Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to efficiently approach engineering

Tagging this for **to read later**. Thanks for the guide!

This needs to be sticked and not just as part of the other stickies..

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    This needs to be sticked and not just as part of the other stickies..
    Mods have a personal appreciation of what's worth sticking...

+rep
    Basically an answer also to Obsidian Ant's latest video.
    I'm following these ideas for the last 2 weeks, and I'm enjoying it. The grade 3 mods are already very nice (FSD, drive tuning, shield + shields booster mods), and help a lot with surviving any NPC encounter, even the Elite ones. I can even take on some of the high level NPCs without really risking my ship.

Originally Posted by TheTick View Post (Source)
    +rep
    Basically an answer also to Obsidian Ant's latest video.
    I'm following these ideas for the last 2 weeks, and I'm enjoying it. The grade 3 mods are already very nice (FSD, drive tuning, shield + shields booster mods), and help a lot with surviving any NPC encounter, even the Elite ones. I can even take on some of the high level NPCs without really risking my ship.
    Is it me or Obsidian Ant isn't aware of the community's tools and help threads?

Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    Is it me or Obsidian Ant isn't aware of the community's tools and help threads?
    In his defense I don't see how folks (including you) contribute all they do, play the game and avoid starving by having a job.

I've actually been kind of remiss, quite a few things I've been meaning to add to the post but I keep saying, "in an hour, couple more loads of basic medicines to that outbreak system, oh look a 1.5M CR base assault mission, I'll do that too, hmm a modular terminal mission, guess I'll snag that too, I still really need to do that tip off mission and look more into Ilo's USS thread ... SQUIRREL" and before I know it a few days have passed.

Originally Posted by Belthize View Post (Source)
    In his defense I don't see how folks (including you) contribute all they do, play the game and avoid starving by having a job.
    Simple: no family and I play when I can... Not I'm too excited about ED these days, soooo

But I meant, I don't catch him advising people to look up this app, that tool, etc. Not that it fixes anything in the game, but that's a temporary solution at least.

Great post, very constructive and very useful to avoid the grind.
    +rep to the OP.

What's the best way to obtain multiple specialized legacy firmwares? I'm going crazy.

Originally Posted by Quineloe View Post (Source)
    What's the best way to obtain multiple specialized legacy firmwares? I'm going crazy.
    Either check mission rewards for one or hit USSes, particularly the Encoded type.

The best way to find Encoded USSes that I know of is to go to systems that have Earth Like planets. Circle around close to them and you'll get Encoded Threat 0 USSes which are satellites. These typically drop multiple data types. This dramatically increases your chances since you get 2 (or more) per target and they're a semi-predicatble spawn. I say semi predictable since I've had to wait many minutes for one to spawn, other types I'll get one after many seconds.

2 hours
    3 in 2 hours isn't too horribly bad. Guessing by mars in the background you were doing the satellite hunt ?

two hours of watching TV because all I did was wait for the right USS to show up is an incredible waste of time and incredibly boring gameplay.

that was 90 minutes of achieving absolutely nothing, followed by luck.

two hours of watching TV because all I did was wait for the right USS to show up is an incredible waste of time and incredibly boring gameplay.

And exactly that is the problem. Would it have been two hours of interesting and engaging gameplay, most of the voices here would silence immediately.
    (Yes, some forum warriors would go on forever, but that's a minority. )

Fine, you asked the best way, I told you, you found them. There's 143 threads over there ----> for discussing RNG and grind. I have my opinions on the topic too but this isn't the thread for it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast