Page 182 of 194 FirstFirst ... 177180181182183184187 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2909

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Just in from the Interwebs...

CMDR Pseudonyme- When you forget the topic but think it's something like this.

"Brock, you idiot! You've parked with the gradient-drift location combudlefobbler off again. ."

Danny was displeased. Brock, his half brother, was about as useful as a third nipple leaking like a faulty button plug.

Danny felt a little tingle in his pant equipment pouch and let out a sigh. He removed his little talkie blob and gave the gel sac a squeeze. It was Brock back from the commodity market.

"Brock you git, where are you?"

"Just landing Danny, you said 'be useful and fill the hold'. Zeroing in on your co-ordinates in 3...2... Yikes! I'm landing like a brick.

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Delete what?

p.s. the re-working of my drabble lovingly created by magical wonders of the internet improved my drabble vastly. In much the same way that polishing a turd markedly improves it in every dimension... except the current one.
    My computer is so enamoured by my outpourings it thinks people deserve to hear it twice. I asked a Mod to delete one of the text-bounced posts. His response <shock> is that it'd be better for the world if both posts were deleted.

I think now it'd be better just leaving things as is. Sometimes references to deleted posts in subsequent posts can become a little confusing.

Friday was a hot and busy day, so in the evening I had a nice sit down, wrapped my legs in a cosy blanket and had a hot cup of cocoa. I fell asleep and missed the Drabble show completely.

At least I did better than last week. Last week I woke up in time to catch the tail end of the show.

Yay I won Chuck Tingle week...I don't know if i should be proud or ashamed of that fact but it still means I have to pick this weeks topic which is......

SPLAT!

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt
    20. A reward is available for anyone finding Midden for Simoof.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

They Ran Over The Cat As They Were Leaving

I don't know when the Fuel Rats will arrive. I don't have enough fuel to avoid colliding with the moon looming up in my Sidewinder cockpit. Instead of wasting it just slowing down the inevitable, I'll use it to alter my trajectory and land in that sea of liquid ammonia...

But just then the Fuel Rat's Corvette arrives. It drops into normal space with a great deal of forward momentum, and a Sidewinder right in front of them. There was no way to dodge it. The Sidewinder splatters on the cockpit of the Corvette like a bug on a windscreen.

Pyrrhic Victory (aka An Unstoppable Force Meets An Immovable NPC)

"Coming in hot!" I screamed at the station controller. The Thargoid's caustic attack was still eating away at the last bits of my hull, and, though I'd won the fight, my canopy was shattered and I had mere moments of oxygen left. "Alpha Sierra Sierra, cleared to land on pad 10." Great, all the way in the back. I prayed I'd make it there - and that my shields would hold as I landed. I lined up with the mail slot, vastly exceeding the posted speed limit out of desperation. And then, in horrific slow motion, I saw the stuck Beluga...

Well gin... we've had some good times

"In the halcyon days of dongkum pat the splat was merely a drink you would make from anything you could find, mainly centuri mega gin and rot gut made from Dongkum corn. Ah i remember it well, friends passed out in a pool of their own misadventure. There was a great song about the gin... let me sing it Now:

When I was 17, I drank a very good gin,
    I drank a very good gin, I purchased, with a fake pilots licence I.D,
    My name was commander Bryan McGee,
    I stayed up listening to Queen,
    When I was 17.

Offspring - the trilogy.

A day everybody feared in the space academy. Few would survive. Mentally scarred they'd continue.
    Things still had be to done.
    Commander Bumhole had 3. He hated bring your kids to work day more than anyone.
    2 of his were running riot around the cockpit. "Whee!! Splosh!!! behave or you'll be locked in the room"
    "Unusal names!" the commander next to him said.
    "It's the sound they made when they came out their mothers vagina. Splosh fell in a bucket. Whee slid across the room."
    A strange haunting groan cackled across the comms, moist and distorted.
    "Thats my third - little..."
    (p.s. Midden's my hero)

01 - Frank - They Ran Over The Cat As They Were Leaving
    02 - TheOriginalB - Pyrrhic Victory (aka An Unstoppable Force Meets An Immovable NPC)
    03 - Entarius Fusion - Well gin... we've had some good times
    04 - RoyalHankey - World Cup 3304
    05 - Simoof - Offspring - the trilogy.

It's a quiet night tonight. Why not grab a whiskey, get yourself behind your typewriter, and dash off a Drabble for this week's competition?... the topic is "Splat"

You have one hour to get your entry in

Splitter, splotter, splatterrrrrrr......

'When you can't think of a good rebuttal for your opponent's argument, you can always punch them in the face.' Simoof shouted from the cubicle
    'I can't do that. besides it's a harmless potato, what has a harmless potato ever done?' said midden
    'History is made up of people recovering from the last disaster involving a potato' Simoof swore bringing a picture of their target on the screen. 'Eventually you’d just get tired and just want it to end. And I've reached that point' Simoof screamed at midden
    'All he did was pat your splat'
    'It was in my underpants!'

IDGP enters the movie business. On a budget.

The Independent Dongkum Green Party were happy. Their recent expansion was a resounding success.
    To celebrate, they decided to make an educational film.

Skiprat was left in charge. Only for a short while though. The screams were too loud and the neighbours complained too much.

Lord Shouty took over. He decided to make an educational film called "Splat"

Draxxor had a deep well of curiosity that needed filling. She stealthily crept up on Shouty's new studio in Swanwick Orbital.

To her dismay she heard Shouty screaming:

"Schnelle Gunther, there's only 30 seconds left on the reel - ICE THAT CAKE!!"

Reasons Not to Crew for Buffalo Bill - #1

I once had a cat, it's name was Splat
    but it sadly disappeared today.

I said to my crew, "find Splat right noo!"
    and they all gathered in the cargo bay.

"Search the ship, you prigs, or I'll skin you like pigs,
    they're more intelligent and prettier too".

"But sir! We've got FISH, Splat's favourite dish,
    he'll be attracted like flies to a poo".

"No you wally, I bought Phish Lolly,
    it's nothing but algae and glue".

"That's in Phish Lolly? You're off your trolley,
    you've been feeding that to the entire crew".

...I just chuckled and licked another finger.

Cmdr : Pseudonym : The Streets of Dongkum

Have you seen the Skiprat outside the kiddies playground
    flashing at them all with his worn out bits
    in his eyes you see surprise
    he holds Lucy by the thighs
    yesterdays condom holding yesterdays jizz

now you can tell me you're horny
    say with pride the kum does shine
    let me take you from behind
    do you in the streets of dongkum
    I'll show you something
    that'll corrupt your mind

In the late-night orgy a quarter-past-eleven
    same old skippy taking another tunamelt
    looking at kids over the bulge of his belly
    Each one lasts 1hr then he waddles home alone...

I couldn't get it outta my head so now you have to sing it, i'm sorry

Here in space, when your feeling blue
    You can fly to me, I will be in dongkum
    When it seems, all your hopes and dreams
    Are a million jumps away, I will re-assure you

We're all getting sticky together
    Good friends, milking each other
    Never ever forget that
    dong-kums ther-mal paste is great, so

Pat the Splat,
    Come on now dont be shy
    Pat the Splat,