Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Watch This Space

I've noticed it's not the much-desired "Elite 4", but it's great to actually hear some official news about an Elite project at long last.

While I will be watching this with interest, I'm not in a position to donate at present, but if things look like they're progressing I certainly will when I can. (No offence, but I'm sure some of us remember the old Elite 4 stuff on the Frontier Developments website that vanished without a trace...)
    Where logic won't work, I will.

Great to hear. Finally after all the years waiting & lurking on my account we have news.

How much of this decision has been brought on by Star Citizen I don't know, but I can't wait to see how both games turn out.

Elite & then Frontier were probably the 1st games I ever felt immersed in, way back in my younger years I might add, when it all wasn't photo-realistic textures and orchestral musical scores.

Wire frame ships FTW!

I'll be backing for sure, I'd even love to stretch to the £500 mark if I could

Keep us informed, keep us updated as you have competition remember

It's made it to Reddit so we'll see what effect that has on the Kickstarter page.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #19
    Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    Firstly, Thank you to David of Frontier for FINALLY saying something.
    The continued silence went on for too long and I among others started to lose faith. So thank you for finally breaking silence and saying something.

I am happy that FD have chosen to go with a kickstarter project, and I hope they get the funding they are seeking and we see the next Elite game finally realised.

I said a few posts ago, I thought it might be an updated version FFE, I wanted news on the next Elite game, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Finally, Frontier, please please PLEASE don't now fall back to silence. Please keep us informed, this is the way you will build excitement, maintain interest and, more importantly, raise those funds you need.

Alien
    We appreciate everyone's support, and the natural scepticism. We are very serious about both this game and working with the community of backers to make the game we all want.

FWIW, you can get a glimpse of the latest game build being tested automatically on 8 PCs in the background of the video here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20165344

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #20
    Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post (Source)
    I've noticed it's not the much-desired "Elite 4", but it's great to actually hear some official news about an Elite project at long last.
    Elite: Dangerous = Elite 4 (in all but name).

Cheers for the update.

I've noticed that the news is spreading rapidly - with less than an hour after it got announced, it's gotten over £3,600 pledged already and has even made it to the BBC news website, but they insinuate that it's a remake of the original Elite.
    Where logic won't work, I will.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #22
    Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post (Source)
    While I will be watching this with interest, I'm not in a position to donate at present, but if things look like they're progressing I certainly will when I can. (No offence, but I'm sure some of us remember the old Elite 4 stuff on the Frontier Developments website that vanished without a trace...)
    Absolutely understand, and thank you for considering it.

We have been planning to use Kickstarter for a long time precisely because people's money is only taken when the funding threshold is reached, and we are very publicaly on the hook to deliver. Which is where we want to be. The Kickstarter UK launch removed our final concern over the legal technicalities of funding in such a manner from the UK.

WOW !!!!

That is absolutely AMAZING. I saw in just 10 minutes the money level raised a fair bit on kickstarter.

Trying to figure out what my amount will be. There are so many cool options to suit all levels.

Worried though that I have not seen anything talk about single player though and worried this will all exclusively be online, riddled with DRM, use of the horrible system Steam etc.... still we don't know yet. I just hope there is a single player mode.

[CORRECTION: On the BBC Interview with David Braben he said you can play it on your own so there MUST be a single player..... AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Great to see a small team at Frontier WERE working on Elite all this time afterall and now it is getting into full swing.

As a big Elite fan (as we all are here) a huge thank you to Frontier AND for generous offerings on Kickstarter !!!

Looking forward to it!

Also thank you so much for that BBC interview link was GREAT to see those background screens !!!
    I feel extremely confident and I think Frontier really cares for the fans as the project is as special to Frontier as it is to the fans. :-)

Finally some news, had almost given up hope. Not been here for a few months then read about this on BBC news.

Got my pledge in, looks like they are already up to £4,000.

Can't wait

The numbers of backers are flying up by the minute !!!

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #26
    Originally Posted by Styggron View Post (Source)
    WOW !!!!

That is absolutely AMAZING. I saw in just 10 minutes the money level raised a fair bit on kickstarter.

Trying to figure out what my amount will be. There are so many cool options to suit all levels.

Worried though that I have not seen anything talk about single player though and worried this will all exclusively be online, riddled with DRM, use of the horrible system Steam etc.... still we don't know yet. I just hope there is a single player mode.

Great to see a small team at Frontier WERE working on Elite all this time afterall and now it is getting into full swing.

As a big Elite fan (as we all are here) a huge thank you to Frontier AND for generous offerings on Kickstarter !!!

Looknig forward to it!
    Styggron - the new networking approach (already working) allows us to offer the best of single and multi-player seamlessly, the plan is that it both is a great single-player experience and delivers vast scale for multiple players. We have have local hyperspace jumps instead of fast forwarding time (doesn't work well in multiplayer)

I'm stoked for all your dev guys that have been plugging away at this already. I firmly hope that the target is reached and this gets to see the light of day. You'll be getting my money on pay day.

David, I have one question about pledging money,
    I have just pledged £20 as that is what I can afford at this time (I wanted to get my copy of the game reward in ) ...
    I plan to make further pledges, are they cumulative? ie ... if by the end of the time limit, I have pledged say, £100 in total, can I claim the £100 reward?

Thankyou David, that is just ABSOLUTELY *BRILLIANT* news. I am just about crying with excitement. Frontier knows what Elite means to the fans and we know if *will* be something special and it will stand apart from ANYTHING that is out there and it will have AMAZING innovation *just* like the originals did.

David also I just want to say how generous the offers on Kickstarter is. I am really tempted by some of the higher end ones...... I mean 20 pounds for a digital copy of the game that is amazing. In fact wasn't ELITE back in 1984 almost 20 pounds ??? A nice tip of the hat for the fans !!!!

Also 20 pounds and 30 pounds options look the same so that might need a little fixing.

I'm just so excited !!!!!!

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #30
    Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    David, I have one question about pledging money,
    I have just pledged £20 as that is what I can afford at this time (I wanted to get my copy of the game reward in ) ...
    I plan to make further pledges, are they cumulative? ie ... if by the end of the time limit, I have pledged say, £100 in total, can I claim the £100 reward?
    Thank you. I _beleive_ they are cumulative, but will need to properly check this. The Kickstarter site only mentions increasing a pledge, which is unclear: "You can change or cancel your pledge anytime before Friday Jan 4, 7:00pm EST."

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast