Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Dust Buster: the space dust removal mod

  1. #61
    Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? I have non steam ED and i used mod i downloaded from front page. I removed ShaderFixes\5f5a888d3052e017-ps_replace.txt but particles still are missing from normal cruise. So no matter what i remove there are particles missing. In supercruise this is perfect but, in normal flight vector indicators are actually useful. I prefer normal indicator instead of starfield but better than none.
    No speedlines and no starfield? LOVING IT!

    Nevermind i messed up.

  2. #62
    Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    I tried installing it the other day, and experienced this too. I am using a Rift. Did anyone work out how to avoid the crash?
    I would love to know if anyone has this working with their Rift now.

    I installed it the other day (with modified file to add more dust) since I fly FA off. I was playing 2d and it was great!!

    Tried my Rift last night and couldn't get past the preview window opening, instant crash at the Frontier logo.

    I would love for this to work in VR.

  3. #63
    Hmmm can't get this to work at all with the latest update. Anyone else having issues?

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by Saool View Post (Source)
    Hmmm can't get this to work at all with the latest update. Anyone else having issues?
    I just tried it; still works fine.

    I'm fairly confident that there won't be an ED update that will break this mod. They'd have to do some major changes to the graphics engine to break it (or specifically target it). There is no real reason to do those sorts of changes. It would have to an update be as big as the walking around mode to break it... that might come one day, maybe.

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by ledpup View Post (Source)
    I just tried it; still works fine.

    I'm fairly confident that there won't be an ED update that will break this mod. They'd have to do some major changes to the graphics engine to break it (or specifically target it). There is no real reason to do those sorts of changes. It would have to an update be as big as the walking around mode to break it... that might come one day, maybe.

    Maybe I am just doing it wrong.

    My understanding is that your just copy all the files from the zip into the correct directory, which is:

    .../EDLaunch/Prodducts/elite-deangerous-64/

    Is the correct?

  6. #66
    Yes I was doing it wrong. Sorted now.

  7. #67

    Dust mod with Rift not working

    Originally Posted by Minglewood View Post (Source)
    I would love to know if anyone has this working with their Rift now.

    I installed it the other day (with modified file to add more dust) since I fly FA off. I was playing 2d and it was great!!

    Tried my Rift last night and couldn't get past the preview window opening, instant crash at the Frontier logo.

    I would love for this to work in VR.

    Just adding to this question as I have found the same thing after upgrading to 2.4. Crashes to desktop for me too and would really like to get this mod working again.
    You don't realize how much of a difference it makes until you are stuck with wiping all the dust from your windshield in super cruise.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345