Page 113 of 150 FirstFirst ... 103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2239

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

Called to the colours too soon...

Promotion in the field is the quickest path to advancement for the bold and ambitious.Few can equal the meteoric rise of Napolean Metalpants,who succeeded three commanding officers in the space of a single week,during the viciously intense fighting of what has come to be known as the Battle of Rocktopia.Of diminutive stature and forthright views,the frank little general was admired and respected by those with whom he served,whilst his enemies were observed to tremble at the very mention of his name,and parents frightened their children into obedience by threatening his imminent presence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Late substitution please.

Convention Time

Convention charters are one of my favourite jobs. The passengers spend their time in the convention centre so the crew get plenty of free time. We even get a free pass for the convention.
    You remember that kiddies show 'Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!'? The boss is a big fan of it . He's trying to get the full set of figurines, including all the colour variations. Maybe I can find the brown trouser Captain Metalpants he's looking for. But right now, the cute cosplayer, in the Edith, warrior princess outfit, want's to get to know me better.

I'm surprised a topic so uninteresting didn't get fewer entries.

And Frank stole my colour idea (and did it 100 times better than I could have).

So which one, do you think?

You're asking your competitors which Drabble you should enter? Well I think "Silent Running" is a pretty good Drabble so you should enter the other one...

...or am I just saying that to make you enter the other, other one <laughter echoes recursively down the corridor>

01 - Galactic Midden - When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed
    02 - JetsonRING - Silent Running
    ** - phong - *not an entry* Don't step on ma blues,Wade.
    03 - Listeri69 - Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..
    04 - Frank - Colour Me Bad
    05 - RoyalHankey - Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.
    06 - phong - Called to the colours too soon...
    07 - insanephoton - Convention Time

Time is running out. Frankly if you can't come up with a Drabble based around the topic of "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!" then there's no hope for you.

You've got a couple of hours left.

Originally Posted by Galactic Midden View Post (Source)
    Captain Metalpeniis stared at Edith with a disdain that could be felt across his bewbs. "You said you had a good name for the poop!"

"That's a great name" refarrted Edith

"Not for a female stripper choir! Mrs Jingles will go epilectic right into her blue rinsed bush if we perform aboard Bonkers with that name".

"Well, you'll be laughed off stage without it or something catchier; Galaxy Talent's a fierce kock".

"Maybe. Not my biggest problem anyway, that's our analstinger".

"Daphne! Why?"

"Erm, I discovered why she sucks deep baritone"

Edith nodded. "She needs to go, just her".
    Your drabble makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Simoof View Post (Source)
    I think you might be going to hell...

He should have known better. Zero G was unforgiving. There was nothing for it.
    Captain Metalpants would need to de-pant.
    He tried to remember what underwear he had put on that morning.
    "You had better hurry up. My patience is growing very thin!" The ambassador growled.
    "I am trying!! But seriously... you must get in to all sorts of bother. Especially through security checks."
    "This is not going well for your cause. You do realise that."
    Finally Captain Metalpants floated free from his binded trousers.
    "You can keep my dented pants! I have plenty more."
    Ambasador Magnodick was not amused.

Assault on Level Green

The exquisite stained-glass portrait of Arrrisa Lavigny-Duval exploded in a hurricane of flames, sharp edges and rock and roll as the Cobra troop transports burst through at three times the speed of sound.

Imperial guards scattered as the Star Pirates landed, blazing multi-cannon rounds from gyro-stabilised exo-suits as their ships pumped out the hard rock of carnal lust and anarchy screamed through a stratocaster.

Leading the advance, the chrome-legged leader of the renegade band signaled her troops: “Ok boys, let's be heroes”

The Imperials took her legs as punishment for her crimes, today wasn't about payback, they had innocents to save.

Time is knocking on a bit. I'm sorry if there are a few stragglers out there who just thought of a great Drabble about "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!". Just take consolation in the fact that you would have definitely won if you'd entered in time. And this time I mean that most sincerely.

No more entries beyond this post

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-moslty-Colour

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Time is knocking on a bit. I'm sorry if there are a few stragglers out there who just thought of a great Drabble about "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!". Just take consolation in the fact that you would have definitely won if you'd entered in time. And this time I mean that most sincerely.
    I'm going to be banned from picking topics from now on aren't I?

Originally Posted by Simoof View Post (Source)
    I am amazed the Universe did not turn inside out.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    You're asking your competitors which Drabble you should enter? Well I think "Silent Running" is a pretty good Drabble so you should enter the other one...
    ...or am I just saying that to make you enter the other, other one <laughter echoes recursively down the corridor>
    01 - Galactic Midden - When You Try Your Best But You Don't Succeed
    02 - JetsonRING - Silent Running
    ** - phong - *not an entry* Don't step on ma blues,Wade.
    03 - Listeri69 - Captain Metalpants and the blackface : A sad tale of poverty, desperation and rustling..
    04 - Frank - Colour Me Bad
    05 - RoyalHankey - Buyer beware, not all people are what you think they are.
    06 - phong - Called to the colours too soon...
    07 - insanephoton - Convention Time
    Time is running out. Frankly if you can't come up with a Drabble based around the topic of "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!" then there's no hope for you.
    You've got a couple of hours left.
    And if you don't get 10 entries? The other one gets in too?

I have really got to fix my avatar. Why do they all look constipated?

They can't ban you from setting topics if you continue to enter winning drabbles.
    And that decision rests in the hands of the electorate,such as it is.

The week before, we had a hung election, and we had to form a coalition to allow a Drabble show. Due to my incredible negotiating skills we ended up with the topic "Captain Metalpants and the Star Pirates of Rocktopia!"

After last week's snap election I now have a clear mandate for a Strong and Stable Drabble show. My advisers have told me that I need to thank the electorate and smile at them in a less than disdainful way, so thank you <disdainful grimace>

Frankly I'm surprised to find myself with a clear majority after my manifesto promises to enslave the young, slaughter the old and take their houses, bring back elephant hunting, and take candy away from babies. I guess the promise which got me elected was the one to come up with a sensible Drabble Topic. As with all politicians, I have decided to break my promises.

The topic this week is "Animal"

Some people have suggested that I'm not fit to run a Drabble show. I would like to say to them that this show will run for the normal duration. Entrants can post their stories of exactly 100 words onto this thread. On Thursday night those stories will be collated into a Drabble Poll, and Voting will run for 3 days until Sunday night. See below for the small print.

And here's the simple rules of the competition.

1. Drabbles must be 100 words exactly (Excluding the title)
    2. Over-use of-hyphens-to keep your word-count at 100 is very amusing but probably not a great idea.
    3. Keep it as clean as you can to suit the family forum rules here, so no frogs attached to anatomical parts.
    4. Only the first 20 entries are guaranteed a place in the weekly poll.
    5. 1 entry each, you may write as many drabbles as you want, but it is assumed that your first drabble is your chosen entry unless otherwise advised. But please mark Drabbles that you don't want entered as such.
    6. If your drabble is under or over 100 words you will have a chance to correct it before the poll is erected, at this point, your drabble may be DQ'd if other drabbles are available to take its place.
    7. Drabbles must be set in the Elite Dangerous universe (as loosely as you care to make it).
    8. It should try to meet the theme in some arguable way.
    9. If there is more than one theme you must match at least one, but can gain extra votes if you meet more.
    10. It's all for a bit of fun, so enjoy yourself... Enjoyment is mandatory!
    11. If you win, you get to submit next week's Drabble topic, so make sure you post it by 3pm GMT Monday. Or else chaos will ensue and who knows what will happen...
    12. You must big it up and get the Drabble Show over 100 viewers, that would be amazing.
    13. Every winner can be the owner of up to 1 abrakadrabble mug.
    14. No animals were harmed in the making of this series (Simoof is not an animal)
    15. If we get over 25 entries, the potato will host it nude.*
    16. The Title must also now be under 100 words (not including the title to the title)*
    17. Extra points for Kow-tipping.*
    18. Futuristic Kung Fu is not allowed to question the rules, change the rules or even know what the rules are.

Sometimes it's difficult to know what constitutes exactly 100 words. Our arbiter is
    www.wordcounter.net
    It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. Its count is the law.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.
    Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes if we have 20 entries earlier). All Drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will have a good chance of being read out on the live Drabble readiing show.

New winners each week now wins a prize ...

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
    Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
    Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
    http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
    http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
    OR Audio Versions available on
    Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
    and
    http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast

*some rules might be fictional

Page 113 of 150 FirstFirst ... 103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast