Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 186189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2897

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Yeah,some awesome stuff this week,from the back of beyond.I always have a problem choosing the best three.But it looks like this weeks winner has absconded with the crown without leaving a forwarding drabble theme.See Rule 4 (ammended) posted by last weeks winner.And why is kow hatless?is this a trend?

I won? Oh my! It's been a while...

Well, let's get us a new theme then! I hereby choose.... !

Alliance

Please do get your entries in here, in this thread, and also do pay close attention to the rules.. they are below.

Do also join us Friday 7:00pm BST at http://twitch.tv/psykokow for the live readings, it might help you pick your winning 3 drabbles..

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Windows To The Soul . . .

What astonished the Xeno/Alien alliances the most
    as human beings began to move out into the cosmos and take our place among the other races in the galaxy was how wrong we all were about what made humans unique in the universe.
    Not our intelligence, not our compassion, not ruthlessness or bravery.
    It was our eyes.

Of all the races in the galaxy it seems humans are the only beings that have evolved organs capable of detecting energy in the “visible” wavelengths, making humans the best damn star-ship pilots in the entire known universe, renowned for our ability to perform precision maneuvers.

I voted for you Alien.

'Not down there.It's not been cleared by bug patrol.''I aint scared of no bugs.Besides,t'aint that fur,you can see the other side,look.C'mon,it's getting late,i could do with some chow.' 'You just got a date with that cute muni gal.' 'Yeah,maybe i get to practice some of those moves i learnt from the sensubot.You can have my pudding.' 'Well,o.k.then.' It takes a special breed of man to risk it all for some cooze and a nice bit of pudding.Those rebel alley ants don't stand a chance.Enlist now.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well done on the win,Darren and thanks for the theme.

Get ready to duck

Commander Ance had worked all over Imperial and Federation space.
    He had played his part in wars and relief efforts and community goals, for both the major powers. He rarely entered an inhabited system that he had not already visited.
    Now he had a new goal. To explore the realms of the third power. To carve out new trading routes in that part of the bubble with which he was unfamiliar.
    After spending some time establishing a base of operations and befriending the locals. He knew his plan was underway as he heard the announcement.
    Docking request granted ally Ance.

Royal Psykohank - The Perfect Plans end with a sore bottom

Two Cobras Left Lave Station
    "What are we doing today?" asked Squid
    Giles replied "We’re going after a Pirate Lord"
    "Awesome! which one?"
    "Peter Piper picked a pepper"
    "But he has a Corvette, hasn't he?"
    "True, but I’ve got it all figured out " replied Giles "We’re going to need bigger ships"
    --------
    Peter Piper yawned, it had been a quiet morning some light executions, but the two idiots in the cobras were to be the highlight of his day.
    He readied the butfuquor 3000, death by buggy - the stuff of horrors.
    Giles smiled “Told you I had a plan!!!”

Words of Interest

Lester pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose before addressing the meeting. "Look at us! traders, miners... accountants. We're hardly the stuff of heroes, and yet we must do something. For far too long the Empire and the Federation have been using our system as a football.

We must talk to the other independent systems about forming a mutual assistance pact. This stronger alliance will provide us with insurance against the bullying of the superpowers, and closer ties can bring us financial benefits as well.

Personally I'd prefer to avoid a fight, but if not us, then who?"

Mahons Misguided Mishap.

Mahon was mere moments away from making his momentous and majestic march.

To maintain management of many moons with machine like magic meant much maligned maintenence.

Mahons minor mess was mailing Mrs Mahon maps marking major meat markets he made massive. Mistakenly Mahon's mistress might mind the mishap as the modest models mammaries managed to migrate into the mail.

Mahon was messaged minutes after masquerading as a magnificent man mountain in marital morals at the museum monthly marriage means maintaining monogomy meeting.

Mahons Mishap meant a magnitude of moody mornings with Mother-in-laws and morbid machines at the moderate mansion.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Lester pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose before addressing the meeting. "Look at us! traders, miners... accountants. We're hardly the stuff of heroes, and yet we must do something. For far too long the Empire and the Federation have been using our system as a football.We must talk to the other independent systems about forming a mutual assistance pact. This stronger alliance will provide us with insurance against the bullying of the superpowers, and closer ties can bring us financial benefits as well.Personally I'd prefer to avoid a fight, but if not us, then who?"
    I was actually thinking of replying to this. (something about moving the goalposts and stealing the emperors trousers).good job!And welcome new entrants..

The *insert ship name here*

Here in this heavy metal ring i was the star of my own show, with lasers streaking across this vast space and pyrotechnics coming from each angle my ship would dance the sweet ballet of the hunt. Sling-shotting myself at vast speeds around this minefield of a stage, i did it with ease, my engines leaving exquisite patterns of blue that hugged these giant floating mountains. I would sometimes lose myself, that was until some pirate comes along looking for easy pickings. Well your not going to find any here, i deploy my weapons as the Crescendo dramatically builds.

An Unhappy Dalliance

Beef was great, Beef was strong; he was a lovely mate, but he didn't half pong. Amongst the dew of a sparkling sunrise, along came Beef with a big suprise.

Through fields of the narcotic he approached Potato's downed wreck. Face like thunder, arsecheeks asunder, he walked with a limp, dragging a tied-up gimp.

"DUNDERHEID!" He bellowed with acid force as venomous as his other expulsions, "GET OUT HERE!"

Wondering what Beef's beef was, Potato stepped out. "Why are you limping?", he asked.

"Why? WHY!? Because after asking for a handyman I discover this is actually Debaucheryworld you imbecile".

Simoof and Potatofunkle - The sound of Dongkum....

Hello dongkum my ole friend
    it's nice to be here again
    the thermal paste has been expanding
    we don't care where it's landing
    and the mission
    that is planted in our soul
    our final goal
    is to fill
    two ladies

Inside my asp I fly and sing
    when im docking at hans ring
    where there's always coffee waiting
    and skippy masturbating
    theres the balls
    that hang there in the sky
    and mystify
    in the space
    of Dongkum

whilst i was naked i saw
    ten thousand slaves maybe more
    thermal paste was producing
    and skippy was inducing
    the taste of Dongkum

Alliances Reformed

Alliances are seldom forever, some last long times others not. but by definition they are not a perminant commitment.

The horror comes when a partner, a committed pair loose there alliance over the goodies available at a guardian site. ramming srv's and screaming at each other

Draxxor - "Thats mine get off my power conduit"

Psymons - "No it's mine, I killed that sentinel"

Draxxor - "But you stole the last lot, and they where my technology bits."

This exchange carryed on for another 30 minutes

But after the madness of the scramble all is well and the alliances is reformed for now.

Cmdr Pseudonym : Floor Eleven...

'it's one of them flatulence operated lifts' said kow
    'aww thats balls they never recognise my farts' simoof moaned
    'well i got one I can push out' psykokow farted loudly
    'basement' The elevator spoke
    'we want floor eleven'
    'Hang on i think it's one fart for every floor, psykokow turned red as he prepared himself
    'wait a minuite' said simoof, 'it's gonna reek like a packet of nuts in here if you guff to eleven'
    'here I go' said kow ignored simoof, squeezing out 10 farts
    'just one more i can't manage it..'
    Simoof sharted
    'Cubicle three' said the lift...

Beware the alliance.

Alliances.... Oh - they are a funny old thing.
    But the thing about alliances... they all bloody ming.

Make an alliance with Midden, and you will think of dump.
    Make an alliance with Shouty, and you will think of trump.

Make an alliance with Moof and it will be as smelly as anything can be.
    But make an alliance with Skiprat... you'll break the rules of legality.

Make an alliance with Kow, you might be reminded of beef...
    But make the mistake of alliance with Drax. (Well one word for you):

Queef.