Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Watch This Space

Originally Posted by DrBaggy View Post (Source)
    Whoever pledges what, there has to be Have Station and other credits to the loyal band (both Steves, TJ, Alien, Spacegamer, rgmarrett, Space Pirate: many others I'll now unintentionally insult by not naming!) who have kept this forum going in those long dark hours.
    To echo what others have said, there has to be a space station named after Geraldine for keeping the faith when the rest of us had stomped off in a huff.
    My pledge means I get to be "a founding member of the Elite in the game".
    I have to admit, I have no idea what that means

Originally Posted by The Space Pirate View Post (Source)
    About the name, what's wrong with:

Elite: The Return.

?

I mean, Elite: Dangerous is going to come across as a supremely lame title for those who don't understand that it's based on an actual rank in the game.

They could even call it 'Elite: The Second Coming' - it's been that bloody long! Or 'Elite: Back from the Dead'. Elite: Dangerous is a bit of a crappy name. I still don't get why they can't just call it 'Elite 4'.

Definitely far too Star Trek, mate. Star Trek x Cowboys, in actual fact. Anyway, to hell with the damn console shooter (Call of Duty, I presume)? Elite came first, Elite is a game that people have played for more than twenty years. Besides which, they've called it 'Elite' in any case. Has someone got a licence for '4' these days??
    I'm sure Steve Jobs tried to patent it...

I quite like "Elite: Dangerous". But understand it's like "Elite: Mostly Harmless" which probably wouldn't shift that many copies.

How exciting to have something to discuss other than "will E4 ever come out"!

I see Frontier has been working on this in "skunk" mode (tortoise mode might be more appropriate). So any early screenshots guys? I have to admit the Star Citizen site is more impressive at the moment.

Geraldine, make your thousandth post a really good one!

I wish DB and all the staff at Frontier all the best in turning a dream into reality. Good luck guys!

A few points before I head off and pledge money:

5. Whoever pledges what, there has to be Have Station and other credits to the loyal band (both Steves, TJ, Alien, Spacegamer, rgmarrett, Space Pirate: many others I'll now unintentionally insult by not naming!) who have

ps the Wikipedia page says multiplayer: will that be the only option?
    Now come on, would you dock at 'The Space Pirate'?

To echo what others have said, there has to be a space station named after Geraldine for keeping the faith when the rest of us had stomped off in a huff.
    Geraldine The Resolute, orbiting Earth I say.

Elite: The Return.
    Not edgy enough for my liking. In my mind it makes me think of dodgy film sequels and Hollywood's attempt to cash in ... "I know what you did last Summer X" ... really ?!

No .. I personally find nothing wrong with Elite:Dangerous as it makes you think something bad is going to happen, plus it's a nod to those that understand the ranking system.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post (Source)
    My pledge means I get to be "a founding member of the Elite in the game". I have to admit, I have no idea what that means :o
    Usually it means that on the official forum you get a special title; in game "something" about you is unique like a title; decal on your ship; maybe you glow ... (In Diablo 3 for instance you got a unique sygil you could use on your banner)

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Now come on, would you dock at 'The Space Pirate'? :D :D
    Yup, with a tight grip on my purse and always knowing the quick route back to my spaceship sure, I'll come visit! :)

Just remembered that 2014 is a World Cup year as well. Cool.

I kinda like "Elite : Witchspace" for some reason, but how about;

Elite : Dark Matters
    Elite : Resurgence
    Elite : Anomaly

The first would be a reference to the darkness of Space - and Science's current search for Dark Matter.

"Resurgence" in my view is a double-entendre if Frontier reintroduce the Thargoids as a threat by referring to the reappearance of both the game and the Thargoids

"Anomaly" I've yet to come up with a resoning for (aside from being a slight reference to the old Wormhole bug in FE2)

How about "Elite : Phoenix" because it's come back from the dead and been reborn from it's ashes?

(I'd suggest Elite : Rebirth ... but that might upset some stuck-up people on another forum)

Now come on, would you dock at 'The Space Pirate'?
    Definitely!!!! And hope for adventure! Would you be terrified if DrBaggy hailed you Maybe less so!

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    (I'd suggest Elite : Rebirth ... but that might upset some stuck-up people on another forum)
    LOL .. being mildly lazy with my reading skills (dyslexic possibly) I read that as Elite: Afterbirth

Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post (Source)
    Elite : Resurgence
    I like that :smilie:

Originally Posted by Liqua View Post (Source)
    LOL .. being mildly lazy with my reading skills (dyslexic possibly) I read that as Elite: Afterbirth
    "May the forceps be with you??"

5. Whoever pledges what, there has to be Have Station and other credits to the loyal band (both Steves, TJ, Alien, Spacegamer, rgmarrett, Space Pirate: many others I'll now unintentionally insult by not naming!) who have kept this forum going in those long dark hours.
    6. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. Goodbye life!

ps the Wikipedia page says multiplayer: will that be the only option?
    Hey fella - welcome back. That'd have to be a 'ten Have' station

How's about

Elite: Mildly Risky Endeavours

Originally Posted by Steve O B Have View Post (Source)
    Hey fella - welcome back. That'd have to be a 'ten Have' station

How's about

Elite: Mildly Risky Endeavours
    Hi Steve! Sorry, yes of course....
    It took me a couple of years to realise the O B was a joke, a bit slow here!

Whether or not E4 happens, its good to hear from old friends again. Like everyone but Geraldine, I had given up and gone away....and like everyone else, not really gone away but checking the forum every week or so "just in case"

I think you must be the most long-serving and prolific forum member of us all (6 years we have been on this forum!)

Good to hear from you and everyone else again!

Mildly Risky Endeavours.

That is an absolute CLASSIC !!!!!

Originally Posted by Steve View Post (Source)
    Goodness, I just saw that, if I could afford that option on the Kickstarter I would, but at the end of the day, I'd be over the moon just to be something like a "Skutter" in the game

Just in case (unlikely) someone doesn't know what a "Skutter" is http://reddwarf.wikia.com/wiki/Skutters

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast