Page 203 of 204 FirstFirst ... 198201202203204 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3052

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

I still have the ability to erect polls. But I'm not going to be doing this thing of waiting late night on Thursdays to slip in a few final entries now that I've got a job with an early start in the mornings. I need my beauty sleep... gawd! do I need my beauty sleep.

I can keep the forum contest going but you're going to find me brutal with the 10:00 Thursday deadline. We'll see if we can keep the interest in it going without Kow's Krazy Gang's support.

Frank. keep it going and I'll chip in as often as I can remember to

Originally Posted by Spaceman Si View Post (Source)
    Bloody tyoical - the first time I submit an entry, it all gets shutdown!!

About right for my great sense of timing in general...
    The drabbles as a stream thing are ending simply because it's turned into a parody of itself and it's become a case of writing for the show instead of the show being about reading the drabbles

now if anyone wants to take the mantle of reading the drabbles out that's fine.

However it's not the end of Friday night entertainment and we have some ideas that involve your creative talent

It's more about making it more warm and welcoming, still nutty as hell and mildy offensive to some but more inclusive lose some of the in jokes and focus more on fun content.

Things like dockers shorts could be a thing, we thought about doing like a parody song section and really throwing the ball almost in an open mic kind of way for content.

So I guess its more if you've got an idea then post it or let me or kow know. Nothing is set in stone the over all idea is to make it as different every week as you want.

What it comes from is how on teamspeak in particualar the pre-show and post-show chat is sometimes better than the show itself.

Now what I don't want is to move towards playing more games, sure that should be a thing but not exclusively.

There are ideas floating around and we are as always open to any you have. but the whole idea is to keep it light hearted and community driven in terms of content.

If you need an idea in your head to what I personally imagine this to be (i can't speak for others) is like a saturday morning kids tv, where it can go anywhere but with just a little structure to help guide it along.

I do not remember if I have posted this here, before. It is not a drabble but makes for interesting reading. I appreciate constructive feedback, of course:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...58#post6808558

I'll be in Teamspeak tonight, same as (un)usual.
    If there's a Drabble show, then great, if not, it doesn't really matter - we'll have a chin wag and share some virtual beers... I am NOT sharing the ACM-Gin tho... That's ALL MINE - LOL!
    I agree with Kow and Simon that the show as it stands has probably run it's course. The last 4 years have been a blast and i look forward to whatever the future brings.
    What are the chances of doing a Christmas special, to go out with a bang?

ANd here, a little recap of the last drabble show...

Are docker shorts like cargo pants with a larger waistband and turn-ups?
    P.S. the recap made me laugh,embodying the spirit of the show.Were i not such a techno-dunce i should insert a thumbs-up.

Thanks for the votes.

Now that Kow's Drabble show has sadly ended, and there's going to be a big update to the game, this might be a good time for a bit of reflective nostalgia, so the topic this week is...

NOSTALGIA

You can enter a new Drabble if you want, but I'd like to encourage everyone to go back and read a few of the Drabbles we've done in the past, and paste one here for the competition. If you've never entered the competition because of all the hard work of writing a Drabble, then this is a good week to do it seeing as all the heavy work's already been done for you.

Ol' Koweyes is back.

I've got you under my guns.
    Iv'e taken out your powerplant
    Now for the rest of you.
    Out here there is little chance,
    For someone to rescue you.
    I've got you under my guns
    Under my guns,you cannot hope to win
    Evade as you want,
    You know that soon i am coming in,
    For the kill or the cargo,your choice,
    Before your blood chills,and you lose your fine voice,
    Know i've got you
    Under my guns.

Under my guns,
    That is the place for you,
    The cold sweat,parched mouth,salty tears
    Aimed at the heart of you

I'll unleash hell there can be no doubt
    If i dont see some cargo that's coming out
    Of your hold.
    Think on it, under my guns.

Under my guns,you cannot hope to win
    Evade as you want,
    You know that soon i am coming in
    As you wallow and squitter and squeal,
    I bet that you're glad that this game is not real
    'Cos ive got you under my guns.

==========================================================
    It's kind of mix and match but there's a song in there somewhere.
    Editor banjaxed.soz.

Well done Frank.
    Good idea.Although there must be quite a few,and picking favourites is gonna be difficult.But then again it usually is.I think the earlier works are going to be difficUlt to source,but i'll have a scout around.

Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Well done Frank.
    Good idea.Although there must be quite a few,and picking favourites is gonna be difficult.But then again it usually is.I think the earlier works are going to be difficUlt to source,but i'll have a scout around.
    Sir Tj-a-lot kept a list of the first 150 contests...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...D-IT-IS-DEADED

with just under 300 contests with an average of just over 10 Drabbles each contest, that's... <tries to work out the number in his head>... quite a few Drabbles to read. I don't expect you to find the best Drabble, just one that you think will win this week's contest.

...oh and only one entry per writer. We don't want this to become the Kathy show.

Yup - I'm very tired....

Might get one in this week (but not today)

16 hours = And i don't even work for Frontier

Good luck to all the Drabblers - Gonna miss the Twitch streams on a Friday night :-(

Plenty of time,fletchmwo.Forecast is for rollover and time to read, some of the excellent pieces submitted in the before times,what youngsters call 'ye olde days', if i'm still hip to the vibe.(see above frank's post above.And what with the 3.3 drop everyone struggling with binding issues,and learning all the new stuff.Fear not,Frankenmidden was the name of the creator,not the monster,and they'll see you right.