Page 2058 of 2917 FirstFirst ... 20482054205520562057205820592060206120622068 ... LastLast
Results 30,856 to 30,870 of 43753

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v5

Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    Meanwhile over at the Theatre Of Dreams...... Star Marine is deemed to be a bit too easy by one Citizen.
    For hardcore fps players SM player average skill level can be low, because a lot of backers expected to play space sim, not standart fps game...

20-25yo fps gamer who played all latest fps will own 40+ guy who probably last time played CS 1.5-1.6 back in 2001 or newer seriously played any fps...

SM probably is like SQ42 - game mode that majority of backers did not asked...

A non story that diverted attention about 2.6 released in extremis yet incomplete, that diverted attention about the painfully mediocre holiday livestream, that diverted attention about no signs of Squadron42 progress, that diverted attention about 3.0 slated for 2016, that diverted attention about the yearly faked tech demo that diverted attention about the previous yearly tech demo yet to be seen in game, that diverted attention....

And so on until you reach the first unicorn, after that it's turtles all the way down.

I have 8 accounts. With my first account I forgot to add a referral and since CIG doesn't allow it to be added after the fact I scrapped it (no money spent). My second account is my main account. All the others were my pledges to get a free Gladius. TONS of people do this. I'd guess that there are not even one million real backers.
    At 10 referrals you get a free Gladius. So instead of adding money to my account, I would create a new account with my base referral code, add $45 to it with a base package and gift it to myself after 30 days. I already had 4 real referrals so doing this 6 more times I reached 10, the required amount to get a Gladius for free. Along the way I also got some guns, a fish tank, a greycat buggy and some gold ship models. This is definitely the way to go if you plan on adding $500 or more to an account.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...lion_citizens/

No comment.

Is anything about this 'thing' straightforward?

Considering there was free try weekend, etc. etc. But we have gone trough this already.

We have over 1 million alts who you can pretend you're going to interact with whilst you're pretending to be a citizen! Join us now and make some more!

The thousands of NPC's will all have a backstory in which they backed Star Citizen.

Reddit tries to guess when 3.0 will really be out...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ng_i_think_so/

Get popcorn.

Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    The thousands of NPC's will all have a backstory in which they backed Star Citizen.
    This gets my lulzbucket of the day

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by DLewth View Post (Source)
    Reddit tries to guess when 3.0 will really be out...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...ng_i_think_so/

Get popcorn.
    Have to say those guys keep being real, I like that. I don't see much "this will definitely come out in Q1" in those posts.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Orlando View Post (Source)
    Lol VR support hasn't been dropped lol as a matter of fact the engine just got updated with even more VR compability...

I don't get why people want to make stuff up, what's the point?

Star Citizen is in active development , we already have 1st & 3rd Person animations integrated, we have visual stabilization, we have the head detached from the body and diegetic user interface.

Complaining about lack of Track IR, VR and what not is not understanding game development priorities.

Star Citizen was never announced as VR Game, just that they would support it, it will come in due time.
    Ahh more fake news, I love when CR ride the unicorn, "the Amazone" Engine will save SC, there are always something new to "save" the day, however it's the same incompetent people running the show, but keep dreaming, it's for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    This gets my lulzbucket of the day

- - - Updated - - -

Have to say those guys keep being real, I like that. I don't see much "this will definitely come out in Q1" in those posts.
    These days I'm playing WatchDogs 2, great graphics, great NPC's, very immersive game, SC will not even come close, however that also bring me to ED and how FD will do it in the future?

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    These days I'm playing WatchDogs 2, great graphics, great NPC's, very immersive game, SC will not even come close, however that also bring me to ED and how FD will do it in the future?
    Ohhh yes, I am very curious how FD will do this in future too. There are some parts of DDF which covers it and despite what we might think of DDF as whole, I suspect FD will borrow lot of those ideas. However it is harder than I thought - hearing how they struggle with missions during recent streams. I still hope true second tier NPCs aka contacts get fleshed out more - in fact I want it way more than space legs.

It will most likely won't be as such level as story driven open world games. But I am very curious and excited what FD could do with good PG. Because you can do a lot.

Returning back to topic - I am still very positively curious to see how SC will handle this. NPC mechanics are sometimes what makes or brakes game and development on this are interesting in any game.

Originally Posted by Lysander lysan View Post (Source)
    however that also bring me to ED and how FD will do it in the future?
    well.. most probably... as usual.. very basic, very simplistic, very one dimensional, very buggy, very boring, very limited and very underwhelming, and david will be very very excited because the team has done a wonderful job, and they will promise the myriad of bugs and design mistakes will be fixed soon which means somewhere from 2 years to never... all that for another 60$ payed up front

Originally Posted by Jools View Post (Source)
    well.. most probably... as usual.. very basic, very simplistic, very one dimensional, very buggy, very boring, very limited and very underwhelming, and david will be very very excited because the team has done a wonderful job, and they will promise the myriad of bugs and design mistakes will be fixed soon which means somewhere from 2 years to never... all that for another 60$ payed up front
    An it will still be 1000x better than whatever CIG/RSI will ever release...

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    CIG don't have to release anything...in gamers minds everything will be perfect because it won't clash with reality

Also Jools, I don't think you understand what 'very basic' really means.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    who knows... with cig its more of the case of "if ever"... but that does not make ED any better in itself

@frostypaw
    Yep, don`t own horizons yet, i might buy it when its finished and if i find it good value. I wish others were like that though, which actually brings us back to SC topic and lets finish it at that

Page 2058 of 2917 FirstFirst ... 20482054205520562057205820592060206120622068 ... LastLast