Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharmaceutical Isolators

Missions are always good but for Pharma Isolators but I found USS faster. I will fly vertically to the planet orbit lines up and down passing the sun. I fly out 500 ls turn and fly back 500 ls in the other direction. Encoded will show for me regularly. I tend to fly into degraded as well as it seems I get more encoded if I use degraded USS as well but this could also be just perception. I get about 5-8 PI in about 30 minutes. Cannot get those in that time with missions.

Originally Posted by Andragon View Post (Source)
    Missions are always good but for Pharma Isolators but I found USS faster. I will fly vertically to the planet orbit lines up and down passing the sun. I fly out 500 ls turn and fly back 500 ls in the other direction. Encoded will show for me regularly. I tend to fly into degraded as well as it seems I get more encoded if I use degraded USS as well but this could also be just perception. I get about 5-8 PI in about 30 minutes. Cannot get those in that time with missions.
    you get a new spawn of USS everytime you switch instances, so jumping into degraded more often = more often chance of encoded - at least that's what i think.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    you get a new spawn of USS everytime you switch instances, so jumping into degraded more often = more often chance of encoded - at least that's what i think.
    Exactly my thoughts .....

I have not seen a single isolator yet. 3rd day of about 10 hours a day. im in v711 tauri which has a faction in outbreak. I move out of 500ls from the sun or other bodies. enter degraded emission USS's lots but only get regular stuff..chemical processors, worn shield emitters etc. I must be doing something wrong here.

I am parked my ship for some time now. Seems like it's total waste of time at the moment - FD won't alter the game for until 3-4 weeks most likely, so I'll pass.

Same mission rewards mats, same mats dropping out of ships - feels like you've hit a wall. Won't touch this until time comes.

Just noticed that Achenar was in outbreak state, headed there to see what I can see w.r.t. Pharmaceutical drops.

Below are my notes written as I went straight into this post. Times are in game time.

Drop in: 12:52
    Proceed to 1K to 2K 'above' ecliptic. The following pic was taken a bit later (right before the big score) but shows what I mean.

USS 1: Occupied escape pod: 12;54
    USS 2: 4 Biowaste containers 00:02
    Inderdicted by Deadly DBX: 00:08
    USS 3: Tons of scrap and limpets 00:13
    USS 4: Crash with rescue NPCs, escape pods and survey caches + black box 00:16
    USS 5: Another crash with rescue NPCs, same cannister as before 00:19
    USS 6: 2 Pharmaceutical Isolators 00:21

Still checking. Turning back toward sun, but cruising slowly

USS 7: random canisters and grid resistors 00:26
    USS 8: 3 Biowaste canisters 00:28
    USS 9: Data beacon specialized legacy firmware, mechanical equipment, conductive components, heat conductive wiring 00:30
    USS 10: Another NPC rescue event, lots of random cannisters 00:35 (took longer since I stopped to scoop the previous bits)

Break time, ordering Pizza. Couple of points. There is something to the idea of hunting for USSes above (or below, same thing) the ecliptic. Once I got 500Ls or so away I pretty much only saw USSes and I saw one about once every 3 minutes or so. Some of that was just typing here in real time as I dropped into each USS and waiting for FSD to spool back up to jump out.

Back in game (waiting for pizza) 00:45
    Interdicted by Deadly FAS (that kind of hurt): 00:47 waiting for shields to recharge
    USS 11: Another rescue NPC event, log of random canisters 00:56 (took a while to show up)
    USS 12: Encoded emissions JACKPOT, 4 Pharmaceuticals 01:00

6 Pharmaceutical Isolators in just over an hour including 2 interdictions and brief break to order pizzza.

Time for pizza, beer and GoT finale with my wife, pics in a bit.

Ok back at it: going to try and get a few more. Have to make a pitstop to re-arm and repair first: 02:40
    USS 13: Another rescue, lots of escape pods. 02:42 (never made it to Jones Dock)
    USS 14: Random cannisters and a salvaged alloys 02:45 (Still on way to Jones Dock)
    Docked, repaired and re-armed, headed back to search point 02:50
    (seeing numerous convoy, shots fired, distress call and other type POIs as I leave the ecliptic)
    USS 15: Random canisters + hybrid capacitor and heat dispersion plate which I'd run out of 02:54
    USS 16: Encoded emissions, 2 imperial shielding this time (oh well) 02:59
    Interdicted by Elite Annaconda, time to bounce. 03:03 Suspect I'm not good enough to take on an elite annaconda in this ship and not willing to find out.

Back in Achenar returning to search point 03:06
    USS 17: (two other USSes appeared but none were encoded so I took the first one) another rescue event 03:08
    USS 18: Data beacon and random materials 03:11
    USS 19: Random canisters and common materials 03:14
    USS 20: Dead Annaconda, with random canisters and materials 03:17
    USS 21: Private data beacon, random materials and a cobra that decided to drop in after threatening me, couple of handy materials like conductive components 03:20
    USS XX: Ignored in favor of encoded that popped up 03:27
    USS 22: Encoded emission, 3 more imperial shielding 03:28
    USS XX Ignored in favor of encoded 03:32
    USS 23: Encoded emission, good choice, 2 more Pharmaceuticals 03:33

That's a good stopping point, roughly 2 hours of searching. 8 Pharmaceuticals, 5 imperial shielding, and some random other useful materials.

After a slight delay I'm on the hunt again, I shall report back on my success (or lack of.)

Picked a random outbreak system just now and found 6 in an hour by cruising around...

Originally Posted by Mikey2305 View Post (Source)
    Picked a random outbreak system just now and found 6 in an hour by cruising around...
    Which system did you go?

Erm not sure and not at the PC right now... It was next to ibootis and was a load of numbers. Had about 5 instances and two were succesful. Two i got in an encoded zero and 4 from a hauler in a weaponfire number one. I suspect that these rares are in the type of economy/state and for me at least it was working as intended!

Originally Posted by Mikey2305 View Post (Source)
    Erm not sure and not at the PC right now... It was next to ibootis and was a load of numbers. Had about 5 instances and two were succesful. Two i got in an encoded zero and 4 from a hauler in a weaponfire number one. I suspect that these rares are in the type of economy/state and for me at least it was working as intended!
    Thank you. Will try it. I search on galmap and could not find a single system on outbreak. Then I checked for it in EDDB and went there and still could not get it

Originally Posted by Belthize View Post (Source)
    snip[/SPOILER]
    Excellent information, thank you for the detail!

No luck in Achenar, I've been to about 10 encoded and 15 degraded USS sites although there were medical related items in some of them (prog. cells, corpses) showing that the outbreak state is influencing the spawns.

I shall soldier on for a little while longer though.

Originally Posted by AlPilg View Post (Source)
    No luck in Achenar, I've been to about 10 encoded and 15 degraded USS sites although there were medical related items in some of them (prog. cells, corpses) showing that the outbreak state is influencing the spawns.

I shall soldier on for a little while longer though.
    You're a touch late. According to the galmap its state is now "None" rather than "Outbreak". I'm looking for another now.
    Edit: Wasenensei is in outbreak.

They don't stay in outbreak long because you can make a killing hauling basic medicines from a neighboring system so once they pop up quite a few people probably start hauling in medicine (which is pretty cool IMO). I was pulling in 2.4K/Ton for a one hop trade the other day.

Awwwww yeahhh. Thanks for tip mate.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast