Page 178 of 200 FirstFirst ... 173176177178179180183 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3000

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

But Then Again, Too Few to Mention

Bert's copilot, Jake, was floating close by. "You know, I should never have insulted those pirates. They were in an engineered Corvette."

"Nah! They had it coming. Our T7 might've been a little rusty, but she didn't deserve what they called her."

Bert couldn't see Jake's expression through the spacesuit helmet, but he sounded upbeat. "You do know we're gonna die out here in outer space, because of what I said?"

"So what!?"

"You know I've never heard you say you've regretted anything in your life. We don't have much oxygen left..."

"Well... I once entered a stupid Drabble contest."

Sometimes there are ladders, sometimes there are snakes.

Months of hauling had given me the credits.
    And now a tax free CG.
    Docked in a High tech system I entered the shipyard.
    I could afford a cutter.
    If I stripped the internals I could fill it with cargo bays. No discovery scanner or fuel scoop.
    The goal had only minutes to run.
    Sell everything else.
    All I could think of was affording the cargo. Nearly 800 tonnes.
    No need for shields. No need for rebuy.
    One run would set me up for life.
    I think the python saw me leave.

Forewarned is Forearmed (aka It's only .22 LY to Glory and Riches)

The view of Earth was lovely from Abraham Lincoln station, and I enjoyed sitting in the lounge taking it all in. Finally, my break was over, and it was time to take on new work. I pulled up the missions available. Sightseeing to Sag A*? Too far. Mine 720 tons of palladium? Too much work, too many pirates. Oh, this delivery mission pays well, and it's just one system over. Easiest money I'll ever make! Minutes later as I was firing up the frame shift drive, a thought tickled the back of my brain: "Why does Hutton Orbital sound familiar?"

01 - Frank - But Then Again, Too Few to Mention
    02 - cleonymus - Sometimes there are ladders, sometimes there are snakes.
    03 - TheOriginalB - Forewarned is Forearmed (aka It's only .22 LY to Glory and Riches)

The amount of Drabbles this week doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The poll thread takes off at the end of today. If you don't enter a Drabble on it you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

The old man and the sea

He gently probed the soil testing its moisture content.Years of experience had taught him that these things could not be rushed,and he gently poked the last seed into the hollow,before scooping regolith back over it.When he fumbled at the empty seed bag at his side he realised his work was done. Later,sat in the cockpit on the bluffs sipping janx,he looked out over a moons-lit sea, watching the occasional plash as leviathans breached from the depths beneath a radiant canopy of stars. His only regret, he didn't have time to right a good drabble.

Regretful decision

Alvin and Simoof came back from trip to Earth on annual meeting of Cmdrs known also as Lavecon. They left the station under the protection of Cmdr Star-Lord_Prime.
    Report from that night was as follows: "CMDR Star-Lord_Prime managed to achieve the impossible. He single handedly not only drained the reserves of Gin, he made a party so big that nothing was left untouched in an hour. Cmdr Bret Riverboat tried to stop him but only responce he got was 'Screw you Rob'. Star-Lord_Prime himself was last seen screaming "I regret nothing!" in cubicle 3 before being flown down the airlock."

01 - Frank - But Then Again, Too Few to Mention
    02 - cleonymus - Sometimes there are ladders, sometimes there are snakes.
    03 - TheOriginalB - Forewarned is Forearmed (aka It's only .22 LY to Glory and Riches)
    04 - phong - The old man and the sea
    05 - Star-Lord_Prime - Regretful decision

5 Drabbles is great, but we could do with at least one more. I'll wait a bit longer before putting up the poll to see if there's a sixth

Sorry, I forgot. Now, could I write one in the time it takes for Frank to raise the poll

I DID IT! I DID IT!

Title: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

The biggest convention of the year was beginning. Well it wasn't the biggest but the organisers thought that sounded cool.

The crowd waited patiently, packed into the enormous auditorium of the Sledgebrick Hall, the greatest venue on the Planet Diso. A booming tap and a cough on the microphone announced the start of the event.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the galaxy's greatest convention. This weekend you will be entertained beyond all your senses with games, talk of games, and games. Now the bar might've already run out of beer, but they still have some Pernod and lots of Martini"

I'm away to put the poll up now

click the link to go there
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...est-256-Regret

Air raising.

“So we’re agreed - I’ll test the new suit out - you get the pre-loved piece.

“The stinking bug fest you mean.”

“We’ll swap half way so stop complaining.”

“You promise to swap?”

“We have a pact”.

“You promised and we’re half-way home. Something’s nibbling my leg and the coolant’s leaking. Switch over!”

“This suit enhances strength; you keep the Tesco’s suit.”

“We have a pact.”

“We had a pact - now I’ve got the best suit.”

“I can’t breathe - what have you done?”

“You chose the strength enhancing suit, but how will strength fill your empty lungs?”

“We had a pact!”

“Had.”

That's a great Drabble, but I'm afraid way too late for this week's context. At this late stage even Midden's amazing supermoderator powers can't squeeze it in... and it would've definitely have won if it had been entered in time.

I guess you're now regretful that you posted it so late.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    That's a great Drabble, but I'm afraid way too late for this week's context. At this late stage even Midden's amazing supermoderator powers can't squeeze it in... and it would've definitely have won if it had been entered in time.

I guess you're now regretful that you posted it so late.
    It'a best I don't add it to this week's contest as that way we can all confidently say that it is fantastic and would've definitely won if only it had been entered by Thursday night!

Come back and play again from Tomorrow once we know what the new topic is.

edit: Oh wait! I just realised that this was for the Lavecon drabble contest. I hope it found it's way there!

Oh boy and apparently the deadline was 11:00am!

Class and regret (aka It's An Acronym, Right?)

Since I think this week's topic, as announced in the polls, is "CLASS"...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Carnivorous Lifeforms and Surviving Supper", the manual was titled. "Water world beasts are not to be trifled with, especially not on the binary worlds of Musca Dark Region BQ-Y D134. We can estimate how many early explorers ended their expeditions there unexpectedly by counting the remains of different ships on the sea floors. Large beasts can chew up an Anaconda, devour an Asp whole for dessert, and floss its teeth with a Diamondback. Lavian Brandy and Centauri Gin have been found to be adequate numbing agents when consumption is unavoidable." No actual avoidance tips here? I want my money back.

THE RETURN OF THE DRABBLE POTATO!!!!!!

THIS WILL BE KOWS RETURN FROM HIS FITNESS AND REHAB DRABBLE SHOW SO GET THEM IN!!!!

In Kows absense the drabble show went on and on in the BGS that is the forums last week was won by PHONG and he picked

CLASS

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the (usually weekly) poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal and does have feelings)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.
    19. New Drabblers will be offered a complimentary Tuna Melt
    20. A reward is available for anyone finding Midden for Simoof.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional