Page 201 of 204 FirstFirst ... 196199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3052

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Get the Dog Onions...

His mind jolted back to the present as Gin spilled over the glass and onto the coffee table.
    Pausing before finishing it in one long gulp.
    Drinking isn't for the unhappy, an unwelcome company to misery, but company it is, in a lonely universe.
    The word company brings it back along with the searing alcohol burn.
    Watching something grow, Grief is painfully real, regardless of its origin.
    Playing, feeding and enjoying that company.
    There's an everlasting bond that can't be broken by death.
    He made the next drink a toast to all that we've lost in life, and the small friends we've loved.

Cmdr Pseudonym : Always read the label...

The expletives flew out of Kows mouth. 'This is the third moon i've had to pull in behind in this supercruise alone'
    'well you will buy McThargoids every night it's going to have an effect on an already delicate system' Moof protested as his guts wrenched inside 'Do you have to do that?'
    'It's a moon, I'm not going to pancake my ship into it just because you have to go'
    'I'll pancake you in a second to the cockpit window if you keep flying like that'
    'Here quit your moaning and drink this'
    Moof took a gulp.. and died...

Mrs Hubbard would be ashamed.

Commander Chris Mankey sat looking at his glass. It was unusually empty.
    He looked in the cupboards - oh no. They were all empty too.
    He grabbed his dataslate and logged into Amazing.
    There was unlimited beers and wines and everything.
    No he fancied something stronger.
    Suddenly he remembered his typing was so bad not even the A.I. at amazing. could understand him.
    He'd need to try the voice ordering system. Stringing sounds resembling words he placed a priority order.

Two hours later a Taoistic Monk knocked at his door.
    "Who are you?" Mankey asked.
    "I'm the spiritualist chink you ordered."

Title: Hoe-kay – Letsh Doo Thish

By Fletch (aged 7 ¾)

Lavecon, Sol, July 2017

Would you like another whisky Fletch?

Dyonkt myund ifsh eyedoo – Frankshoo werry mush Crumbinder Wibble Boot. (hic)

So, you gonna join us going up that volcano next year?

Yearsh maytee – Furr shertunn – Sh’ fruggin eeeezzeee jobby. Ifsh Sheshill cundoo eet in dat silly skirt, shows cunn eye! (hic).

D’ya reckon we’re gonna make it to the top?

Naah Wobb - Eye frinks yerr awll gonna die horrrrribbleeee, but itsh gornah be fun furr ebbree-wunn to wotch itsh live orn Kow’s Tritch stweem. Demm charridees wheel earn mill-yuns from gweef shtrikkun donors. Mwahahahahaha

I call this one HA IM NOR HERE XD enjoy 😉

Draxx wants gin, do do, do do do do
    Draxx wants

Give her gin, do do, do do do do
    Give her gin

So much gin, Gin gin gin gin gin gin
    So much gin

Now she’s trashed, lol lol lol lol lol lol
    The end

I won yay I would like to say that I don't like any of you which is why this weeks topic is

Antipathy

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. Nick Kershaw is the real singer of 'Never Gonna Give You Up'

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize* ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules are most definitely fictional

*The Drabble Committee accept no responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst Kow Tipping

*Any prizes must be collected personally by the winners between the hours 02:00 and 05:00 from psykokow's locked house. The police may be called if psykokow deems you ineligible for the prize. However a bush and binoculars will be provided so you can keep a close watch to time your collection to perfection.

Don't Ever Tell Me the Odds

Listeri was so close to the metallic green Gunship coming opposite through the slot he could see the sneer of the purple-bearded man who didn't like the chance he was taking with his paintwork.

Listeri flipped his ship around inside the station and boosted back out of the slot, barrelled at full tilt into the back of the Gunship, firing every weapon he had until that ship was an expanding puff of plasma.

"Wow! You killed Purplebeard the Pirate. You must've thought his bounty was worth the risk of fighting close to the station."

Dodging station lasers, Listeri asked "Who?"

Sometimes, I feel I've got to, run away

"I'm not drunk enough", said Winnard.

"Well you look it" replied Simook.

"Wow! Offensive, just a bit. What's got your nappy in a twist?"

"I'm keeping carb free".

"Yeah? How's that going?"

"Well, it's better... meaty and fresh, though the after effect is like chutney dribble. Just one problem though".

"Oh..."

"Oh what?"

"What's the problem?"

"Oh that. Well, I was in the Barnard station canteen (you know the one near Sol in the spacey bit of the galaxy) when I ordered from The Dinner Ladies... "Give me some anti-pasti! Mmmm smelly!" (no carbs see) when she walloped me sideways".

Fiddling with the bits.

Smoof spat on it for lubrication he hated it never went in first time
    'awww com'mon ya bastid' smoof swore several times
    'you having trouble there mr smoof' cmdr swanky walked in holding a wrench
    'yeah it just won't fit into here. Actually now your here I have an idea'
    Smoof took hold of mr spankys hand and shoved it in the slot
    'just hold that there and I can get it in easier' Smoof spat on the slot as an extra precaution 'Here goes!'
    Cmdr Spanky jumped as 15 million volts cursed through his veins
    'oh don't insert wet'.....

That's the way,uh huh uhuh,i write 'em.

Oh really...That's very sad to hear... Is he going to be ok?...When is he coming out of hospital?...And when is he being released from prison?What do you think caused it?An argument about antepasta!...How?He said what???..uh huh...uh huh...Oh,d'you know what,you can stop right there,i don't want to know any more,i just don't have the energy,i give up with him.I've tried sympathy, apathy,i've even considered homeothapy,nothing seems to work,so i'm done with it all.It's just pathetic.Unlike this drabble.Which is awesome!Vote for it Now.

ENTRIES CLOSED!!

Join us tonight 7pm as we read through this weeks pickings!!!!

VOTE HERE https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-278-Antipathy

This week's was officially the worst drabble I've ever written

Woo! <punches air in victory>

I don't know about antipathy, but I think apathy may have had a hand in my win. Thank you to both of my voters. To keep up with last week's theme of words ending with "y" my choice of topic this week is...

LIVERY

Formic Acid

The squadron filed through the docking slot into the station. None of the ships were larger than a Vulture, each painted black and sported their decal of an ant.

A docker admired how efficiently they landed. "That's pretty neat flying. I like the name of the squadron 'The Black Ants'. It shows what a precision team of small fighters can do."

Washington smirked. "We used to be 'The Black Panthers'. There was a White South African pilot who must have taken exception to our skin colour. He gave us our new name before we blew him out of the aether."