Page 2880 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 287028762877287828792880
Results 43,186 to 43,195 of 43195

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v5

  1. #43186
    Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post (Source)
    Yes I'm very interested in what your holding back there Derek (for now).
    heh yeah. Sadly, when sources tell you what you can|cannot release, you have to respect that - or no more sources

    Some people wonder why I have been 100% adamant and certain that this project was FUBAR; despite all the warning signs I've predicted and shown since July 2015. It's been a slow burn E.L.E. But not much longer now. One thing I can promise, is like with death, you never know what form it will take. But I know - and I can tell you that - it's amazing and will be like they detonated a nuclear bomb in the middle of the community.

    Anyone who still has money in this, or who keeps giving them money, will only have themselves to blame.

  2. #43187
    Originally Posted by dsmart View Post (Source)
    heh yeah. Sadly, when sources tell you what you can|cannot release, you have to respect that - or no more sources

    Some people wonder why I have been 100% adamant and certain that this project was FUBAR; despite all the warning signs I've predicted and shown since July 2015. It's been a slow burn E.L.E. But not much longer now. One thing I can promise, is like with death, you never know what form it will take. But I know - and I can tell you that - it's amazing and will be like they detonated a nuclear bomb in the middle of the community.

    Anyone who still has money in this, or who keeps giving them money, will only have themselves to blame.
    Thanks for the heads up, but...

    Aren't you opening yourself up for a lawsuit? If they fail they could blame it on you for scaremongering? I realise you may be telling the truth. Not that I think CiG would lawsuit you, cause they'd be spending backer money to do it. Nonetheless...
    Only 4 images. ; )

  3. #43188
    Originally Posted by Thargon View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the heads up, but...

    Aren't you opening yourself up for a lawsuit? If they fail they could blame it on you for scaremongering? I realise you may be telling the truth. Not that I think CiG would lawsuit you, cause they'd be spending backer money to do it. Nonetheless...
    I have no doubt at all that when this does go the way of the Dodo be it slowly in the form of a rubbish MVP or quickly in whatever form that may take, Mr Smart will feature very heavily in any "contrite apologies" that Crobbler makes after the fact.
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/jg_baller/Mobile%20Uploads/v6O39h3_zpseb33634d.png

  4. #43189
    That's just it though.

    Without CIG really putting their heads down and grinding out the groundwork to put gameplay mechanics on top of - there's simply not even going to be an "MVP".

    Years of handwaving and talking about "fidelity" and various roles for all the lovely jpeg space chariots to perform - but they have no way of implementing any of them. Everything so far has been a build up to an event, a disappointing show, ship sales, and more ship sales.

    Their entire game is still at the concept stage
    Drunks of Sol, Drunks of Sol, drunken spaceships full of lol

  5. #43190
    Originally Posted by Thargon View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the heads up, but...

    Aren't you opening yourself up for a lawsuit? If they fail they could blame it on you for scaremongering? I realise you may be telling the truth. Not that I think CiG would lawsuit you, cause they'd be spending backer money to do it. Nonetheless...
    After Chris Roberts spent eight hours writing a reply to the escapist that named Dr Smart twenty four times despite him not featuring in the story ?, no he's laughing because CIG flung poop at him first publicly via the media arguably triggering all the hate Derek's been receiving ever since.

    If you pick a fight and lose, you don't automatically become the victim you are just an idiot who picked a foolish fight.


  6. #43191
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    That's just it though.

    Without CIG really putting their heads down and grinding out the groundwork to put gameplay mechanics on top of - there's simply not even going to be an "MVP".

    Years of handwaving and talking about "fidelity" and various roles for all the lovely jpeg space chariots to perform - but they have no way of implementing any of them. Everything so far has been a build up to an event, a disappointing show, ship sales, and more ship sales.

    Their entire game is still at the concept stage
    Oh I completely agree. Any MVP he maybe releases as "the product" will be rubbish, disjointed, buggy nonsense with the caveat from crobbler that if people continue to support him it will magically get better over time. It'll be caned to an inch of its life by reviews and die slowly and painfully. BUT as far as crobbler will be concerned....he will have delivered and then blame all round him as to why it failed.
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/jg_baller/Mobile%20Uploads/v6O39h3_zpseb33634d.png

  7. #43192
    Originally Posted by Thargon View Post (Source)

    Aren't you opening yourself up for a lawsuit? If they fail they could blame it on you for scaremongering? I realise you may be telling the truth. Not that I think CiG would lawsuit you, cause they'd be spending backer money to do it. Nonetheless...
    Seriously? If it only takes one guy shouting loudly to derail a $150m project then there has to be serious problems with that project. You can't blame the guy pointing out the problems.

    I personally don't agree with everything Derek posts, and CIG are free to ignore his posts and produce the game they promised.

    If they get so upset about DS's posts that they can't produce the game then that is on CIG, Not the guy pointing out the problems.

    CIG could counter all DS's arguments by releasing quality content in a timely manner, but they choose to string this farce out for as long as they can, 'cos JPEGS and dreams = cash.

  8. #43193
    Originally Posted by Marak View Post (Source)
    Seriously? If it only takes one guy shouting loudly to derail a $150m project then there has to be serious problems with that project. You can't blame the guy pointing out the problems.

    I personally don't agree with everything Derek posts, and CIG are free to ignore his posts and produce the game they promised.

    If they get so upset about DS's posts that they can't produce the game then that is on CIG, Not the guy pointing out the problems.

    CIG could counter all DS's arguments by releasing quality content in a timely manner, but they choose to string this farce out for as long as they can, 'cos JPEGS and dreams = cash.
    Yeah I agree. Just wanted to look out for Mr. Smart. Don't want him to 'overextend' and get punished more for it.

    Quality content in a timely manner. In the same sentence as CIG Seriously?!!! My lulzbuckets overflow.
    Only 4 images. ; )

  9. #43194
    Originally Posted by Thargon View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the heads up, but...

    Aren't you opening yourself up for a lawsuit? If they fail they could blame it on you for scaremongering? I realise you may be telling the truth. Not that I think CiG would lawsuit you, cause they'd be spending backer money to do it. Nonetheless...
    Never heard of a case going to court for scaremongering. Libel yes, defamation, yes, scaremongering no.

  10. #43195
    Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Never heard of a case going to court for scaremongering. Libel yes, defamation, yes, scaremongering no.
    Fair enough, good point
    Only 4 images. ; )

Page 2880 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 287028762877287828792880