Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 424849505152

Thread: EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    Hi, that's why I added Custom Files. Download NirCmd, create shortcuts for switching to the right audio outputs, and then add each shortcut to the right EDP profile and voíla
    Is there any examples I can copy for how to do this? I have downloaded NirCmd but it looks very confusing for an oldie

Originally Posted by DD_Crash View Post (Source)
    Is there any examples I can copy for how to do this? I have downloaded NirCmd but it looks very confusing for an oldie
    If I click on my speaker icon and click on the banner of the little popup that appears I see the following sound devices listed (among others):

Headphones (Rift Audio)

Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

So, in order to use NirCmd to select my Rift audio I run a batch file with the command:

"D:\Program Files\Nircmd\nircmd.exe" setdefaultsounddevice "Headphones" 1

And in order to select my normal speakers I run a batch file with the command:

"D:\Program Files\Nircmd\nircmd.exe" setdefaultsounddevice "Speakers" 1

Hope that helps! (exact syntax obviously depends on where you've put the nircmd.exe file and what your own sound devices are called).

This seems like a great idea, however it doesn't work right on my machine (running Windows 10 64 bit).

The one-click publisher doesn't appear to have the appropriate rights to write the files it needs, in fact the default directory doesn't have the xml files your app looks for on start-up, nor am I able to write any new profiles (application error stating (paraphrasing) path denied). I tried the quick and dirty "fix" of running edprofiler as administrator, however that prevents the app from starting entirely.

Anyone managed to get around this?

Originally Posted by seekhay View Post (Source)
    This seems like a great idea, however it doesn't work right on my machine (running Windows 10 64 bit).

The one-click publisher doesn't appear to have the appropriate rights to write the files it needs, in fact the default directory doesn't have the xml files your app looks for on start-up, nor am I able to write any new profiles (application error stating (paraphrasing) path denied). I tried the quick and dirty "fix" of running edprofiler as administrator, however that prevents the app from starting entirely.

Anyone managed to get around this?
    Sorry you are the first person with this issue. What browser do you install from?

Sorry you are the first person with this issue. What browser do you install from?
    I've tried Chrome (latest stable) and current version of MS Edge, both give the same result. If I enter a dummy default.xml, I can get the app to start, but the problem persists, like so: https://i.imgur.com/K8bmkBk.png

Okay, so I'm feeling kind of dumb. I completely forgot that I changed my AV program of choice a few weeks ago, and sure enough Bitdefender had silently blocked EDProfiler.

Crisis averted, sorry for being the PEBCAK user

Could not check GUI color

I'm getting a very annoying error about not being able to check GUI color, and none of the changes apply to the hud. Already explicitly unblocked the app thru my AV and yet it still occurs. It would seem that either it is not seeing the steam installation or there is something wrong with the app itself. Help, please?

Seems to be an issue with saving custom HUD presets. After saving one, it does not include the blue channel. So when attempting to re-open the newly saved preset in the HUD editor, it crashes the HUD editor.

This is great.
    I tried to edit the hud edit file but the file was blank in the graphics folder in the local folder using oculus.
    I used this program and BAM it told me it was corrupt and rewrote it so it actually works.
    I went back to the file and lo and behold there it is. This alone makes it worhwhile.

Originally Posted by Yaesu View Post (Source)
    Seems to be an issue with saving custom HUD presets. After saving one, it does not include the blue channel. So when attempting to re-open the newly saved preset in the HUD editor, it crashes the HUD editor.
    I came to report same thing.
    You can manually insert the other data into the text file, but problem is you forget the values.
    For now take a screenshot or note the values for the blue channel when you're adjusting it. Then once saved navigate to your GUI profiles folder (My Documents\EDProfiler\GUIProfiles) and open the profile with Notepad, or whatever you use (I use Notepad++) and then just add in the blue channel values... and save.

Temporary workaround

Thanks for the workaround, @David_VI!

without the blue values being saved, none of the color schemes look right and especially portraits in "portrait friendly" schemes are thoroughly screwed...

I think I have one possibly relevant observation to this bug: Even the existing presets in the Profiler, that do show blue settings don't seem to apply their blue values.

Awesome work!

I noticed though that jet cone quality is shown is "low" in the profiler while it is set to "ultra" in the game options.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 424849505152