Page 2543 of 2912 FirstFirst ... 25332539254025412542254325442545254625472553 ... LastLast
Results 38,131 to 38,145 of 43672

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v5

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    How do you feel about never ?.
    Eeh, I wouldn't rush things, man...

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(

Originally Posted by jmg View Post (Source)
    Well-said.
    Not going to happen though is it.

I mean, there's wishful thinking, then there is trying to say with a straight face that Chris Roberts is actually capable enough to lead such a venture to any hint of what Star Citizen has been hyped up to be.

And that just isn't likely to happen.

Not unless you were prepared to give him the sort of budget NASA enjoyed during the Space Race era....

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)

The ED forum often gets bashed for being a biased cesspool of SC-haters where a pro-SC attitude immediatly gets you banned and is labled an "echo-chamber". I can only conclude that this is either intended misinformation (if you are a fanatical pro-SC backer you dont want outsiders to read the ED forums, it brings up too many questions which cannot be answered in a good way you know) or simple cluelessness because what I see is an evironment where everybody can have his/her say without being censored or personally attacked as long as he/she is abiding the forum rules. Mocking is present and people regularly get too much into an argument and start to lose their cool because of it but the moderators so far have made a great job to rail these runaways back in. And as far as I can remember temp bans have hit everybody regardless of faction because its based on firm rules not allegiance. Its just funny that they seem to hit white knights more then the rest which underlines the qualities inherit in the SC crowd for the most part. Deviate from these qualities sadly makes you an exception and minority rather then the norm. The ED forum is the exact opposite IMO.
    Also well-said, but I will add some temperament to your statement. I'd say I'm slightly right of neutral in my support of SC-- I'm no phan-boy, but I'm certainly no hater. Each. and. Every. Time. I've posted anything remotely positive about the game, it's met with pretty vapid opposition-- which usually results in several people getting temporarily banned (usually myself included). without doubt, some of my posts were on the wrong side of baiting, and I'd be hard-pressed to say otherwise. But not all, not by a longshot. I would not say that this is a "biased cesspool of SC-haters" --actually a pretty decent bunch of guys in here -- but it certainly isn't a neutral, open-thought forum, and certainly is not a place "discuss your other favourite Science Fiction games".

And, I did give you and upvote :-)
    RIG: 6950x/ custom water loop// 2x Titan (XPs) //1tb M.2 drive/Northgate Omnimac Ultra/Corsair 900d case/Flux Capacitor/Time Spy: 17,986Fire Strike Ultra: 14,398 Fire Strike Extreme: 23,780

I've not seen anyone get banned recently.... we have been being good.

But I've seen quite a bit of frantic hope-casting full of unbridled optimism that CIG will change the laws of the universe to make their ideas work, then some pretty silly reactions when this is pointed out
    Time is Linear, Memory is a Stranger, History's for Fools...

Originally Posted by Insignificant_The_Galaxy_Cat View Post (Source)
    Ho boy... here's a beaut of a post from SA forum regular "MinorInconvenience" who claims that he or she is in fact a corporate bankruptcy attorney with a masters in business and a decade of experience in the role... And what they say should be very, VERY worrying for those still pinning their hopes on Chris Roberts being able to deliver the "BDSSE!"

If that person was really a bankruptcy attorney with a masters in business, he'd be smart enough to let his arguments win rather than trying to let his title sway anyone (which it does not). More likely, he's at best a bored second year law student with too much time on his hands because he didn't make it into any summer program. But that's just a guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    I've not seen anyone get banned recently.... we have been being good.
    HA!

But I've seen quite a bit of frantic hope-casting full of unbridled optimism that CIG will change the laws of the universe to make their ideas work, then some pretty silly reactions when this is pointed out
    Not from me. but when that does happen, even I would likely feel obligated to point it out. nicely.
    RIG: 6950x/ custom water loop// 2x Titan (XPs) //1tb M.2 drive/Northgate Omnimac Ultra/Corsair 900d case/Flux Capacitor/Time Spy: 17,986Fire Strike Ultra: 14,398 Fire Strike Extreme: 23,780

Originally Posted by Insignificant_The_Galaxy_Cat View Post (Source)
    Not going to happen though is it.
    It's very very unlikely but it's possibly possible.

The thing is as potentially "epic told you so's" go, it's not really all that epic.

