Page 2870 of 2870 FirstFirst ... 286028662867286828692870
Results 43,036 to 43,048 of 43048

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Star Citizen Thread v5

Originally Posted by Neo-ST View Post (Source)
    Top comments are usually also relentless too
    LOL - true. Don't they have a ship class called "Relentless"? If not, it would be a fitting name for an expensive JPEG.....

Originally Posted by Stormprooter View Post (Source)
    LOL - true. Don't they have a ship class called "Relentless"? If not, it would be a fitting name for an expensive JPEG.....
    I think one of these might be more fitting.

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    You can pick up cargo but it won't fit through a docking collar?
    As pointless as I think manually re-arranging your cargo would be, limiting it from certain doorways due to its size isn't far-fetched. Edit: if you mean larger size implies greater weight, I'd hope there will be some zero-g gameplay onboard the ship.
    Injured combatants are envisioned as being moved to safety in another ship when they bleed out in 5 seconds?
    Surely this is just for "relief" style missions and the injured would be NPCs. No one is planning on playing a game where you lie on a stretcher for some amount of time until the doctor can see you, right?
    CIG want in-air refueling???
    *ahem*fuel-rats are awesome*ahem*
    They envision moving items inside ships via EVA?
    Lol. Well. Ok, once again people at CIG seem to be using words they don't understand. Although, I think I missed the reference you're reading. I saw them say you'd have to EVA sick and injured from ship to ship precisely because the ships will no longer be able to connect. A shame that the feature is dropped, one of my favorite things to do in Hellion is link up to other structures and ships with the docking collar and move them around. That certainly doesn't make Hellion sound very exciting, does it? Well it is, and that part in particular is satisfying and the whole process can be fun.

By the way, do we just love how ethereal comments from devs are in the amazing spectrum? Dev said something important regarding the long-term future of the game, better screenshot and archive it yourself because it'll be gone soon. Contradict themselves and they've got a greater than 50/50 chance of completely getting away with it. Get caught and the screenshot could always be accused of doctoring. Only unassailable individuals can stand a chance of being taken seriously.

Also I hate reading text in pictures.

Originally Posted by CmdrKull View Post (Source)
    No one is planning on playing a game where you lie on a stretcher for some amount of time until the doctor can see you, right?
    are you sure? the fanboys are already willing to get jailed by bounty hunters due to pirating.

Originally Posted by CmdrKull View Post (Source)
    No one is planning on playing a game where you lie on a stretcher for some amount of time until the doctor can see you, right?
    We're in a forum of a game, where you have to literally wait for a counter until you can stick that engineered module stored in some other station to the ship you want/need it on, in the station you're currently located in.

Both is forced "roleplay".

To answer that question, if that's what the mechanic is, yes people are going to. Elite's community has literally begged to have a similar mechanic introduced. And they are going to fiercely defend it as realistic, balanced, consistent with the game's rules, universe, lore, the very reason the game is to be considered a simulation transcending the other quick, instant gratification gaming junk of these days etc.. Essentially whatever ridiculous enough reason they can come up with to make it look sensible and paint everybody unhappy with the mechanic as a CoD insta gratification kiddy etc. etc..
    I kill Gandalf! - Igor, Dork Tower

Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    We're in a forum of a game, where you have to literally wait for a counter, until you can stick that engineered module stored in some other station to the ship you want/need it on, in the station you're currently located in.

Both is forced "roleplay".

To answer that question, if that's what the mechanic is, yes people are going to. Elite's community has literally begged to have a similar mechanic introduced. And they are going to fiercely defend it as realistic, balanced, consistent with the game's rules, universe, lore, or naturalistic, if they can't come up with reason ridiculous enough.
    I'd argue that you don't have to wait in Elite, you could always run some missions or do a bit of bounty hunting, salvaging, commodity collection etc. It doesn't actually halt your gameplay unless you decide that you can't do x until module y arrives and that's more of a self-enforcement than a game enforced system.

If what people are saying about stretchers and jails is true then that means you cannot do anything even if you wanted to.

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    I'd argue that you don't have to wait in Elite, you could always run some missions or do a bit of bounty hunting, salvaging, commodity collection etc. It doesn't actually halt your gameplay unless you decide that you can't do x until module y arrives and that's more of a self-enforcement than a game enforced system.

If what people are saying about stretchers and jails is true then that means you cannot do anything even if you wanted to.
    Heck, not just virtual stretchers and jails, multicrew on sc is already a consensual jail system in itself

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.c...-Your-Spacemen

Imagine following a distress beacon to a downed pilot floating in space. You put on your EVA outfit, vent your atmosphere and exit your ship to rescue them. Pulling the player aboard, you find they’ve taken a laser blast to the arm, or a mass driver to the chest. Here, the FPS healing mechanic again takes place and you must stabilize them for the trip to a hospital facility.

Unless you are carrying that hospital facility with you! A number of Star Citizen ships have already been revealed to have medical bays onboard or as options and more are in the works. There’s even a large dedicated hospital ship in the fourth wave of ship designs, which will allow even more player recovery (and which will possibly even act as a mobile respawn spot for not-quite-permadead Citizens.)
    "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life, probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

"She's a beautiful ship. Shapely, seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out." --Captain Zapp Brannigan

While it's perfectly proper and correct to knock SC's empty network promises, stuff like Improbable's SpatialOS (used in World's Adrift) and Crackdown 3 show that we're on the verge of server based persistent world's with proper physical interactions.

Improbable's stuff is very interesting to read about and Cracksdown's demo is brilliant.

I'd fully expect AWS to provide a similar service at some point, hooked into Lumberyard.

Can't​ see it coming soon enough to help SC out of the corner its painted itself into though!

FD's level of fidelity knows no bounds!

"Yeah man, had a great game last night! I was shot and was prone on the floor. Bleeding to death, man i could see every single blood cell as it came out. Awesome. So, i had to wait 15-20 mins until a medic logged on and could get to me, so then he spent 10 minutes patching me up, and dragged my now unconcius and drugged body to his ship, at least that's what he told me over Spectrum, i couldn't see anything of course, my toon was unconcious. Anyway, he flew me to a hospital and i was put there under sedation"

"Wow man, awesome. So what next?"

"Well, nothing next of course. My character is in hospital now for the next week. Occasionally he opens his eyes so i can see something. At least i'm in a bed, so i can log out. Imagine that, if i had been left lying on the floor with nobody to rescue me, so no bed and not being able to log out! Haha"

"Hah, yeah, really glad we supported CIGs decision to let us only log out when in safe locations or beds"

"Yeah, so, erm.... just a bit of a lose end at the moment. CIG say i can pay for a premium doctor who will get me out of hospital quicker, but its like $100 for that. Not sure i can stretch to it after mortgaging the house."

"You not sold a kidney yet then? I got good money for mine!"

"Bob, that was your second kidney"

"Oh... damn, didn't think about that. Tell my guild they can have my credits!" (dies)

------------------------------------------------------

OR

What is more likely to happen with the start of that story.

"Yeah man, had a great game last night! I was shot and was prone on the floor. Bleeding to death, man i could see every single blood cell as it came out. Awesome. Well, for a while anyway. I sent out a distress call for a medic. This guy turns up, strips me of my gear, teabags me, and then steals my ship."

"Oh, yeah, that was me, totally did it to harvest your salt."

"My character was left lying there for 6 hours before he beld to death!"

"LOL, it was me who shot you as well. Visit us on saltytears.rip loser and learn how to git gud!"
    Je suis Sidewinder (Credit for image goes to Moozipan)

"Yeah man, had a great game last night! I was shot and was prone on the floor. Bleeding to death, man i could see every single blood cell as it came out. Awesome. Well, for a while anyway. I sent out a distress call for a medic. I couldnt do anything on my own at all so after looking at my static screen for 5 minutes I got bored and just terminated the game to play something fun"

This seems more plausible....

Posted on SA, funny how history repeats.
    "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life, probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

"She's a beautiful ship. Shapely, seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out." --Captain Zapp Brannigan

Page 2870 of 2870 FirstFirst ... 286028662867286828692870