Page 166 of 194 FirstFirst ... 161164165166167168171 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2909

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

No one was quite sure how old he was,although he seemed to have been around forever.But they knew it was a long time.And when one of them discovered,
    quite by accident,the date on which his nativity was celebrated,they thought it would be a nice gesture to throw him a birthday party .
    When the bikini clad entertainer jumped out of the cake and began to sing,however,they were startled by his reaction.
    'B..Bu..But you're dead!',he stammered,stumbling backwards in shock,his eyes wide in horror.' You've been dead a thousand years!'
    'Surprise,surprise!'

Oh I may have been a few hours late for this one, but have submitted a drabble nonetheless. No worries if it's too late to enter it officially

Emergency last minute entry:

Title: “Welcome Home to Simoof the Greatest explorer EVER”
    By Fletch – Aged 7 and
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Simoof was determined to do the largest data drop EVER!
    He had done the four corners of the galaxy. Like a Saint Andrews flag.
    That only took him 2 months, and it wasn’t enough. So he decided to do the “great circle” all around the Milky Way.
    Six months of jump, honk, scoop. Repeated ad-infenitum.
    Alvin threw a surprise “Welcome Home” party for him at Hutton, to celebrate.
    Unfortunately, he hadn’t installed a shower unit in his Asp to improve the jump range.
    There was an exclusion zone around Moof, and Alvin’s sense of smell finally returned after 3 weeks.

Thank you all for the votes.

My choice of topic for this week is a topic that is reverberating through the forums...

The Daily Grind

SURPRISE! Frank won ... again (I mean, really? You could have surprised me by changed your vote if you didn't vote for me, and voted for me instead ... oh well ...)
    And Frank has chosen this week's topic ...

The Daily Grind

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

The Daily Grind: A Hollywood Burns story

McGilveray, head of the Arts and entertainment section, and Holly (leisure & lifestyle) had fought running battles over pecking order,
    but he had to admire this latest gambit on her part to gain ascendancy in their private war.
    The tri-vid showed images of terror and destruction,smoke,flames and toppling buildings,death raining from the skies
    It must have cost the company a pretty penny to smuggle the potato in to the 'Funny Shaped Vegetable' competition on Mungo,
    what with it being banned throughout the sector due to it's propensity to cause offence.
    But that's Hollywood...anything for a story.

A Day in the Life (not for the contest)

Sid's fight with the Thargoid had been exhausting, and it wasn't over yet. He'd managed to splash acid on his hull. He thought of his options, and decided to run for a station.

He didn't reckon on the interdiction he then faced. "Sid!" yelled a familiar voice through the comms followed by a completely unfamiliar laugh.

"I had your wife as a bargaining chip, but with the state of your ship, killing you will be easy..."

...Bertha burst into the bar and glowered at her husband as he sheepishly entered.

Sven said "Sid, how was your day?"

"Same old routine."

Permit Collection, Unlocking the Galaxy

Honk, scoop, jump. She had been hauling Asp through the void for months. Or was it years? Time had a way of melting together when performing menial tasks. The only thing that kept her focused enough not to become a brief solar flare was the thought of what awaited her when she finally finished her mission. And it was almost done! More than a little wobbly, she crept through the mail slot of her destination. Landing couplers engaged. Load station services. Mission complete. The comms panel lit up; "Your reputation has changed to cordial". Only one hundred more to go!

With apologies to Frank Carson

George Lucas turned its attention to the Cobra docked in bay 17.
    The pale-skinned, ginger-haired pilot of the "Georgie Best" was talking to a cargo drone. George Lucas set aside an array tasked with deciphering the his accent for 10.753milliseconds then gave up.
    "I need these wee beauties on the daily grind shuttle," the pilot said. "Simoof is a wee spide, so he is. Catch yersel' oan, big man, I told him. The kilty-caul-bum was carryin' fifty tonnes o' Norn Iron Tayto an' he got lifted, so he did. Nae the feckin' eejit is haulin' Ulster Fry and I'm banjaxed."

Origin Story (for the contest)

"Mr Walker? Mr Johnny Walker?"

Johnny turned around to see a besuited man with a briefcase. "Yes. What do you want?"

"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. Your grandfather has died. He's left you a Cobra-Mk3 and 100 credits. He told me to tell you that if you work hard shipping cargo from one place to another avoiding pirates, and slowly building up your armaments, and occasionally swapping to bigger ships, you could one day eventually become an Elite Pilot just like him."

Johnny was already on his wristphone looking for the "We Buy Any Ship" website.

01 - phong - The Daily Grind: A Hollywood Burns story
    02 - BluWolve - Permit Collection, Unlocking the Galaxy
    03 - CdrTwisted - With apologies to Frank Carson
    04 - Frank - Origin Story

That's only four
    We could use a few more

Just post yer Drabble on this thread. I'll copy and paste them into a new thread with a poll at the end of Today.

The topic for this week is
    The Daily Grind

A pair of mincers

The daily grind ment something different at Simon's Simply Slave sausage
    The quality control was going down the line of slaves, casually humming a classic pink floyd track
    he stopped at a broad bunch of slaves. 'you, you and you. Put them in the hand picked pile'
    continuing down the line he pointed at a group of scrawny looking individuals 'those 5, stick them in the McThargoids pile'
    'The rest of you are standard sausage....wait...apart from you two' he pointed to two of the smelliest slaves he'd ever clasped eyes on.

Hankey and Midden were thrown on the discard pile

Title:- The Daily Cargo Run

"Ok, I got to get this done" said RoyalHankey
    "Load my cargo bay please".
    "Cargo bay loaded".
    RoyalHankey Jumps to the next system and lands at the station.
    "Shouts unload my cargo please"
    "Ok done Sir"
    Jump back to the original Station.
    "Cargo bay loaded".
    "Ok done Sir"
    Jump back to the original Station.
    "Cargo bay loaded".
    Done

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    "A meaty filling ... with gravy"
    Sven looked mystified, he couldn't also grasp the concept of pastry.
    "A ... pie?"
    "Yes, a pie, trust me, when cooked they are the best food on Earth."
    Simoof stood up "Hang on Sven, I've got this." Simoof left.
    "And people eat them? ... and ... pay ... to eat them?" Sven still couldn't grasp the concept.
    "Yes, and mash"
    "Mash?"
    "Creamy white potatoes"
    "po ... tay ... toes?"
    "you boil them, mash them stick them in a stew ... potatoes"
    A loud smelly blurrping noise erupted, and Simoof came back carrying something
    "I have sir's pies ... did you want creamy mash?"
    Title: The Day After 3.1459 Day

"So there I was, in the Thargoid n Fer-de-lance bar when this geezer was asking Sven for a pie!"

The processing line hadn't stopped, but now there was a loud grating and crunching sound

"And then out came Simoof from the women's bathrooms"
    "The women's bathrooms?"
    "Yeah I can't explain why either"

The grunt explaining rammed a large pole in to push the blockage through

"Then next thing I know, Sven bashed him on the head"
    "Sven?"
    "Yeah, I know, you'd never think it"
    "What was his name, this guy?
    "Hang on a mo"

picking up a name tag

"Winnard"