining subject for a new Drabble, I examined the goings on in Elite - merged it with the usual goings on in the Drabble thread, and came up with....

Bucky's Ball

IFSGC delayed due to artefact shortage.

Teams across the bubble were depending on her completing this mission. Retrieve the right artefact so the competition could resume.

The SRV danced across the planets surface, it's driver splitting her attention between peering at the scanner and avoiding the larger boulders.

As it approached the crest of the latest rise, the Guardian site hove into view. A brief look of relief passed across Commander Buckie's face as she realised that her objective could not be far.

Some called them an ancient "Orb" but in the world of the inter faction soccer galactic cup, they were just a useful ball.

I came in like a wrecking ball

Bucky was unlucky; he came from Kentucky, with menfolk both clueless but keen.

"Truckie!" said Bucky, joining wings with friend Ducky... before both turned purple from green.

"Bucky..." said Ducky, "you've shot another truckie. Worse! He's not wanted he's clean!"

"Turkey!" cursed Bucky "my aim's gotten mucky... let's cover it up with my beams".

"Study more Bucky, you can't kill a truckie, you'll be dog food for Alvin and more".

"Puppy!" spat Bucky, "and awfully yucky. He's harmless, just a pet to chew toys and ignore".

Bucky thought Ducky... you're now former truckie, and about to be Alvin's new ball.

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Bucky was unlucky; he came from Kentucky, with menfolk both clueless but keen.

"Truckie!" said Bucky, joining wings with friend Ducky... before both turned purple from green.

"Bucky..." said Ducky, "you've shot another truckie. Worse! He's not wanted he's clean!"

"Turkey!" cursed Bucky "my aim's gotten mucky... let's cover it up with my beams".

"Study more Bucky, you can't kill a truckie, you'll be dog food for Alvin and more".

"Puppy!" spat Bucky, "and awfully yucky. He's harmless, just a pet to chew toys and ignore".

Bucky thought Ducky... you're now former truckie, and about to be Alvin's new ball.
    ... there's no way I can compete with this.

Originally Posted by TheOriginalB View Post (Source)
    ... there's no way I can compete with this.
    It is a pretty good Drabble, but you should enter the contest. You have to remember that there'll be people out there who will now not vote for Midden just because it would be funny if he came last again.