Page 205 of 206 First 201203204205206 Last
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3083

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

  1. #3061

    Jack of All Trades AKA No School Like The Old School

    Looking over the latest Faulcon DeLacy offering, with its slender body, its blue vectored thrust, its expansive cockpit view, it's hard not to reminisce fondly about the Cobra Mk III. That time-proven design, never the fastest, nor the most maneuverable, nor carrying the most firepower, still managed to carry thousands of commanders across the galaxy. Could it carry a fighter bay? No. Did it have large hardpoints? No. Was the cockpit as analog as could be? Absolutely. Lots of ships can do what the Cobra can do, but anything you want to do, you can do well in a Cobra.

  2. #3062
    Maybe it is time to start allowing multiple entries (up to 2 entries per writer), numbered (1 and 2) based on preference of prioritization for entry in case we get over 10. If 10 or more SINGLE entries (i.e.: from 10 different writers) are received, no "second" entries will be entered into the contest but, if more than 10 entries are received and there are "second" entries, some "second" entries must be dropped. One "second" story (or more) is chosen by dice-roll: https://www.random.org/dice/ to be dropped from the #2 entries until the number of entries is 10.

  3. #3063
    Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Maybe it is time to start allowing multiple entries (up to 2 entries per writer), numbered (1 and 2) based on preference of prioritization for entry in case we get over 10. If 10 or more SINGLE entries (i.e.: from 10 different writers) are received, no "second" entries will be entered into the contest but, if more than 10 entries are received and there are "second" entries, some "second" entries must be dropped. One "second" story (or more) is chosen by dice-roll: https://www.random.org/dice/ to be dropped from the #2 entries until the number of entries is 10.
    I had a look at the site,but it only goes up to 6.
    There is no limit to the number of submissions you can make to the drabble page. Currently in a fallow state regarding polls, and in the absence of the Abbrakadrabble twitchcast,we dont even need to be so formal in writing proto-drabbles.Finding the right 100 words is for competition,but i see no reason why good ideas should be rejected because they don't meet competition standards viz a viz word count.
    Of course,!00 words is the target,and if such can be achieved,so much the better,but many is the hour i have spent fine-tuning for competition only to abandon the idea at 99 or 107 when another topic comes along.
    Once the competition gets under way again,the normal rule of 1 entry per competitor should apply,imo.Unfortunately in the past,entries that have been clearly marked NOT FOR COMPETITION have not been as clearly marked as neccessary,resulting in substitutes being 'twitched' as well as,instead of instead of* 'original entry competitions.
    (*Kow is not the only one capable of semantic toture ,but at least he has the excuse of merely being the authors ' mouthpiece,I have no such defense.)

  4. #3064
    I'll stick up the poll on Thursday. The rule of one Drabble per contestant was really from the halcyon days when we were getting 20 entries every week. I see no reason why we shouldn't allow more than one entry. In fact we have done so a few times.

    Hopefully this week Lave Radio will give us a shout out, so we can get more than 6 entries.

  5. #3065
    Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    I'll stick up the poll on Thursday. The rule of one Drabble per contestant was really from the halcyon days when we were getting 20 entries every week. I see no reason why we shouldn't allow more than one entry. In fact we have done so a few times.Hopefully this week Lave Radio will give us a shout out, so we can get more than 6 entries.
    Would the scores be agreggated,to determine a final winner?
    Good news travels fast.

  6. #3066
    No. The scores wouldn't be aggregated. You're welcome to enter more than one Drabble but we don't want to make it impossible to win with only the one entry

  7. #3067

    Friends And Days Between

    Friends And Days Between

    CMDR Kadian relaxed in Hullabaloo Bar at Fowler Station sipping warm, flat ale and allowing himself the privilege of reminiscing about his past.
    Faces of old friends and crew mates drifted into and out of his awareness, the alcohol dulling their features and softening the voices speaking to him from within his memories.
    All gone, some dead in the black, some drifting away as his drinking and raving became more and more frequent.
    Friends and family all fading away and it was his fault, not theirs.

    He teetered out of the bar leaving a nearly full mug on the table.

  8. #3068
    Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    I see no reason why good ideas should be rejected because they don't meet competition standards viz a viz word count. Of course,!00 words is the target,and if such can be achieved,so much the better,but many is the hour i have spent fine-tuning for competition only to abandon the idea at 99 or 107 when another topic comes along.
    I like the exactly 100 word count. It allows a strict framework in which to be creative, as when composing a haiku.

  9. #3069
    Six haiku doth not a drabble make.

  10. #3070
    Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    Six haiku doth not a drabble make.
    Stories in a frame
    Are rhythmic and creative
    Not brain surgery

  11. #3071
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7339227'Gorrister'
    A nice sense of internal rythms (Eeek ! no vowels !!).

  12. #3072
    Originally Posted by phong View Post (Source)
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post7339227'Gorrister'
    A nice sense of internal rythms (Eeek ! no vowels !!).
    Counting syllables
    I see Gorrister has too many
    It's not about the count

  13. #3073
    The Drabble Contest poll will definitely go up tonight... so if you have an entry to get in you'd better be quick

  14. #3074

    Nostalgia:Gotta whole lot of ash aka the last word

    The modded pathway The USS Infraction slowly glided down to the pad. Commander Isaac Coxforaliving had always skirted around this villainous scumhole but had never had cause to visit. Securing his ship he stepped out and admired the Hollywank walk of shame. Neatly engraved brass plaque identified the infracted beneath a casting of their buttocks; all part of the having your presented to you ceremony. A few recognisable names: Alien, Kow... he could see a spot reserved; 'Winnard'. Two slabs lay side by side to accommodate his casting. Mods are much easier to find than engineers. Because they are a bunch of...

  15. #3075
    And so Phong gets in the last word.

    I'm putting up the poll now

    ...and it's up

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-280-NOSTALGIA