Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 720

Thread: EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

  1. #661
    I have just started using EDProfiles and it is a useful app, thanks drkaii.

    I have one question. Each time I launch ED from the 2D Settings profile it also starts up steam VR, even though I have VR/3D set to Off. Is this intentional and can this behaviour be turned off?

    This would be OK but the sound is also routed through to my VR headset, which isn't ideal as there are times when I would want to run ED without VR.

  2. #662
    Originally Posted by Greyheart View Post (Source)
    I have just started using EDProfiles and it is a useful app, thanks Dr Kaii.

    I have one question. Each time I launch ED from the 2D Settings profile it also starts up steam VR, even though I have VR/3D set to Off. Is this intentional and can this behaviour be turned off?

    This would be OK but the sound is also routed through to my VR headset, which isn't ideal as there are times when I would want to run ED without VR.
    For what it's worth, just last week I found a solution to this (I had the exact same problem - very annoying since SteamVR then steals the focus away from the ED window). Basically you can make a copy of your Elite: Dangerous desktop shortcut for non-VR use and then edit its properties and stick "/novr" on the end of the target command line. I guess if you stuck that new modified command into a ".bat" file then you could invoke that batch file directly from your 2D profile.

  3. #663
    Thanks Alec. That's your solution, it's nothing to do with EDProfiler

    Golgot email me your entire graphics folder as well as all your profiles and I'll figure it out

    kaii@dr.com

  4. #664
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    For what it's worth, just last week I found a solution to this (I had the exact same problem - very annoying since SteamVR then steals the focus away from the ED window). Basically you can make a copy of your Elite: Dangerous desktop shortcut for non-VR use and then edit its properties and stick "/novr" on the end of the target command line. I guess if you stuck that new modified command into a ".bat" file then you could invoke that batch file directly from your 2D profile.
    Perfect, I'll give that a try. Thanks Alec.

  5. #665
    drkaii, not sure how best to phrase this, I guess it's a feature request

    I have found the paths.xml file in the EDL directory and I am wondering if you could add a second launcher statement for the 2D profile, i.e. if VR / 3D is set to off, with the '/novr' switch appended to it? The launch button could then be configured to call the one that applies to the profile being launched.

  6. #666
    Originally Posted by Greyheart View Post (Source)
    drkaii, not sure how best to phrase this, I guess it's a feature request

    I have found the paths.xml file in the EDL directory and I am wondering if you could add a second launcher statement for the 2D profile, i.e. if VR / 3D is set to off, with the '/novr' switch appended to it? The launch button could then be configured to call the one that applies to the profile being launched.
    I am already planning a way to set the launcher to whatever you like but I can't really add a functionality to give it two different options, that's just getting too specific and messy. Why not add the shortcut to the custom files of the VR profile and launch by hitting Apply?

  7. #667
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    I am already planning a way to set the launcher to whatever you like but I can't really add a functionality to give it two different options, that's just getting too specific and messy. Why not add the shortcut to the custom files of the VR profile and launch by hitting Apply?
    Duh! I had completely overlooked that setting, wrongly assuming it was another display option. Now I know what Alec was referring too when he said create a batch file, etc.

    That works for me and for those that are interested in doing the same, here is the full syntax for the batch file command. I am using start to close the batch file after it has called EDLaunch. You'll need to replace the path in bold, so it is correct for your system.

    start "C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe" /novr

    As drkaii has stated this only works if you click the Apply button, which then runs the batch file and launches the game without VR. If you use the the Launch Elite button it still launches the game with VR. That's fine for now as it means you can launch with or without VR from within EDP.

  8. #668
    So I've hit a bit of a snag, I can't update EDProfiler anymore. Its "test" certificate expired. When I started coding I knew nothing about such things so I never prepared for it. I don't think I can fix this without breaking the ability to update EDProfiler but very happy to hear suggestions.

    The exact error is:



    (fyi this might not be the exact error, this is what I get first time opening Visual Studio after reinstalling windows, but this is in a similar vein to what I saw before)

    Any help is welcome, otherwise I might need to release it down a new channel, after I make a new certificate. Please note, before helping, that I'm still not going to open source the code but if someone genuinely knows how to fix it I can definitely give them access, or even teamviewer into my PC.

  9. #669
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    So I've hit a bit of a snag, I can't update EDProfiler anymore. Its "test" certificate expired. When I started coding I knew nothing about such things so I never prepared for it. I don't think I can fix this without breaking the ability to update EDProfiler but very happy to hear suggestions.

    The exact error is:

    http://i.imgur.com/EjFBwni.jpg

    (fyi this might not be the exact error, this is what I get first time opening Visual Studio after reinstalling windows, but this is in a similar vein to what I saw before)

    Any help is welcome, otherwise I might need to release it down a new channel, after I make a new certificate. Please note, before helping, that I'm still not going to open source the code but if someone genuinely knows how to fix it I can definitely give them access, or even teamviewer into my PC.
    I don't really know anything about VisualStudio/dev stuff, but I do work in IT, so am familiar with certificates etc.

    Are you sure your cert expired?, it sounds like you probably lost the cert you had installed when you re-installed your OS.
    The message in VisualStudio appears to be referencing a pfx file, which is what an exported cert would be in, and if that cert includes the private key this file would be password protected. So I'm guessing you did export the cert you were using before, is VisualStudio giving you the password prompt to "unlock" the pfx file?

    If you have the pfx file, you should be able to import the cert into your new OS by double clicking it and typing in the password when asked - whether this will help with the VisualStudio bit I don't know.

    Might be worth checking out this link on how to extend a cert even if it has expired, there is also a comment on that page which sounds like what you are having (comment from author on Feb 13 2010).

  10. #670
    hi this issue came up a few months before I did the PC wipe. I think I deleted the old pfx file, not sure if I can get it back...I'll have a look at your link though, thanks!

  11. #671
    Originally Posted by MrWhippy View Post (Source)
    I don't really know anything about VisualStudio/dev stuff, but I do work in IT, so am familiar with certificates etc.

    Are you sure your cert expired?, it sounds like you probably lost the cert you had installed when you re-installed your OS.
    The message in VisualStudio appears to be referencing a pfx file, which is what an exported cert would be in, and if that cert includes the private key this file would be password protected. So I'm guessing you did export the cert you were using before, is VisualStudio giving you the password prompt to "unlock" the pfx file?

    If you have the pfx file, you should be able to import the cert into your new OS by double clicking it and typing in the password when asked - whether this will help with the VisualStudio bit I don't know.

    Might be worth checking out this link on how to extend a cert even if it has expired, there is also a comment on that page which sounds like what you are having (comment from author on Feb 13 2010).
    YOU ARE THE BEST!

    I work in IT too but you are clearly my superior, teach me all you know master!

    You have no idea how much googling I did wrt this but you hit the nail on the head first time. Well done man, I've updated EDP, although I can't even remember what is in the update lol, I'll try and figure it out and publish some info

    Thanks again, can I buy you a beer?

    EDIT: False alarm, program was crashing straight after update. At the moment I don't know if that's because of the program itself or something to do with this certificate thing (strongly assume the former). I'll have to investigate.

    EDITEDIT: Working again, thanks again, legend

  12. #672
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    YOU ARE THE BEST!

    I work in IT too but you are clearly my superior, teach me all you know master!

    You have no idea how much googling I did wrt this but you hit the nail on the head first time. Well done man, I've updated EDP, although I can't even remember what is in the update lol, I'll try and figure it out and publish some info

    Thanks again, can I buy you a beer?

    EDIT: False alarm, program was crashing straight after update. At the moment I don't know if that's because of the program itself or something to do with this certificate thing (strongly assume the former). I'll have to investigate.

    EDITEDIT: Working again, thanks again, legend
    No problem dude, glad I could help.

    As a recent user of your app (picked up a rift in the summer sale), I'm happy you got your issue sorted!!

  13. #673
    Originally Posted by Greyheart View Post (Source)
    here is the full syntax for the batch file command. I am using start to close the batch file after it has called EDLaunch. You'll need to replace the path in bold, so it is correct for your system.

    start "C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe" /novr
    I was getting Invalid switch - "/novr" error with the above in a batch so I had to use an extra "" at the start to avoid path issues, which works if anyone else needs:

    e.g:

    start "" "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\EDLaunch.exe" /novr

  14. #674
    My ED Profiler has stopped working, yet I've changed nothing since it last worked OK.

    I am getting a Microsoft .NET Framework error - "Unhandled exception has occured in your application message.... ".",hexidecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1."

    I have tried removing my profiles, uninstalling and reinstalling using the light and full installs without success - still get the same error.

  15. #675
    Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    So I've hit a bit of a snag, I can't update EDProfiler anymore. Its "test" certificate expired. When I started coding I knew nothing about such things so I never prepared for it. I don't think I can fix this without breaking the ability to update EDProfiler but very happy to hear suggestions.

    The exact error is:

    http://i.imgur.com/EjFBwni.jpg

    (fyi this might not be the exact error, this is what I get first time opening Visual Studio after reinstalling windows, but this is in a similar vein to what I saw before)

    Any help is welcome, otherwise I might need to release it down a new channel, after I make a new certificate. Please note, before helping, that I'm still not going to open source the code but if someone genuinely knows how to fix it I can definitely give them access, or even teamviewer into my PC.
    Hi DrKaii,

    I asume you have sorted the updating ED Profiler, as my version updated this morning, but i can't see any updates notes on here or the site. Indeed sir, have you updated EDP?.

    My latest Windows update (last night) did some funny things when i booted this morning, like completely remove ED Engineer from my system, alter my Voicemeeter settings and gawd knows what other yet undiscovered things it has wrecked.

    So was it an Official DrKaii update or is it part of the unauthorised windows update playing with my system?

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast