Thread: Matariki - time for a challenge!

Matariki - time for a challenge!

Kia Ora! I have asked one of the Angeli's best strategists to come up with a challenge to celebrate Matariki. The sisters have risen, we have half a month before the full moon.

Will update this thread when he wakes up, & we come up with something.

I'll offer a physical prize again for winners.. This time you dont have to be a member on the Angeli.

Will update when the man comes up with the challenge..

Damn, we have run out of time... Lets run it anyway.

Take a pic of your ship in front of each of the seven sisters... If you dont want to do it in open, Join the Damorgs group, but open is preferred. Will see if I can drag some Angeli out for the trip.

To make more fun, more points for the smallest ship!

Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    What's a Matariki?
    "Matariki is the Māori name for the cluster of stars also known as the Pleiades. It rises in mid-winter – late May or early June. For many Māori, it heralds the start of a new year. Matariki literally means the 'eyes of god' (mata ariki) or 'little eyes' (mata riki)." - Google

Originally Posted by Siranui View Post (Source)
    "Matariki is the Māori name for the cluster of stars also known as the Pleiades. It rises in mid-winter – late May or early June. For many Māori, it heralds the start of a new year. Matariki literally means the 'eyes of god' (mata ariki) or 'little eyes' (mata riki)." - Google

Nice. Now it makes sense.

We are currently enroute to Matariki now

Anyone keen meet us in Maia

Just say hello in chat

Alcyone

Asterope and her sisters in the background

Atlas

Celaeno interrupted by a wing of 6 Imperial Couriers and a Cobra when we stopped in a belt cluster, the Cutter had 121 tons of Engineering goodies they were after

SRVs on Electra

Trouble finding landing spots for the big ships on Maia

A colourful Gas Giant in Merope

Pleione

Taygeta, again the Dropship Cmdr cannot stay in formation

We tried for a shot with the new Farragut on Merope 2 a but we all had client crashes on approach...

Inappropriate vessels for the trip down, was a lot of fun

Although maybe next time, I might suggest that the combat pilots choose a paint job that isn't midnight black...

Epic - just plain epic. Love the way our formations look like an accident that just happened.

PM me your postal address if I dont already have it, I'll get the laser warmed up.

I took some photos too.....

Great evening and turnout. Plenty of laughs, look forward to meeting up again
    Cheers.