Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 674

Thread: EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

  1. #31
    Hi have a very functional working Alpha, does anyone want to do some dedicated testing?

    It's quite hard testing it without being able to run the game

    Pm me if you're interested.

    In case you want to see where I'm up to, the non-greyed out bits are functional (but need testing), the rest is WIP:

  2. #32
    Looks like a very handy tool

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Hi have a very functional working Alpha, does anyone want to do some dedicated testing?

    It's quite hard testing it without being able to run the game

    Pm me if you're interested.

    In case you want to see where I'm up to, the non-greyed out bits are functional (but need testing), the rest is WIP:
    It looks very interesting. Out of interest what is the difference between super sampling and HMD pixel density? And is Pixel density for Oculus only or can the Vive also do it? (I saw it was in some steam vr patch notes but never appeared).

  4. #34
    Good effort mate.

    but just for yours and everyone else's info, the old EDDS tool does still work 100%, you just need to apply this quick one time manual fix

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-image-freeze

    still, I am grateful for your efforts and happy to help test as needed (GTX 1080, DK2)

  5. #35
    BETA TESTERS PLEASE APPLY (send me a pm)

    Originally Posted by subsy View Post (Source)
    Good effort mate.

    but just for yours and everyone else's info, the old EDDS tool does still work 100%, you just need to apply this quick one time manual fix

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-image-freeze

    still, I am grateful for your efforts and happy to help test as needed (GTX 1080, DK2)
    Good to know! I've sent you a pm.

    Originally Posted by stumblingdrunk View Post (Source)
    It looks very interesting. Out of interest what is the difference between super sampling and HMD pixel density? And is Pixel density for Oculus only or can the Vive also do it? (I saw it was in some steam vr patch notes but never appeared).
    Not 100% sure, I can't run the game at the moment. I think that's the HMD quality slider. Need testers to check everything

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    BETA TESTERS PLEASE APPLY (send me a pm)



    Good to know! I've sent you a pm.



    Not 100% sure, I can't run the game at the moment. I think that's the HMD quality slider. Need testers to check everything
    Yes its the HMD Quality Slider

    1. Donated: 87F03860XY935964P

    2. Testing spreadsheet uploaded here: http://cloud.sle.pt/1kvxr

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by subsy View Post (Source)
    Yes its the HMD Quality Slider

    1. Donated: 87F03860XY935964P

    2. Testing spreadsheet uploaded here: http://cloud.sle.pt/1kvxr
    1. Thanks!!!
    2. Awesome. Just went through it. So glad it seems to be working fine.

  8. #38
    Thanks to extensive testing by SUBSY, the open beta is now ready. It seems 100% working and bug free to me, but would take a bit more fiddling and stress testing to know for sure. See the OP for more details!
    It's currently set to check for updates each time you run. Once out of the beta it will be once every 7 days.
    If you don't wanna take part in the open beta, then check back mid-week. It will be fully released by then

    Download here: http://bit.ly/EDProfiler (please don't share the non-shortened link as I am using it to track how many downloads )

    Ignore the warnings, they just don't like .exes

  9. #39
    Bump, thanks to Dr Kaii for putting the hours into making this neat and very useful tool - much more comprehensive than the old EDDS tool - a worthy heir

  10. #40
    Thanks! Also, anyone who has already downloaded and installed the beta, please close the program, delete the My Documents\EDProfiler\Defaults folder and reinstall the program

    Last time you will have to do that, I promise.

    (the VR Default and 2D Default profiles were set to some whacky values, I have made them normal. You can change those - when selected, hit the Save button and it saves the selected Default profile)

  11. #41
    3440 x 1440 is missing from the list of resolutions. Thanks. This tool looks to be just what I need. Will have a longer play tomorrow probably.

  12. #42
    Ok I will add it in the next update. Note, you can manually edit that field and put in your own resolutions
    Just make sure there is an x between them, it can handle spaces or no spaces.

    If someone could give me the exact location of the installation folder (with the elite .exe) for the Steam and Oculus Home versions of the game, I can add the "default profiles" for low, medium, high etc. for those guys too

  13. #43
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Ok I will add it in the next update. Note, you can manually edit that field and put in your own resolutions
    Just make sure there is an x between them, it can handle spaces or no spaces.

    If someone could give me the exact location of the installation folder (with the elite .exe) for the Steam and Oculus Home versions of the game, I can add the "default profiles" for low, medium, high etc. for those guys too
    Ignore this, I have just added functionality for adding that yourself if it can't be detected.

    If someone can locate the setting that toggles the cursor settings, please let me know. With that integrated, I'll go full release.

    It is ready otherwise! Gamma version released

  14. #44
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Thanks! Also, anyone who has already downloaded and installed the beta, please close the program, delete the My Documents\EDProfiler\Defaults folder and reinstall the program

    Last time you will have to do that, I promise.

    (the VR Default and 2D Default profiles were set to some whacky values, I have made them normal. You can change those - when selected, hit the Save button and it saves the selected Default profile)
    Are you going to move to a self contained solution? Really don't like tools wanting files outside of their own folder. EG. These files should be in the same folder as the tool.
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

    • i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •


  15. #45
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Ignore this, I have just added functionality for adding that yourself if it can't be detected.

    If someone can locate the setting that toggles the cursor settings, please let me know. With that integrated, I'll go full release.

    It is ready otherwise! Gamma version released
    All sorted now I take it - cant find any issues with the latest build

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast