• 09 - Erik Marcaigh - Generation Gap

2 14.29%
  • 10 - Simoof - The youth of Tomorrow

3 21.43%
  • 11 - FelixBast - Killing for profit

4 28.57%
  • 12 - phong - Cobra Care

3 21.43%
  • 13 - Listeri69 - A chilling tale of daring do....

4 28.57%
  • 14 - Edith_The_Hutt - First Time

2 14.29%
  • 15 - insanephoton - Some things never change.

6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Stories with a bite, Drabble Contest #156: Cobra

Stories with a bite, Drabble Contest #156: Cobra

Strap yourself into your seat. Prepare yourself for a ride in the all-too-familiar Drabble Contest

Edith_The_Hutt swooped in an won last week.
    He came up with this week's topic of "Cobra"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and comedy hour at 7pm GMT, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Make sure you come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a warning to all of the contestants, don't vote for yourselves. Anyone caught voting for themselves shall be thrown into a snakepit.

01 - StiTch - Thrice Bitten

“Inventor CMDR Gadjit, fresh from Greenhorn, reporting for duty”.
    Schematics drawn for a sublime multirole ship.
    Stern looks from the Boss:
    “There’s a Cobra for that”.

“CMDR Gadjit, prebooked”, dejectedly to the taxi lady.
    Blonde hair, beautiful eyes.
    “No ship could whisk you from my arms”, he blurts.
    “There’s a Cobra for that”

“CMDR Gadjit, ready for bed”, floral top and undies.
    Musing what would give him meaning-
    An advert, on TV:
    “There’s a Cobra for that”

Dave Gadjit, years later, terminal.
    “Where can I get the strength to continue?”
    A voice beside him…
    “There’s a Cobr-“
    *smack*

02 - Darkoba - A Misunderstanding

The assassin slid on his belly down the slope towards the landing pad. He used rocks and outcrops to ensure he was unseen.

A man walked out onto the empty pad. He looked around impatiently, activating his comms-unit.

"It's me. Where's the ship? You said a ship would meet me here."

"Yes, I promised a Cobra would rendezvous with you. Be patient. It'll show."

The assassin reached the pad and slid silently towards the man.

The man heard a hiss. He turned. The assassin reared up, spat at the man’s eyes and struck.

*Target destroyed. Mission accomplished* the King-Cobra-bot reported.

03 - Alien - 368,172 Hours In Forty Two Years

It was an ingenious contraption. Only the most twisted perverted mind could have designed it.
    A cow had been used because of their frequent flatulence and that was cross bred with a cobra to make it deadly, and that was cross bred with a boar, because why wouldn't you?

The rear end of the creature was positioned a few centimeters from the victim's nostrils. The victim would be connected to a defibrillator. The victim would endure this every hour. They would die and be brought back to life.

And that's how Simoof was klilled by a pigfart for 42 years.

04 - moose666 - Federation Heads In A Nutshell

Captain Leo was in the head, preparing for what he termed "A leisurely gentleman's pee". Unfortunately, he was not aware of the sleeping cobra.

The snake woke from the unexpected shower, and lashed out.

Midshipman Aurthor recalled the incident to the doctor.

"First I heard a horrified shriek, then the cap'n burst out the head like a rocket, screamin' GERRITOFF GERRITOFF GERRITOF! The snake was hangin' off his you know what too, was pretty funny at the time."

The doctor sighed; "I don't think the captain having his 'you know what' wrapped up like Tutankhamen will be funny for him."

05 - Royal Hankey - Snake On A Cobra

They picked up a Cobra mk3 on the scanners..
    It just missed a Police Viper.
    There was no docking request.
    Simoof said 'I know that ship, it's Alien's'
    On entering the Cobra missed an Asp,
    The Cobra finally came to a halt.
    Alien came running out saying 'Cobra, Cobra.'
    The attendant said 'yes your ship is a Cobra.'
    NO!! Alien said 'COBRA' and pointed to ship.
    Attendant replied what you mean that ship is a Cobra.
    Simoof appeared and said 'Sorry Alien has a phobia of snakes.'
    'She cant even say snake, there must be a Cobra inside her Cobra.'

06 - Saint John Hawke - Snakes On A Cobra

They picked up an Cobra Mk3 on the scanners.
    It just missed a Police Viper.
    There was no docking request.
    Psykokow said 'I know that ship, it's Rascons'
    On entering the Cobra missed an Eagle,
    The Cobra finally came to a halt.
    Rascon came running out saying 'Cobras, Cobras.'
    The attendant said 'yes your ship is a Cobra.'
    NO!! Rascon said 'COBRAS' and pointed to ship.
    Attendant replied what you mean that ship is a Cobra.
    Psykokow appeared and said 'Sorry Rascon has a phobia of snakes.'
    'He cant even say snake, there must be a Cobras inside his Cobra.'

07 - Ouberos - The Sad Fate Of Roger The Cabin Boy

“Trading up eh? I remember my first Cobra. This one is a bit older, a bit more beaten up but it's got provenance!”

“Really?” I was suspicious. It was knackered.

“Cmdr Stains and Blaster Bates once flew this beauty. They were famous gankers. Their cabin boy went missing just before they bought it. No one ever found his body. It's a mystery,”

Some time later I found a clue to Roger the cabin boys fate. In Uv black light the cabin lit up like a cosmos made of jizz.

Writ large in thick ropes, the words

“Help meee!”

08 - Frank - Back In My Day

The indignant old man slapped the salesman's hands away from the controls. "Who do you think you're talking to? Don't show me what to do. I flew one of these old girls in the War, against Thargoids. Cobras are simple to fly, seat of your pants, with none of your fancy shmancy gizmos."

To demonstrate his piloting prowess he executed a fast take-off. He pointed his nose upwards before banking and swooping the spacecraft towards the exit, but then planted the Cobra into the wall a few metres above the letterbox slot. "So... how much extra is a docking computer?"

09 - Erik Marcaigh - Generation Gap

The salesman slapped the indignant old miner out of the pilot's seat after he faceplanted the shiny new Cobra into the station wall, just meters from the letterbox slot. "What do you think you're trying to prove? Your breath reeks of Janx, your mind is feeble, you stink like Hutton Orbital's Cubicle 3, and there was no war with Thargoids!"

To demonstrate his superior education, he pulled up Wikipedia-3300 on his tablet and searched for 'Thargoids'. "See? Says right here that they're a myth, concocted by old people who spent so much time in the black, it addled their minds."

10 - Simoof - The youth of Tomorrow

The Thargoid slapped the Wikipedia-3300 out of the salesman's hands sending it flying. It smashed into the station wall just meters from the letterbox slot. "click clack click cckkk trtrt crr smelly crrrk t frank crrkk crrkk liquidised kkrk cthrip flush crack drroop Hutton Orbital's crux throop cubicle 3."

To demonstrate its exceptional anatomy it executed a fast execution. It pointed the salesmans nose upwards before swooping down and snapping his neck. Now it was time to liquidise the old minor miner; looking at the sludge seeping out his trouser legs over his shoes, it appeared to be happening already.

11 - FelixBast - Killing for profit

The last time he had chased this target, it had slithered out of his grasp.
    With grim determination he turned the ship and lined up behind the Cobra.
    “You’re going nowhere,” he hissed under his breath and pulled the trigger.
    His lasers, spitting fire, quickly brought down the ships shields.
    He changed fire group and pulled the trigger again.
    This time several missiles snaked out toward the fleeing ship.
    After the ship exploded with a satisfying boom, a notification popped up on his console.
    The bounty award of one and a half million credits made him feel like a King.

12 - phong - Cobra Care

Graven's chest swelled with pride as the warning light went out,drew himself up to his full height (four foot six )and gave the order.Steam hissed as the blast doors swung ponderously back through the curtain of water coming from the sprinklers set above.Immediately his crew were in motion,each running towards his assigned station.He halted beneath the landing pylon,the bucket clanking against his thigh.Dipping the mop head into the cold water,he reached up and began to scrub vigorously.He loved his job and today he got to clean 'The Emperor' s bottom.

13 - Listeri69 - A chilling tale of daring do....

'Approaching the planets surface 400 meters to touchdown'

'roger that, landing gear deployed thrusting down slowly'

'Shift 30 degrees right and slowly does it..'

'10 meters to go...and we have touchdown...everyone into the airlock we have exploring to do'

'Right Sally get your space suit on and remember the temperature out there is just under 400 kelvin so you'll need the cooling suit'

'Oh do I have to, I hate wearing that stupid suit for longer than 40 seconds'

'Unless you want to become a boil in the bag human...'

'it's just everything gets really pointy especially with the Cold-Bra'

14 - Edith_The_Hutt - First Time

The jet black cobra steamed gently in the morning sun. Water pooled where the landing pads pushed deep into the hard earth below.

"It's so big!" gasped Ben, straining against a hastily fitted flight suit two sizes too small.

"I've ridden bigger beasts than that," said Anne, leaning back and admiring the view, "but it's not the size, it's the power. Believe me, nothing thrusts quite like a Cobra; the speed, the acceleration, it feels... incredible," Anne bit her bottom lip

"It sounds magnificent," Ben's eyes were wide with anticipation, "I can't wait"

"Neither can I," said Anne, smiling hungrily

15 - insanephoton - Some things never change.

David was unusually lucky and unlucky. Few people have survived their ship breaking up catastrophically at close to the speed of light or had to deal with the implications of time dilation.

He was a man out of his time, Nearly 200 years had elapsed since that terrible day and yet it had only been a few months for him. All his contemporaries were dead and the galaxy was very different. Galcop was long gone, frame shift drives had been created and there was even a female emperor. Some things hadn't changed though. The Cobra was still a fine ship

Ok audio version is now up!
    On Itunes OR our rss feed : http://feeds.feedburner.com/AbrakaDrabble

or direct here:

Video coming soon, had to re edit it.. so bit time consuming..

Only 11 voters so far!

Don't be an American voter! VOTE!!!

Originally Posted by Erik Marcaigh View Post (Source)
    Only 11 voters so far!

Don't be an American voter! VOTE!!!
    ..and any Americans out there in forum land, if you were thinking of voting for Donald's Trump, Don't be an American voter!

I can trump that. Vote to BE an American voter! The right choice of hairdo makes it great.

So I never drabbled, sadly, but I did vote to find less voters than drabbles! It's a great topic too.

I demand a recount. What's that ? I've won!? Eek. I'd better set a topic. With all the strange things happening like Drew running away from the bubble for reasons unknown, the topic this week is 'Rumours'