Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Watch This Space

Originally Posted by Styggron View Post (Source)
    Worried though that I have not seen anything talk about single player though and worried this will all exclusively be online, riddled with DRM, use of the horrible system Steam etc.... still we don't know yet. I just hope there is a single player mode.
    Gotta say I really like steam, better steam than ea's origin. Only reason I'd buy a physical copy is if it came with a map and flight manual like Frontier did.

I share your concern about the multiplayer vs single player mode though. Also hoping they don't dumb down the flight model too much. I liked the combat in FFE with the modded manual thruster controls, I admit the original frontier combat was a pain though.

Originally Posted by David Walsh View Post (Source)
    Thank you. I _beleive_ they are cumulative, but will need to properly check this. The Kickstarter site only mentions increasing a pledge, which is unclear: "You can change or cancel your pledge anytime before Friday Jan 4, 7:00pm EST."
    From the Kickstarter help

How can I change my pledge amount?
    Visit the project page and click “Manage Your Pledge.” Enter a new amount in the pledge amount box. Note that you are not adding to your existing pledge; the amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded.
    So it seems that each pledge is independent of the others.

Originally Posted by I_am_Jon View Post (Source)
    Gotta say I really like steam, better steam than ea's origin. Only reason I'd buy a physical copy is if it came with a map and flight manual like Frontier did.

I share your concern about the multiplayer vs single player mode though. Also hoping they don't dumb down the flight model too much. I liked the combat in FFE with the modded manual thruster controls, I admit the original frontier combat was a pain though.
    I'm more of a Steam fan also - Origin is a dogs breakfast.

Originally Posted by David Walsh View Post (Source)
    Thank you. I _beleive_ they are cumulative, but will need to properly check this. The Kickstarter site only mentions increasing a pledge, which is unclear: "You can change or cancel your pledge anytime before Friday Jan 4, 7:00pm EST."
    Then it sounds like that from that I change how much I pledge, not make extra pledges ... OK if I can changed the reward I claim too.
    EDIT: I just looked, and I can change my reward too ... so that answers my question.

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    Then it sounds like that from that I change how much I pledge, not make extra pledges ... OK if I can changed the reward I claim too.
    Yeah it seems that you can 'Manage your Pledge' to change your reward so that's all good.

How can I change my reward selection?
    Visit the project page and click “Manage Your Pledge.” To change your reward, make a new selection. Note that changing your reward selection does not automatically change your pledge amount.

Origin is horrible yes but I hate steam as well.

I want the DVD, I want to install it and THAT is it !!! I don't want steam trying to download a billion patches here and there just like Skyrim. You had the DVD and it insisted on downloading 1.5 GIG..no thanks !

I want the game to run and that is it. No steam, no manager nothing *just* the game. If I want a patch I will install it else I want it totally stand alone in the middle of nowhere with no internet connetion if need be.

I am hoping there is a boxed version with a nice BIG manual and BIG MAP :-)

Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post (Source)
    :smilie:
    You must be so rapt Geraldine.

I wonder how much people are pledging. I am deciding the amount now.

My goodness !!! Already almost 8000 pounds and it has not even been an hour yet !!! and someone pledged 1500 WOW !!!

(I think that the kickstarter has been up since 7pm UK time)Well if it continues to pledge at this rate you'll be at around £2Mil by Jan and since this will grow faster as more people become aware of it (at least initially) you guys may be onto a winner.

Originally Posted by Styggron
    Origin is horrible yes but I hate steam as well.

I want the DVD, I want to install it and THAT is it !!! I don't want steam trying to download a billion patches here and there just like Skyrim. You had the DVD and it insisted on downloading 1.5 GIG..no thanks !

I want the game to run and that is it. No steam, no manager nothing *just* the game. If I want a patch I will install it else I want it totally stand alone in the middle of nowhere with no internet connetion if need be.

I am hoping there is a boxed version with a nice BIG manual and BIG MAP :-)
    It would be nice and to be honest if it were possibly to have a physical copy with the ability to add it to Steam then that would be even better so that I don't have to keep using the disk. Having said that at the speeds that stuff downloads at these days I'm not overly stressed about digital copies. If it cuts the costs down and means that Frontier can sell their game at an extraordinary £20 (which is a huge nod to the gamers and thanks for that - there will be no excuse for not paying for the game at that price and is exactly what I've been pushing for) then I can live without a map and a pretty box.

I wonder how much people are pledging. I am deciding the amount now.

My goodness !!! Already almost 8000 pounds and it has not even been an hour yet !!!
    It seems the most pledges have been £20 ... the highest so far is £1,500
    I wish I could get up to £500 and have a station named after me ...
    Steve O B Have ... we used to joke about exactly that, are you going to try to make it happen?

You could say that! It...........feels....sort of...........unreal. Anyways pledged £40! Would give more but I am broke

Anyways I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!!

KEEP THE FAITH!

Originally Posted by Steve O B Have View Post (Source)
    (I think that the kickstarter has been up since 7pm UK time)Well if it continues to pledge at this rate you'll be at around £2Mil by Jan and since this will grow faster as more people become aware of it (at least initially) you guys may be onto a winner.

It would be nice and to be honest if it were possibly to have a physical copy with the ability to add it to Steam then that would be even better so that I don't have to keep using the disk. Having said that at the speeds that stuff downloads at these days I'm not overly stressed about digital copies. If it cuts the costs down and means that Frontier can sell their game at an extraordinary £20 (which is a huge nod to the gamers and thanks for that - there will be no excuse for not paying for the game at that price and is exactly what I've been pushing for) then I can live without a map and a pretty box.
    Sure if you can redeem it on Steam that is fine for Steam users. Sorry but I just despise it and I prefer boxed versions where I can. If this is only digital download I'm still fine, it would just be NICE if there was more like the original experience but NOT at the expense at making the game viable of course.

I hope Frontier do have a nice big manual, map EVEN if it is eletronic that is fine. A nice PDF, no steam etc I would be happy. Just a CD key so I can run on a remote computer in a location with no internet and I'll be happy. :-) I might even be lured into multiplayer....but I usually avoid those like the plaque. I'm a stand alone no internet gamer. ;-)

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    It seems the most pledges have been £20 ... the highest so far is £1,500
    I wish I could get up to £500 and have a station named after me ...
    Steve O B Have ... we used to joke about exactly that, are you going to try to make it happen?
    I'd love to but I don't think that it's within my means at the moment. I've got a few guys interested that have/or are going to/ buy the Alpha packages but they seem to be rather taken by the idea of a space station as well I'll do what I can to get others interested as it's more important to get the game out there finally!

No I'll give as much as I can and spread the word. I'll be happy to just have the game that we've been gunning for all this time. I'm glad that my eventual reduction into pessimism has been proven unfounded. This game deserves to be made simply because the vision for it has been pretty clear even from the Elite days.

Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post (Source)
    You could say that! It...........feels....sort of...........unreal. Anyways pledged £40! Would give more but I am broke

Anyways I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!!

KEEP THE FAITH!

You and I kept the faith and I did falter a little but I remained 99.9% positive. It was you after all that rewarded me for a quality E4 rant. :-)

Yes it feels unreal. Still we can't dance will we hit 1.2 mil. I am about to go pledge now. Say don't you think the offerings are very generous ? I mean the game for 20 pounds which was the price of original elite in 1984 wasn't it or close to it.

The 20 and 30 pledges are identical though I think there is a fault there.

The 20 and 30 pledges are identical though I think there is a fault there.
    The difference is that the £20 pledge is limited to the first 10,000 backers.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast