Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Watch This Space

I can only hope for physical copies to have nice bonuses in there.

Perhaps a "Big box edition" pledge level...?

It's interesting to read the comments on Kickstarter. There are a great deal of echoed comments from all our suggestion threads. Glad to see that we weren't blowing smoke with our sentiments!

I am seeing 1,478 backers with £74,839 (which is nearly 120,000 USD) pledged out of the £1,250,000 goal! Keep it going!

Wow that really took me by surprise, If this does go through and gets completed as a full release then I take back anything I said. I do hope that if I did say anything harsh that it somehow helped as a kick in the butt, but I can't really complain too much as I still haven't completed the last comic issue of Frontier Elite that has sent everyone on here crazy. (Should be working again on that come March after I have completed my CGI Animation film "First Contact.")

That said I will be looking forward to this I just hope you don't fall for the common mistake that many game companies make when they try to remake or create sequels for classics. That mistake is trying to make sure it does everything possible to keep the newer generation of kids happy. For one that never works because todays gamer kids are spoilt little brats who are never satisfied with anything that comes out, and secondly, some of us were kids when elite 2 came out and there was nothing wrong with that for its time.

OMFG!

At last! At long last. Not only have we seen the dramatic return of the genre everyone told us was dead (space sims) but we get Elite as well.

Christmas has come early for a lot of people

Right on commander Braben, right on!

Has gone to meet its maker. Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    Well......what can I say????

Ahem.........

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    SSSSSSSSSS!

GET IN THERE!!!!!!

This without doubt has been the moment we've all been waiting for.

I've added my pledge and can't wait to see how things develop.

I've got to say, I'd almost given up hope, hats of to Geraldine who's faith never waivered

Give her the pink Tshirt FD she deserves it

How about a competition to have a space station named after you etc...

And another thing......

We may get a certain Mr B to post on here again........it's been a while David

Wow - I've just noticed that 2 of the £5000 pledge spots have been taken. (It'll be over 80k total by the time anyone reads this probably)

It looks like Elite has some wealthy fans that have heard the news. I think it's safe to let the Janitor off the computer to let the coders take over now, lol. (small reference to older posts of mine when we weren't hearing anything at all...)

Great..
    All this happens while I'm asleep and now I'm stuck at work, typing this on my phone..
    But otherwise...

Woo Hoo!

Now, do I go for a Station named after me or does my daughter have Christmas this year....

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #71
    Originally Posted by rgmarett View Post (Source)
    Now, do I go for a Station named after me or does my daughter have Christmas this year....
    I hear Christmas is over-rated anyway

Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post (Source)
    I hear Christmas is over-rated anyway
    You're right on commander - and it comes every year so it's nothing special!

(Truth is we're actually going to Lapland this year (don't need to tell you, just showing off ) - so I reckon I could make £500 between now and 59 days...as long as they don't get sold out first)

Originally Posted by Steve View Post (Source)
    Great..
    All this happens while I'm asleep and now I'm stuck at work, typing this on my phone..
    But otherwise...

Woo Hoo!

Me too mate, opened the BBC app on my phone this morning and saw the Elite logo on their and went

Good to be back eh?

It's just hit the £100,000 mark!!!!!!

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    It's just hit the £100,000 mark!!!!!!
    sup TJ. Wouldn't it be something if it hit the 1.2mil mark in 10-12 days.

Heh - my favourite call on one of the forums: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast