Page 186 of 198 FirstFirst ... 181184185186187188191 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2957

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Ladybug goes wokkaboot - (not for competition)

The incessant drumming and banging had died down and in the relative quiet a new sound drifted across the night.She moved towards the window drawn by the humming which slowly swelled to a crescendo and finally broke into song.Faint at first she strained to capture the words which made their way through the muggy air She peeped through the curtains at pitchforks glinting in torchlight,listening intently.With a smile, she slipped on her 4Q jacket and went out into the night.Soon she too was standing with the protesters, singing 'Where did you get that hair'lustliy.

So what is the topic this week? If someone posts a topic , no matter how ridiculous or difficult, by 09:00 GMT Tuesday 17th July 2018, I shall feel obliged to actually write something .

Dirty is the one ive chosen

WELL DONE TO DRAXXOR AND THE ORIGINAL B
    THIS WEEKS THEME IS
    DIRTY and WHERE ARE MY PANTS?

Don't forget the rules...

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt
    20. A reward is available for anyone finding Midden for Simoof.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close late (ish) on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional
    **especially the one about winning a prize
    ***and the one about Simoof being human

Get Off My Space-lawn (aka All I Ever Had Was a Cobra And That Should Be Good Enough For You.)

Dirty? Son, you ain't seen anything like dirty. Trust me. Yeah, your shiny Clipper might have gotten smudged by some laser fire, but back in my day? Remember CMDR "Pantless" Jack? Entire cockpit got burned by lasers, including his pants. Your smudge don't impress me much.

And, son? This bull-crap whining about "ship loadouts" and how you're going to have get your ship outfitted. Back in my day? You lubed up your elbows with space-grease and you swapped the modules yourself. It once took me three solid days to get a better power plant in my Cobra! Man, you kids...

Originally Posted by insanephoton View Post (Source)
    So what is the topic this week? If someone posts a topic , no matter how ridiculous or difficult, by 09:00 GMT Tuesday 17th July 2018, I shall feel obliged to actually write something .
    Yes please.

I've got an early start on Friday. Could someone else do the Drabble Poll Thursday night?

Something

Midden was in an agitated state.
    'Has anyone seen my lucky pants? I need them for tonight''
    'What do they looks like?' Frank asked casually.
    'The hot pink thong with a unicorn and rainbow motif printed on it'
    'Oh those. I think I saw Simoof using them as an oily rag. Maybe you should check the engine room'
    Midden angrily bounced through the ship like a psychotic pinball Finally he found them by a leaky valve and in a disgusting state. He hastily put them in the washing machine set it to it's highest setting 'Extremely Dirty', then he prayed.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I've got an early start on Friday. Could someone else do the Drabble Poll Thursday night?
    I've got it Frank!

Mamma Mia, Whatsa Matter Here?

Dr Ax pulled her head back from the oily flange she'd been rubbing, "sorry, what did you ask?" she said to the mysterious gentleman who'd drifted down from above.

"Have you been injured or incapacitated in a workplace injury?"

"You wot!? I'm stripping my wankel mate, I couldn't care less what you're selling. Now blast off before I empty my sump over your silly tweed pyjama pants".

"Sorry m'lady. No harm intended. It's just I heard you'd recently suffered a venereae rhino farinae subactae episode".

"A what?"

He checks his notes, "nasal pasta erotica ma'am. Would you like to claim?"

Right, by my count we have just three drabbles in the pipes so far

01 - TheOriginalB - Get Off My Space-lawn (aka All I Ever Had Was a Cobra And That Should Be Good Enough For You.)
    02 - Insanephoton - Something
    03 - Galactic Midden - Mamma Mia, Whatsa Matter Here?

You have about an hour and two topics to choose from, so get drabbling people!

Edit: If this is as good as it gets, I propose a roll over until next week.

The good, the bad and the oh my god what did you do???

The lights flickered and went out as the vessel staggered,recoiling from a huge blow to starboard.The emergency lighting systems kicked in and alarms blared and wailed.the companionsways were filled with the sounds of booted feet hurrying to their allotted station,and within a minute the alarms cut off,and the ship returned to a tense and fearful silence which dissolved as the tannoy informed the crew of their situation,and directed appropriate personnel to damage control.Simoof appeared at the bulkhead leading to cubicle three.'I'd give it a few minutes if i were you.Has anyone seen my pants?'

As we only have a small submission and our venerable host is visiting the big smoke, so can't stream the show, I'm going to hold off on putting the poll up until next week. Hopefully another 7 days will see us with a full list of drabbles.

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    As we only have a small submission and our venerable host is visiting the big smoke, so can't stream the show, I'm going to hold off on putting the poll up until next week. Hopefully another 7 days will see us with a full list of drabbles.
    It also means that Frank might not be to busy to put up the poll

Originally Posted by insanephoton View Post (Source)
    It also means that Frank might not be to busy to put up the poll
    I guess we'll have to get a few more entries written and all. In case you've all forgotten, the current topics are "DIRTY" and "WHERE ARE MY PANTS?"