Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6471727374
Results 1,096 to 1,106 of 1106

Thread: The brand new and shiny Official ABRAKA DRABBLE Thread.

A Drabble Explaining What's A Drabble?

A drabble is a short story of exactly one hundred words. If you only wrote ninety nine words or you wrote one hundred and one, it wouldn't be a drabble. Loosely based in the Elite Dangerous universe, not the Star Citizen universe or the No Man's Sky universe, as the forum we post the drabble entries on is Frontier's Elite Dangerous Community Creations forum, and set to a theme picked by the previous week's winner, so if you want to pick the theme, you need to win. Winning will also gain you a fancy Abraka Drabble white and blue mug.

"I do not think clams stop rusting" - Google Translate Sings Bohemian Rhapsody

Am I imagining things or did I win?

I'm on my phone at work and can't see the vote results page properly however a message from Edith the hut on the vote page suggests I might have won. If I have won my topic choice is

Alone in the dark

Of course if I haven't won please ignore my drivel (I'll check properly later when I can get to look at the vote page on a decent screen)

Originally Posted by Commander Sir Samuel Vimes View Post (Source)
    I'm on my phone at work and can't see the vote results page properly however a message from Edith the hut on the vote page suggests I might have won. If I have won my topic choice is

Alone in the dark

Of course if I haven't won please ignore my drivel (I'll check properly later when I can get to look at the vote page on a decent screen)
    I'm not talking drivel (although that is subjective) I found out how to get the full site up on my phone so I can confirm the subject is
    Alone in the dark

Happy drabbling folks (Kow if you read this I'll message you later regarding my mug)

Originally Posted by Commander Sir Samuel Vimes View Post (Source)
    I'm not talking drivel... Alone in the dark
    Congratulations to the Duke of Ankh. So: Alone in the dark. Alooone in the daaark.... That was a jolly good game, as I recall.

I'll be posting my submission sometime tonight whilst I play atl-tab simulator 2017 some more.

Explorer's End

In six hours the rescue ships would arrive. They would find Sam’s wrecked Cobra in a sunlit crater just as he’d described: cold, inoperable and dead.

In four hours the sun would crest the crater wall, vaporising accumulated ice, wiping the crater dry.

In two hours the batteries powering life support in Sam’s EVA suit would deplete, a few minutes later he would be dead. The next few hours were the last he’d ever have.

Character is what you are in the dark, so they say.

Sam stepped onto icy surface of the moon and began to build a snowman.

It's all he has left...

Tavenar ended his shift of manually sorting through the scrap heap that had become the Hutton Orbital Scrapyard.

He got back to his quarters, and silenced the lights.

All went dark, except for a small bedside lamp.

On the wall above said lamp: A ragged, aged propaganda poster stared at him.

"Join me!, and help the Empire prosper!"

It was all he had. His sole possession in his plight.

At this point Aislings portrait was burned into his memory. This was all he had left of his old life, this and memories, of a time in light and friendly company.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Just for reference; y'all can no longer complain that SuperMatty hasn't written anything!
    These Forums and this games communities are terrible places. Im out.

Outlander - This games shortcomings and glacial story pace and weird writing styles are my trigger subjects, ye be warned!

The Test

The Orcian places his hand upon the slick black surface and the ancient stone rises with a soft, low frequency whisper. Guardians? He'd never imagined the stories were true.

He gulps as the obelisk slowly obscures the only light from a dim distant star. An alcove appears. Within is a panel, markings unfamiliar.

He checks his decryptor, "You stand before a small building, surrounded by darkness. Light shines through the window.

>........................... //enter//"

The Orcian types a command, {enter building}

"You are inside the building, an eight petalled flower glows beside a manuscript and a feather."

{take flower}

"You will die..."
    Je suis Sidewinder - Image credit Cmdr Moozipan - p.s. have you tried ABRAKA DRABBLE?

The Practical Joke

"Not funny Jerry! Turn the light back on!"

..."Jerry! Come on! I know it's all my fault. I should never have entered this abandoned ground station with a man-child who's bored to tears."

..."Damn you Jerry! Not funny! How the hell did I end up in the salvage business with someone so infantile? You win! I'm scared! Please turn the light on?"

Jerry knew how to press Tim's buttons. He knew about his fear of the dark, and despite all Tim's pleading he was never going to switch that lantern back on. Not now that he was a half-digested corpse.

Rule (1) of Fighter Club is "We do not talk about Fight Club"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...18#post4688218

The meter maiden

Joost awoke to the pounding on the door.
    Still groggy from lack of sleep,he stumbled through the gloom, mumbling to himself as he groped for the keypad,thumping it once when it failed to activate,then moving across to the manual access bypass.
    The hatchway soughed open, juddering to a halt after a couple of inches.
    Lit only by the dim glow from the emergency lights in the corridor he saw Mildred,hand outstetched in an unmistakeable gesture.
    Still bleary,he dropped a five-cred piece into her cupped palm.
    "Thanks," she said "you'll get it back when we land"

Alone in the Dark: Stranger Feelings

Finally. Peace confirmed his solidarity.
    It wouldn't last long so he'd need to move fast to take advantage of this rare moment.
    He fired up the huge visual display turning the sound down. He'd need to be able to hear if anyone was returning. It was all about the visuals anyway. Sound and story - so weak and laughable.
    Snacks lay within reach all around him. He turned the lights off too. Even he was slightly disgusted at what he was about to do, he did not want to see.
    Alone in the dark, he double-clicked on the Space Citizen icon.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6471727374