Theorycrafted post from the future :

"Wow, they made the game and it's great I've bought it and enjoy playing the BDSSE, I'm pleased about this because I like space-games. I never thought they could do it because they missed all those dates, showed no real progress and behaved terribly. I still don't understand how they could be so good at game-development whilst being so terrible at demonstrating that, but I'm glad I was wrong. Have you tried the latest season for Elite Dangerous ?, there's a bug where the NPC's become self aware and seize control of your domestic appliances some deaths were involved but Emperor Trump has stopped news broadcasting again so it's hard to get details, please send food. I miss tree's.

Citizen Stigbob European American Protectorate fallout zone 3 political deviant internment facility 9".

FDEV's official advice on dealing with griefing :
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...efing-(part-2)

Originally Posted by jmg View Post (Source)
    Well-said.
    Exactly. And if I become the greatest astronaut ever that would definitely show my former highschool teachers! Its almost like a classic football-movie. Except that in this movie the team with the most funding would eventually win the trophy. Which isnt much of an epic comeback when you think of it. And thats the best outcome at this time. The 'best realistic outcome' is 'highest funded football team didnt get demoted to the amateur league'...

Originally Posted by Zyll Goliath View Post (Source)
    CIG has announced its intention to drop DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 support completely in favour of building the entire game with the Vulkan graphics API!!!Whoa...I was under impression that CIG just want to add support for vulkan but it seems that they actually ditches Dx11&Dx12 support totally in favour to the Vulkan api......
    Makes sense. Duke Nukem Forever went from a CPU software renderer through 3Dfx Glide and OpenGL before it got finally released for DirectX GPUs. Keeping up to date with the times is important.
    English is not my native language, please excuse possible misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by MTBFritz View Post (Source)
    else I would try to burn Rolan along with the other white knights I have on ignore.

I expect it not to be literal! I like fire but not that much !
    Hardcore fan-hater
    'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!'

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Makes sense. Duke Nukem Forever went from a CPU software renderer through 3Dfx Glide and OpenGL before it got finally released for DirectX GPUs. Keeping up to date with the times is important.
    Plus, once they've refactored the entire render pipeline, they can simply flip a switch and the linux version will pop out. Or something.

Originally Posted by McGlashan View Post (Source)
    Plus, once they've refactored the entire render pipeline, they can simply flip a switch and the linux version will pop out. Or something.
    Meh... no one cares about Linux :-)

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    How do you feel about never ?.
    I feel it's a possibility.

This Week in Star Citizen
    March 20th, 2017

The hardest part of this each week is figuring out how to start these. How was your weekend? Mine was good. Thanks for asking. Let’s get to what’s coming this week, shall we?

Today’s Citizens of the Stars features Head Honcho of our Austin Studio John Erskine in the Quantum Questions hotseat, and a highlight on Mr. Hasgaha and his continuing work leading the pack in Star Citizen screenshots.

Wednesday brings us a Banu-themed Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Is this the time we finally find out where the Banu homeworld is?! The answer is no. Sorry, I don’t know where I was going there. I’m not the hype guy.

Thursday of course is Around the Verse day, where you’ll always find the latest in Star Citizen development news. This week’s show cycles back around to another LA Studio Update, and I hear there’s more things in there than you can shake a cutlass at. Did I do that right? I hope I wasn’t too subtle.

Then to close out the week, Happy Hour cycles back to our next Gamedev-themed episode. This week, instead of creating a creature live on broadcast, Technical Designer Calix Reneau will try his hand at creating a first-pass game mechanic from scratch for inclusion in the game. What will that mechanic be? There’s a hint in last week’s ATV…

Coming up next week, keep an eye out for our next Subscriber’s Town Hall on Tuesday with members of the team at Turbulent where they’ll discuss everything from Spectrum to the launcher and more.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse.

Jared Huckaby
    Community Manager
    Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha
    Hardcore fan-hater
    'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!'

Originally Posted by Rolan View Post (Source)
    This Week in Star Citizen
    March 20th, 2017

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...n-Star-Citizen

Star Citizen: Citizen of the Stars - John Erskine & Mr. Hasgaha
    banu-themed lore day... sounds awesome, can't wait for that.

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    I still have my $35 pre-KickStarter pledge. I'm not interested in all the nonsense, I'm only interested in when version 1.0 drops.
    I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but your contribution never went into making the game. It was spent on the big bag of doughnuts that was used to humiliate Ben.

Thanks anyway.
    Crobber

Page 2543 of 2912 FirstFirst ... 25332539254025412542254325442545254625472553 ... LastLast