Page 202 of 204 FirstFirst ... 197200201202203204 LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3052

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Title: This is the end, my friends

By Fletch (aged 7 )

The Shady Lady's crew were in mourning. Even after a new paint job, the lustre was somehow diminished.

The Hutton flag at every station across the galaxy was flying at half mast to reflect the untimely passing of dear old Cecil B. Trumpington.

His poor abused body had finally succumbed to the centuries of excess, having survived a fair few decades longer than his brain.

Vinegary Tettoon mulled for a good while, before deciding that instead of painting the python purple again, the new livery should be livery brownish as a mark of respect to his dear departed drinking companion.

A Slight Misunderstanding

"We have finished the work you commissioned on your Cobra, commander, and I think it is safe to say you will have a unique ship to display to the galaxy. We're excited by it, we hope you are too."

The shipyard manager beamed expectantly as he led his client into the bay.

The commander winced as she stared at her vessel, which dripped with blood from the offal that had been neatly glued to every available surface.

"Well it's certainly different, but when I said I wanted a new livery , that wasn't quite what I had in mind" , she sighed.

Lights out

Kow was getting desperate,and they were running out of thyme.He peered at the grubby slip of paper scrunched in his paw, trying to make out the words scribbled on it.
    'Kitten knees?' he muttered. 'That can't be right.The emperor is expecting a sumptuous banquet,a feast for the ears,and all i have to offer is a few offal puns.'.
    He shouted to a passing footman, 'Have you seen Simoof?'.
    'He's down at the loading dock fetching dessert,'said Midden,brushing crumbs of black pudding from his uniform.
    'What is it ?' asked Kow. 'Another load of tripe?'

OK I am not around tonight to do a show, so we can ROll this over till next week if people are happy to... I might even get an entry in myself.

I will be back later with some news as well..

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    OK I am not around tonight to do a show, so we can ROll this over till next week if people are happy to... I might even get an entry in myself.

I will be back later with some news as well..
    You might get in a entry? Well, lucky you.

Chapter 2 - Liver-y

“Whatcha making?” Molly asked, watching her CMDR crank the grinder, tendrils of meat squirting out of the device.
    “Burgers” Kadian replied, his arms bloody up to the elbows as he cranked wildly, a grin on his face.
    “If they taste liver-y, I’m going to punch your lights out. Ugh, you know I hate that stuff”.
    Kadian just smiled that odd smile and kept cranking.

Later, after dinner Molly said “That wasn’t half bad. What kind of meat did you say that was?”
    “I didn’t say” replied Kadian, “but Tharg-burger might be the new Kobe beef after I’m done”.

Molly retched.

Important Update

OK, I am calling time on the Friday night Drabble show, and though its a tough decision to take, its more based on time pressures at home and the changes (for the good) in my real life.

For a while now. it seems that drabbles are more frequently being written for the show, rather than the show being there for the drabbles as originally planned, I suspect from the changes of the game, old drabblers moving on to new games etc, various reasons, and we evolved or devovled into a very bizarre and wonderfully mental show, which I loved... but It's time to move with the times and make some changes to bring more fun to us all and REALLY nail that Friday night pub feel. I do not know how frequently the new show will be as I really want to make sure I do not overburden myself, but I am quite excited about it...so its not negative end really, not at all.... it's a nude beginning...

What I would love to do, is change my show to take advantage of our "Friday night at the Pub" feel that I enjoy. Less structure to the mid section and more games, open mic (for people who may have a drabble they want to share), all kinds of idea.

I could do with a little break to regain creative time to make things, so I would suggest we use this Friday as a celebration of drabbles, we will go through the drabbles from this week. And I would love people to let me know favourite drabbles to include.

I really want to thank all of you for keeping me company over the last 4 years ( I think), its been a ton of fun, and I hope you will rejoin me on relaunch when we open the pub.

I will check in here for any questions when I can, and thank you for giving me PROPPER Belly laughs over the drabble show's life.

Thanks and huge amount of love to you all for helping me through some of the darkest moments of my life, and being there to share so many giggles...and puns.... oh and hankey... Hace Irri?

Sounds like a ploy to get more sympathy votes...

Livery? I Wear It My Way (Goodbye Kow) - Frank Sayonara

And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final drabble
    My friends, I'll say it clear
    I'll make my case, of which I'll garble

I've lived a life that's full
    I've travelled most near every spaceway
    And more, much more than this
    I pew it my way

Regrets, I've had a poo
    Pardon me, pew pew I meant then
    I shot what I had to shoot
    And gave good pew without ejection

I planned each targets death
    Each laser blast along the broadside
    And more, much more than this
    I pew it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I consumed more than I could pew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I'd eat it up and shart it out

I faced it tall and I shoot all
    And pew it my way
    I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, like Moof I'm bruising

And now, as tears subside
    I find it all, all so amusing
    To think I killed all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way

Oh no, no, not me
    I pew it my way
    For what is man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then diddly-squat

To say the things he truly feels
    And not the words of one who keels
    The record shows I gave good blows
    And pew it my way

Yes, I pew my way

Cmdr Pseudonym : Tommy can you find it?

Tommy shook himself off, most of it landed on the windscreen
    that was the problem when you were the size of a house
    locating where the pi$$ was coming from was the first hurdle
    He'd tried the flour trick but had only succeded in creating a racist negative of Cmdr Simoof
    he rooted around under his folds finding a federation fighter that he picked out of his belly button
    finally he found the damp patch he was looking for
    he reached for the kleenex and placed his hand on something warm and soft
    a starving roman dwarf in full livery

The Drabble madness started April 2013, 278 polls, countless Drabbles.

I've enjoyed reading all of them.

Radiohead : What the hell were we doing here?

When we started this show
    We just went with the flow
    We always wrote drabble
    and not just for the show
    we wrote them on topic
    In a fantasy world
    And It used to be special
    Just so feckin' special
    But now it's shyte, Its appalling .
    What the feckk are we doing here?
    It's all total bullocks.

It's got too many sounds
    I want to hear the words
    I want a good giggle
    I want a better show
    I want you to relax
    and buy in a round
    it'll be feckin' special
    really so feckin special

But he's a spud, hes a tay-to
    He doesn't want to do this
    it's gone on to long here
    he's running out the door
    he's running out
    he run, run, run, run
    Run

So we want to make you happy
    you miserable c--ts
    You're all feckin' special
    So lets make this special

I'm asleep
    I am snoring
    What the hell was that feckin crap?
    It don't belong here
    It don't belong here

The wreck of the narrative ark

A turbulance in the universe.
    Letters shift and stir uneasily,tide wracked on the shoreline.
    Thunder rumbles as the heavens rent,jagged beams actinic split the dark.
    A plume of flame, tumbling across the firmament, illuminates cannisters, twisted and split,vomiting contents, dipping and bobbing in the spume laden waves.
    The surface of the roiling sea, littered with a moist carpet of half-scumbled words and phrases,hurls the sacred cargo once more against the rocky shore, some to shatter,others not.
    Storm subsided,each passing wave reforms the debris into ever changing patterns, now 'waypoint', now 'scoop', now 'undrabble this'.

Is just the show is going away or the whole shebang? If the contest is ending I am sorry to hear it but at least I won one before it all went away. It's too bad because IMO the contest has become an FDev Forum tradition.
    Personally I wasn't in it for the show, I only rarely tuned in even when my own drabbles were being read. I have been into the contest itself, it is my creative writing outlet.
    I like the 100 word limit and other constraints that make it a challenge. It would be great if the contest could continue, if someone would take up the responsibility of posting the poll each week and announcing the winner(s).

Bloody tyoical - the first time I submit an entry, it all gets shutdown!!

About right for my great sense of timing in general...