Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 135141142143144145
Results 2,161 to 2,168 of 2168

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread. (+shiny new forum)

I held the door open for phong, but that's it now slammed shut. Entries are now closed

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...st-226-Boobies

Originally Posted by Polygonal Spaceship View Post (Source)
    +1 to insanephoton - truly groan-worthy!

I think we've got some belters this week, and I'm looking forward to hearing Kow read 'em tomorrow. (Assuming he isn't under house arrest, while Wotherspoon takes to the airwaves to assure us that he and Mrs Kow are safe and well.)
    A good/bad pun cannot be denied. Though this one was a bit of a stealth one that I'm sure some people might miss.

Originally Posted by insanephoton View Post (Source)
    A good/bad pun cannot be denied. Though this one was a bit of a stealth one that I'm sure some people might miss.

http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/81/815C...ip-display.jpg
    They come in two flavours, blue-footed and red-footed. I think the red-footed ones taste best.

Originally Posted by Cmdr-Wotherspoon View Post (Source)
    They come in two flavours, blue-footed and red-footed. I think the red-footed ones taste best.
    Only 2 varieties? Shurely shome mishtake... </privateeye>

well,i've watched over 50 hours of video,and they're definitely not flat-earthers.

There are only two types of people in the world.. those that divide their boobies by the colour of their feet, and those that don't.

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    As much as Kow and I would love Cmdr Wotherspoon to host the show so we don't have to, I asked Kow earlier on FB and he's surprised at the coup attempt. His name isn't even Mugabe. SO I guess there is the usual mayhem of a drabble show ... IF Kow's PC hasn't melted from tonight's Hutton Orbital broadcast (and I did sneakily listen to the start, so Kow, don't think you're getting away with that tomorrow night )
    Mr Kow posted this on Facebook on the 14th: "The Drabble competition is open for another week". I read it totally literally, to mean that it was open for entries until at least the 21st.

Turns out it was an inadvertent terminological inexactitude. What he really meant was "The Drabble competition is open for another three days". I was just too dense to realise.

"Terminological inexactitude"... wasn't that phrase used in Parliament once, on the grounds that you can't call someone a liar without being censured for "unparliamentary language"?

On a totally unrelated topic - tonight is the BBC's annual Children in Need telethon, and it got me thinking. I notice from the Abraka Drabble website that Kow is a charity supporter, as I suspect many of us are. Has anyone ever discussed publishing an ebook/POD anthology of drabbles to raise money for one or more charities?

(It was done very successfully around 1993 for some Doctor Who-themed ones...)

Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 135141142143144145