Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Hi,

I've made a new display switcher (many other functions). It's does a lot more, see below.

We are now in build 2.3 to work with The Commanders

We have a brand new feature in EDProfiler: BRAND NEW BUILT IN GUI HUD COLOURS EDITOR!

The GUI/HUD Color Editor has been heavily worked on!!!

FIRSTLY, the code has been optimised, so the whole thing runs a lot faster, less lag etc.

SECONDLY, the color picker now has 3 modes:

1. Blend: mixes the color you click softly in to your selection
    2. Replace (main): changes the overall color scheme to the one you select - a heavy replacement of the main ""orange""
    3. Replace (highlights): replaces only the blue highlights (shields, some writing etc) - Note, it needs further work to get it more exact in all situations.

Have a fiddle to see exactly what each does. Hopefully, you'll be able to produce some awesome HUDs with this

THIRD, it is now fully region-friendly. Use your commas and ambersands and question marks for decimal separators to your hearts content! Weirdo.

FOURTH, the image is much more refined, neater, and includes more menu items for reference.

LASTLY, file size is reduced down to a healthy 2mb again

COMING SOON: (if I can figure it out): Avatars are here! 100% accurate as far as I can tell (please test)!

Enjoy!

-Dr. Kaii

MORE:

If you like it, feel free to donate, as there is more work to do on it

It lets you see what your chosen GUI values look like for almost every layout in the game. It lets you change them on the fly, it lets you click on a colour to blend that colour in to what you've selected, it lets you scroll through your profiles. It is very very cool.

Has the ability to switch to larger values and negative values.

Of course, if you haven't noticed in previous updates, it also has the new settings for 2.3, as well as quite a few bug fixes and improvements.

Hit the update button, or run setup.exe again, or go via the website and download/reinstall

Here are is an overview video of the app:

As you can see, it lets you create any number of graphics settings profiles. It also has a (live) Detect Current Settings button, and manages your start up control bindings and GUI Colours BRAND NEW GUI EDITOR!.

Download here: http://www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/ (please don't share the non-shortened bit.ly link of the download as I am using it to track how many downloads - for curiousity )

If anything goes wrong, hit the reset button

Thanks!

Dr. Kaii

Previous updates:

2.2.1.7:

1. Fixed the issue when creating a new profile, you get two entries in the profiles list
    2. Fixed the message showing "profile saved" when you bring up the overwrite profile dialogue but close without making any change
    3. Added a validation in case you pick the wrong ED install location (for the defaults) or the wrong program for the launcher
    4. Added a rough auto-detect for the ED Launcher
    5. A few cosmetic updates

2.2.1.3:

3 changes:

Video and Image of changes:

1. You can now create a list of programs to run when you hit Apply for each profile! So if you switch your audio source with something like nircmd, for example, when you change from 2D to VR, you can now add the .bat files to the relevant profiles and have them run as you hit Apply (checkbox has to be checked)

2. You can now unlock the Model Draw Distance to go above the default range. Setting the slider to max with the "unlock" box ticked sets it to 2.0, which almost completely eliminates pop up. Powerful computers only!

3. I wrote some code to give you a dialog box if your GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml is corrupt (not sure why but this happens to a few people here and there) with some options on how to deal with it (either delete and recreate, or lets you fix it yourself)

• Now, in "Detect Current" mode, the Save button changes to Save to existing profile..., and clicking it opens a tiny dialogue that lets you save the currently detected settings to any of your profiles, or one of the two default profiles (finally). Warning, overwrites the profile completely!
      Screenshot:
    • Added all the latest NO2O avatar friendly profiles
    • Renamed all the old NO2O GUI profiles to include special titles, and given the author name where available
    • Increased the width of the GUI Profiles List combobox dropdown list so you can read the names that don't fit
    • Improved the algorithm for working out which named profile is currently applied when in "detect" mode
    • Cleaned up a lot of the GUI profiles as a result*
    • Changed the way the profiler displays the names of custom bindings (it was removing the "Custom -" part), and created clean up code to deal with that

• Added controls for HUD brightness, jet cones, camera shake, camera blackout, vehicle camera stick to horizon and two additional VR default profiles
    • Updated options for graphics settings that have new options, such as super sampling and HMD quality
    • Added code to include all these changes and additions to existing profiles
    • Changed gamma, terrain work and model draw distance to sliders
    • Changed values for above to match game values exactly
    • Added "check for updates" button
    • Improved code for control bindings, now using PresetName in the .binds file rather than the file name itself, in case the user changed it. Added code to support very old bindings files that don't use the PresetName attribute
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Adjusted the layout
    • Clicking the VR default profiles now automatically sets the 3D control to HMD
    • Added more NO2O GUI profiles (GUI profiles that are compatible with avatars)

it is now bug free as far as I can tell, and I have completed my todo list. Run the setup.exe or re-download and install to get the latest version!

It has been a glorious day of updates! Including fixing ALL region-related issues and the SS issue (see notes below), I've now finally gotten round to fixing the Bindings part of the app! You can now select from a list of your custom bindings, as well as the default options in a drop down list, and it will apply that binding before starting the game (so long as you have the "Enabled" box ticked). You can save both to a profile of course. Enjoy!

1.0.4.1 - fixed minor issue with Bindings list not updating when you switch profiles/detect
    1.0.4.2 - changed the title to 1.0.4 as it still said 1.0.3

Fixed all regional issues (once and for all I hope, please test!). SS is also now fixed in case you missed the last update. Please update by running the setup.exe again or going to the site.

1.0.2.4 - 7

Originally Posted by drkaii View Post (Source)
    btw I am aware of the problem of the detect not detecting the DOF or Terrain Sampler settings, I have fixed it for the next release, I just want to sort out the controls bindings thing to be working so I can release together.

• Fixed the quoted problem, as well as finalised the multi-regional support. If you use commas for decimal points, heck if you use % signs for decimal points (we don't judge you), then it will work fine for you
    • Also added some NO2O GUI colour profiles, which are all avatar-friendly. Taken from here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ease-add-yours!)
      (give rep to the inventor of the one you use)
    • I also disabled the control bindings checkbox as that's not currently working correctly. Will be available when I fix it sometime by next week hopefully

If your files got corrupted due to it NOT working before thanks to the regional issues, please either manually set a complete list of settings and hit "Apply" in EDP, or failing that, delete them (game files and EDProfiler files) and recreate them (by launching the game and applying in the graphics menu for the former, by running EDP for the latter) and all will be smooth sailing.

Fixed SS issues by 1.0.2.7, added home button and various other minor issues

• Fixed issue of having to set the install path each time you press one of the Default Settings buttons
    • Fixed the issue some were getting where they got various exceptions from starting due to missing elements (some people seem to not have DOF or Sampler settings in their configuration files
    • Set it to blank out the DOF and Sampler settings if they don't exist to prevent confusion, with tooltips to explain
    • Included missing GUI profiles (including the "default" one called Standard)
    • Set auto-updates to once every 7 days again

v.1.0.1.3

• Custom binds no longer getting renamed (the files themselves were never renamed but it made problems populating the list correctly in EDProfiler)
    • Custom bind for loading is not set to nothing anymore if you apply with the check box unchecked
    • Those getting the "element missing" error on startup shouldn't get it anymore
    • Added tool tips when you hover your mouse over some settings that can be blank until you change them and hit apply the first time with instructions

Is this going to be able to finally stop ED running on a halfscreen (even when set fullscreen in the options!) ?

Originally Posted by Kremator View Post (Source)
    Is this going to be able to finally stop ED running on a halfscreen (even when set fullscreen in the options!) ?
    Not sure what you're talking about, but why not?

When running in VR, the screen never goes fullscreen (on the monitor - not in the headset). This means that mouse movement can sometimes go outside the window. When you change the options ingame for fullscreen it will do that, BUT when you relaunch it has forgotten those values and goes back to about halfscreen on the monitor. I hope that explained it better.

Yeah it did. Unfortunately my gpu has been delayed so I'd appreciate if someone can send me some GraphicsSettings.xml variations with explanations of the settings so I can get going

Not sure what you're talking about, but why not?
    On the Vive when you run E: D with Steam VR active, the monitor throws up a window for E: D (I believe 1280 x 768 res).

On my system through E: D graphics settings, I'll set up full screen and 1920 x 1080 res on my monitor (to run shadowplay properly), but the next time I boot E: D it reverts back to the window again. Rather annoying.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Yeah it did. Unfortunately my gpu has been delayed so I'd appreciate if someone can send me some GraphicsSettings.xml variations with explanations of the settings so I can get going
    WIll try to send you my xml tonight.
    AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.
    "Play the game. Don't game the play." - Any grind, is in your mind.
    CMDR Shadragon / CMDR Drain Bamaged / CMDR CuteLilBunny

Originally Posted by shadragon View Post (Source)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

WIll try to send you my xml tonight.
    Thanks, and if you have time please try to send one with VR on and one with VR settings off. And any other combinations you think I might find useful

This is awesome news! I just received my rift and I know Dr Kaii is a big dk2 user (now my spare lol) so he will know exactly whats needed. I miss being able to click a button and then play without all the faffing about with settings. Get it done m8, we need it yesterday

Join the Multi-Crew revolution, because one HCS Voicepack is just not enough! http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum...i-crew-profile

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright!

Dumb Q. Where is the path to GraphicsSettings.xml??

I've looked in appdata, the program files, etc. Nothing.
    AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.

Really want to get behind this project. Can anyone tell me where to find GraphicsSettings.xml?

Cheers.

I think the biggest thing for me would be to be able to switch effortlessly between two profiles, i.e. a VR one and a standard one. So the VR one would have HMD active with windowed and low rez on the desktop view, then with a click of the button I could switch to standard monitor settings, including borderless and 1920x1080 rez

Hi,

I'm going to be making a new display switcher as the old one stopped being supported and doesn't work since 2.0, codename Elite Dangerous Files Tool (as it will manipulate files - hopefully will get fairly complicated) but that name might change.

I also want to try to add as much functionality as possible, so please give me a wishlist of things it can do (try to keep it along the same theme of creating and switching between graphics profiles etc).

Here's a screenie of the old display switcher, so I'm going to make it do all of that. Is there anything else you guys can think of?

Thanks!

Dr. Kaii

p.s. this is going to be a project to help me learn a new coding language so the more ideas the better

Will aim to have the preliminary version ready by the end of next week.
    Sounds great - does this work with ED on the fly? Or you run it before starting ED?

Is it for the Rift/DK2/CV1, and Vive?

Can it have a "Start ED" button with path picker etc? (even if it just launches the Launcher, it'll save button presses)

Originally Posted by Yosharian View Post (Source)
    I think the biggest thing for me would be to be able to switch effortlessly between two profiles, i.e. a VR one and a standard one. So the VR one would have HMD active with windowed and low rez on the desktop view, then with a click of the button I could switch to standard monitor settings, including borderless and 1920x1080 rez
    This is a great idea -
    VR with blank Monitor
    VR showoff
    Display only (2D)

Save and name as appropriate.

Combat: Deadly | Trading: Tycoon | Explorer: Pathfinder | CQC: Semi-Professional
    Member of the House Jurai.
    i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz H2O, 16GB DDR4 @3000, 1080GTX, CV1 Rift, TM Warthog HOTAS, Wheels: Birkin S3 Clubman

Hi,

I'm going to be making a new display switcher as the old one stopped being supported and doesn't work since 2.0, codename Elite Dangerous Files Tool (as it will manipulate files - hopefully will get fairly complicated) but that name might change.
    Out of curiosity which parts don't work for you? For me it's just the UI colours. Everything else works albeit with an error.
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

• i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast