Page 2544 of 2771 FirstFirst ... 25342540254125422543254425452546254725482554 ... LastLast
Results 38,146 to 38,160 of 41556

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v5

Originally Posted by jmg View Post (Source)
    Well-said.
    Exactly. And if I become the greatest astronaut ever that would definitely show my former highschool teachers! Its almost like a classic football-movie. Except that in this movie the team with the most funding would eventually win the trophy. Which isnt much of an epic comeback when you think of it. And thats the best outcome at this time. The 'best realistic outcome' is 'highest funded football team didnt get demoted to the amateur league'...

Originally Posted by Zyll Goliath View Post (Source)
    CIG has announced its intention to drop DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 support completely in favour of building the entire game with the Vulkan graphics API!!!Whoa...I was under impression that CIG just want to add support for vulkan but it seems that they actually ditches Dx11&Dx12 support totally in favour to the Vulkan api......
    Makes sense. Duke Nukem Forever went from a CPU software renderer through 3Dfx Glide and OpenGL before it got finally released for DirectX GPUs. Keeping up to date with the times is important.
    English is not my native language, please excuse possible misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    else I would try to burn Rolan along with the other white knights I have on ignore.

I expect it not to be literal! I like fire but not that much !
    Hardcore fan-hater
    'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!'

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Makes sense. Duke Nukem Forever went from a CPU software renderer through 3Dfx Glide and OpenGL before it got finally released for DirectX GPUs. Keeping up to date with the times is important.
    Plus, once they've refactored the entire render pipeline, they can simply flip a switch and the linux version will pop out. Or something.

Originally Posted by McGlashan View Post (Source)
    Plus, once they've refactored the entire render pipeline, they can simply flip a switch and the linux version will pop out. Or something.
    Meh... no one cares about Linux :-)

RIG (AKA, "BFC"):
    ​ 10 core Intel 6950x OC @ 4.5ghz, stock voltage // 2x Water Cooled Titan X (Pascal) in SLI //Corsair Dominator 32g ddr4 3200//Samsung 1tb M.2 drive//KRAKEN x62, Dual EVGA GPU water coolers//BeQuiet 1200//Northgate Omnimac Ultra Keyboard//Corsair 900d case//Flux Capactor
    Time Spy: 17,986Fire Strike Ultra: 14,300
    Fire Strike Extreme: 23,780

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    How do you feel about never ?.
    I feel it's a possibility.
    Horizons for macOS Sierra. Possible or not?

This Week in Star Citizen
    March 20th, 2017

The hardest part of this each week is figuring out how to start these. How was your weekend? Mine was good. Thanks for asking. Let’s get to what’s coming this week, shall we?

Today’s Citizens of the Stars features Head Honcho of our Austin Studio John Erskine in the Quantum Questions hotseat, and a highlight on Mr. Hasgaha and his continuing work leading the pack in Star Citizen screenshots.

Wednesday brings us a Banu-themed Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Is this the time we finally find out where the Banu homeworld is?! The answer is no. Sorry, I don’t know where I was going there. I’m not the hype guy.

Thursday of course is Around the Verse day, where you’ll always find the latest in Star Citizen development news. This week’s show cycles back around to another LA Studio Update, and I hear there’s more things in there than you can shake a cutlass at. Did I do that right? I hope I wasn’t too subtle.

Then to close out the week, Happy Hour cycles back to our next Gamedev-themed episode. This week, instead of creating a creature live on broadcast, Technical Designer Calix Reneau will try his hand at creating a first-pass game mechanic from scratch for inclusion in the game. What will that mechanic be? There’s a hint in last week’s ATV…

Coming up next week, keep an eye out for our next Subscriber’s Town Hall on Tuesday with members of the team at Turbulent where they’ll discuss everything from Spectrum to the launcher and more.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse.

Jared Huckaby
    Community Manager
    Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha
    Hardcore fan-hater
    'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!'

Originally Posted by Rolan View Post (Source)
    This Week in Star Citizen
    March 20th, 2017

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha
    banu-themed lore day... sounds awesome, can't wait for that.

RIG (AKA, "BFC"):
    ​ 10 core Intel 6950x OC @ 4.5ghz, stock voltage // 2x Water Cooled Titan X (Pascal) in SLI //Corsair Dominator 32g ddr4 3200//Samsung 1tb M.2 drive//KRAKEN x62, Dual EVGA GPU water coolers//BeQuiet 1200//Northgate Omnimac Ultra Keyboard//Corsair 900d case//Flux Capactor
    Time Spy: 17,986Fire Strike Ultra: 14,300
    Fire Strike Extreme: 23,780

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I still have my $35 pre-KickStarter pledge. I'm not interested in all the nonsense, I'm only interested in when version 1.0 drops.
    I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but your contribution never went into making the game. It was spent on the big bag of doughnuts that was used to humiliate Ben.

Thanks anyway.
    Crobber

Originally Posted by jmg View Post (Source)
    banu-themed lore day... sounds awesome, can't wait for that.
    Indeed

Originally Posted by Rolan View Post (Source)

I expect it not to be literal! I like fire but not that much !
    Please don't set Rolan on fire...

If you burn Rolan, we'll all have go to RSI or Reddit for updates on what Clown Imperium have this week...
    So, don't do that.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu Raxxla wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I have to admit, I'm utterly weirded out by how SC has kept on trucking on in a clearly dysfunctional and transient development cycle, delivered nothing but scripted visuals and some small sandbox envs, and people still have faith. Psychology huh... It seems to me that they need to get rid of the heads of development and management and get someone that understands the need for compromise and delivery of a product, get people playing SOMETHING and follow the FDev lead of adding to a more reasonable expectation... IMO of course.

Star Citizen: So early in development that the scope hasn't been fully determined yet...

Scope not determined, and budget apparently infinite...

Any chance of a link, to put it in context?

Elite Dangerous, otherwise known as the No Man’s Sky that’s actually good, or the Star Citizen that’s actually out... (Forbes Magazine)

Page 2544 of 2771 FirstFirst ... 25342540254125422543254425452546254725482554 ... LastLast