Page 1 of 4 123 Last

Thread: Newsletter #129

Newsletter #129

Newsletter #129

Greetings,

This week we're showing off some incredible community creations, including a must-see live action short movie, we're telling you about some of the tweaks and changes we've implemented thanks to community feedback, taking a little trip in an Orca with some Elite Dangerous-style space tourism and much more.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

Pick up the Elite Dangerous: Horizons Season Pass today for only 19.99, €24.99, $29.99 or RUB 1489.

Horizons Highlights

We’re always impressed by the screenshots and videos our community post on social media and our forums… here’s a collection of a few of our favourites from this week.

This live action short film made by the Eranin People's Film Board does an amazing job of putting an intriguing story behind a simple in-game mission. It perfectly captures the mood of Elite Dangerous and we applaud everyone involved for their brilliant work. We know we're not alone when we say that we'd love to see more.

Recusant1 heard rumours of a battlecruiser arriving at Merope 2A and journeyed to the system to get photographic evidence in order to confirm it's arrival. People on Reddit are busy speculating as to the reason for its arrival.

CMDR Zindae quickly found out that it was a bad idea to shoot upon the Cruiser as backup arrived swiftly to protect it.

CMDR Kronek decided to keep it peaceful, with a tip to Messier 78.

The Engineers Update

Earlier this week we put out a server update that brought some requested changes to the game.

Local news articles were added at the Engineers bases to help direct players to locations where they are able to source the materials they need. In addition we increased the amount of materials you can hold from 600 to 1,000 and increased the amount of Data you can hold from 200 to 500 units.

Alongside these changes we also made some adjustments to the requirements to unlock a couple of the Engineers. Specifically, we reduced the required number of rare goods to unlock them down to 50 tonnes. We also adjusted the availability of rare goods in the galaxy slightly, too. States will still change the allocation of rares but the numbers are more favourable than they were.

The development team worked incredibly hard over the recent week’s and are always looking at and reviewing the feedback from the community. There will be an additional point update coming soon which will also include a number of fixes and changes based on feedback from the community. We’ll have some more news on that soon.

See the original post here.

Tourism - Location, Location, Location

The graceful Orca will finally get the love and attention it deserves, as passenger gameplay is coming as part of the next major content update to Elite Dangerous: Horizons.

We'll have much more information on 2.2 in the coming weeks, so keep an eye on our social media channels and our weekly newsletter to find more.

One aspect of Passenger Gameplay will be Tourism, so we're building a massive database of the best tourist hotspots in the galaxy. There's nobody who knows the galaxy better than our intrepid explorers, so we're asking for a helping hand from our Commanders to make the location database as thorough and complete as possible!

Executive Producer Michael Brookes has arranged a competition on our forums where you can submit a location to be used in the game. If the location you submit gets used, your CMDR name will be added in-game in connection with the chosen location.

You can see all of the details, and find out exactly how you can get involved, by visiting the original forum post.

EDC Commonwealth - Codebreaker Event

The EDC Commonwealth are arranging a massive code breaking event, where participants will have to answer a series of questions in order to win prizes. See the original post here to find out how you can get involved.

GalNet Focus

Welcome to our weekly roundup of news stories and events in the Elite: Dangerous galaxy.

With the second stage of the Dangerous Games Wildcard competition complete, the third and final stage can now begin. This phase of the competition will focus on trade, with pilots being asked to gather as many conductive fabrics as possible for their chosen faction. The group with the most conductive fabrics at the end of the week-long event will be declared the winner.

Pranav Antal, leader of the technologically progressive enclave Utopia, has launched a campaign to gather exploration data. His aim is to discover what happens to the many hundreds of people who get lost in space every year. Utopian representatives have promised to reward pilots who deliver exploration data to Terry Port in the Garoku system.

When contact with Jaques Station was lost, many feared that Jaques’s plan to jump from Gliese 1269 to Beagle Point had resulted in disaster. Fortunately, several outposts have received messages over the past 24 hours, suggesting that the cyborg and his travelling starport survived the journey. But the fragmentary messages give no clear indication of where the starport might be.

A spokesperson for the Crom Silver Boys, a notorious crime syndicate, has released a statement confirming that its appeal for narcotics was eagerly received by the galactic community. Given the illicit nature of the operation, the exact number of participants is not known. But reports from the Herthe system indicate that hundreds of pilots contributed to the campaign, delivering controlled substances for the criminals’ drug-production scheme. With the criminals’ targets met, production of crom silver fesh is scheduled to begin immediately.

The Danger Zone - CQC With the Devs

It’s time for some more fast-paced CQC action with CJ and Edward Lewis in a new episode of The Danger Zone.

Come and take on these two at CQC on our official YouTube channel at 7PM BST on Tuesday June 2, and be in for the chance to win paint job packs!

HCS Voicepacks - Obsidian Ant

The guys at HCS voicepack have launched their latest addition to the collection, with YouTuber Obsidian Ant!

You can watch the trailer for the pack below, made by Obsidian Ant himself... how fitting.

From the site - "Obsidian - Over a thousand responses including Ai "Jazz" for the Galaxapedia & Constellations."

Reddit AMA

At 7PM BST tonight on /r/EliteDangerous the Lave Radio crew will be taking part in their first Reddit AMA.

The intrepid crew of the infamous orange Sidewinder broadcast a weekly show discussing ED events, news, controversial topics; and also organise the annual Lavecon fan convention.

Community Goals Update

Greetings, Commanders, and welcome to this week’s community goals blog. If you’re looking for a goal, the breakdown below should help:

The Dangerous Games Trade Challenge

Tartarus Point, Momus Reach system – Earn Dangerous Games points for your favourite Wildcard group by delivering conductive fabrics to Tartarus Point in the Momus Reach system.

Exploration Data for Utopia

Terry Port, Garoku System – Deliver Exploration Data to Terry Port in the Garoku system to help Pranav Antal, leader of the technologically progressive enclave Utopia, discover why so many of those who traverse the depths of space vanish.

Every year, thousands of people disappear into the vastness of space. Some simply venture out too far and lose their way. Others are abducted by pirates and sold into slavery, their identities irrevocably erased. Others still may suffer more mysterious fates.

For many, these disappearances are a fact of life – an inescapable consequence of living among the stars. But Pranav Antal, leader of the technologically progressive enclave Utopia, is unwilling to simply accept such losses. The simguru, as he is known, has launched a campaign to gather exploration data with the aim of discovering why so many of those who traverse the depths of space vanish.

“The purpose of this campaign is to acquire concrete information about these disappearances so we can do more to prevent them. But I must stress that even if we are able to locate missing individuals, it is likely that they will be too far from our base of operations to make rescue possible. This is an intelligence-gathering operation only.”

Utopian representatives have promised to reward pilots who deliver exploration data to Terry Port in the Garoku system. The campaign begins on the 16th of June 3302 and will run for one week.

Dangerous Games Trade Challenge

With the second stage of the Dangerous Games Wildcard competition complete, the third and final stage can now begin.

This phase of the competition will focus on trade, with pilots being asked to gather as many conductive fabrics as possible for their chosen faction. The group with the most conductive fabrics at the end of the week-long event will be declared the winner.

At the close of the Wildcard competition, the faction that has garnered the most support over the course of the campaign will enter the Dangerous Games and compete for the right to be recognised as an official power.

With the end of the competition looming, each faction is eager to secure as much support as possible and is doing all it can to attract pilots to its cause.

The event begins on the 16th of June 3302 and will run for one week.

Comms Chatter

Commander Lyxavier decided it was time to leave… so why not make a stylish gif of his way out?

Basking intensifies to critical levels! Check out the station that CMDR TheRealPhyzz shared on /r/EliteDangerous.

CMDR Ishmair from reddit shared this image... space madness anyone?

Copyright 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.
    Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WG, UK

Newsletter #129

We can't link to it at the moment as it contains personal info of the link donor, so I've taken those bits out and put the full thing up as a post.

Not too sure if this is how it's going to be done in the future.

Enjoy.

If you're not getting them, sign in to the store and check your subscription settings.

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    Newsletter #129

We can't link to it at the moment as it contains personal info of the link donor, so I've taken those bits out and put the full thing up as a post.

Not too sure if this is how its' going to be done in the future.

Enjoy.

If you're not getting them, sign in to the store and check your subscription settings.
    I have checked my settings and I should be receiving them but am not.

So I've got 127 and 129... Where's 128? Strange. Nothing on forums too.

Originally Posted by Zarlok View Post (Source)
    I have checked my settings and I should be receiving them but am not.
    Odd. Maybe worth pinging an e-mail to customer services about that.

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    So I've got 127 and 129... Where's 128? Strange. Nothing on forums too.
    Sure I had that one, but I can't find it.

Thanks for putting this up and look forward to being a tour captain.

Thanks for posting and thanks for newsletter.

Am really enjoying 2.1, much more enveloping.

NPC's are getting a bit handy aren't they! Love it.

Nice!
    Was afraid they were gone from here.

Thank you very much!

Sure I had that one, but I can't find it.
    So is there an archive of all newsletters? It's really odd, but I can't find number 128. Search doesn't give anything too. Like it never existed? Am I going mad, or miss something like an idiot? Oo

Edit: Nevermind. I've found it buried in my inbox.

You can also subscribe to the newsletter at the bottom of this page ? ---- https://www.elitedangerous.com/ ---- Without having an account at the store ?

Originally Posted by Caramel Clown View Post (Source)
    So is there an archive of all newsletters? It's really odd, but I can't find number 128. Search doesn't give anything too. Like it never existed? Am I going mad, or miss something like an idiot? Oo

Edit: Nevermind. I've found it buried in my inbox.
    Yeah, it's not some Ministry of Truth retcon going on!

@Patrick - good point, thank you.

I liked the introduction in the video made by the Eranin People's Film Board

Newsletter #129

Not too sure if this is how it's going to be done in the future.

Enjoy.

Thanks

Those not getting newsletter, apart from the obvious(check online FD account in newsletter section and spam folder) , if you're with gmail check the PROMOTIONS folder

Finally some love for the Orca! Thank You Frontier! I hope we'll see her little Baby soon, or even Big Momma... I'm waiting patiently!

Page 1 of 4 123 Last