Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Commanders log manual and data sample

Originally Posted by Finwen View Post (Source)
    Here is how i did test the different content now in C#.

Code:
      JToken mats = (JToken)evt["Materials"];
      if (mats != null)
      {
        if (mats.Type == JTokenType.Object)
        {
          Materials = mats?.ToObject<Dictionary<string, int>>();
        }
        else
        {
          Materials = new Dictionary<string, int>();
          foreach (JObject jo in (JArray)mats)
          {
            Materials[(string)ja["Name"]] = JSONHelper.GetInt(jo["Count"]);
          }
        }
      }
    I hope that's jo["Name"] otherwise I've found the first bug without using the program

Yepp i changed it somehow then i pasted the source in the post
    ED-Discovery - Journals, Materials, Commodities, Synthesis, Star Map, Voice. Your Elite Dangerous co-pilot.
    Get it at https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases
    Help https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki
    Discord https://discord.gg/CS3eK

Is there a PDF release of the document?

Good job and thx FD Devs.
    I have a couple of requests, i don't know if there is a place for API requests or not but i'll go with it anyways:

Could u add the ShipType when the following events happen?
    Interdicted and Interdiction.

also can we get an log for getting attacked? it will also be gr8 to get the following keys from it:
    Attacker: pilot name
    IsPlayer: whether player or npc
    CombatRank: if player
    Faction: if npc
    Power: if npc working for a power
    ShipType: (ship model name)

Originally Posted by Olkan View Post (Source)
    Good job and thx FD Devs.
    I have a couple of requests, i don't know if there is a place for API requests or not but i'll go with it anyways:

Could u add the ShipType when the following events happen?
    Interdicted and Interdiction.

also can we get an log for getting attacked? it will also be gr8 to get the following keys from it:
    Attacker: pilot name
    IsPlayer: whether player or npc
    CombatRank: if player
    Faction: if npc
    Power: if npc working for a power
    ShipType: (ship model name)
    Requests should be raised as bug reports.

CMDR Mal Reynolds (6th Interstellar Corps)

Thank you! Finally found it.

Frontier loves to write its <censored> all over the place it seems...

Originally Posted by jgm View Post (Source)
    Go to windows explorer and type "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous" in to the location bar.
    Thank you! Finally found it.

Frontier loves to write its <censored> all over the place it seems...

(Looks like you can't delete posts here, or I'm too blind to find it)

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #758
    The new version of the Player Journal reference manual (v9) for 2.3 beta 1 is now available.

updated document:
    http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/...nal_Manual.doc

now also available as a PDF:
    http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/..._Manual_v9.pdf

Here's a summary of the changes:

• The code for various nested arrays of records within an event record has been rewritten for consistency. Some events are affected, they now have an array of records with an entry for each material, rather than a record with material names used as value names. All Json key names should now be fixed strings, not material or commodity names. This also allows localisation of the material names. Affected data:
    o EngineerCraft/Ingredients
    o Scan/Materials
    o Synthesis/Materials
    • Add Latitude and Longitude info to "Location" event, if starting game in SRV
    • Fix bug when storing old Item in "ModuleBuy" event
    • Add new "StartJump" event at the start of a hyperspace jump
    • If you do not have a Detailed Surface Scanner, a basic scan will now add some info in the journal. A basic "Scan" on a planet will include body name, planet class, orbital data, rotation period, mass, radius, surface gravity; but will exclude tidal lock, terraform state, atmosphere, volcanism, surface pressure and temperature, available materials, and details of rings
    • Scanning a planet with rings, if you have a DSS, new include ReserveLevel info
    • When accepting a mission, ("MissionAccepted") include info on the effect on influence and reputation
    • Include faction info in the RedeemVoucher event
    • When ship takes off when dismissed by player in SRV, or lands when recalled via SRV, save a Liftoff/Touchdown event, with PlayerControlled=false
    • Add "SetUserShipName" event
    • Add events for Muticrew: JoinACrew, QuitACrew, CrewMemberJoins, CrewMemberQuits, KickCrewMember, ChangeCrewRole
    • A detailed scan of a planet with atmosphere will now include detailed atmospheric composition
    • When accepting a "massacre" mission, the target faction and kill count are now logged
    • Add ShipName, ShipIdent, FuelLevel and FuelCapacity info to the "LoadGame" event
    • Add info at startup with new events for Cargo, Materials, Passengers, and Loadout
    • Added "Scanned" event
    @rhevian

Originally Posted by hchalkley View Post (Source)
    The new version of the Player Journal reference manual (v9) for 2.3 beta 1 is now available.

updated document:

• The code for various nested arrays of records within an event record has been rewritten for consistency. Some events are affected, they now have an array of records with an entry for each material, rather than a record with material names used as value names. All Json key names should now be fixed strings, not material or commodity names. This also allows localisation of the material names. Affected data:
    o Scan/Materials
    o Synthesis/Materials
    • If you do not have a Detailed Surface Scanner, a basic scan will now add some info in the journal. A basic "Scan" on a planet will include body name, planet class, orbital data, rotation period, mass, radius, surface gravity; but will exclude tidal lock, terraform state, atmosphere, volcanism, surface pressure and temperature, available materials, and details of rings
    • Scanning a planet with rings, if you have a DSS, new include ReserveLevel info
    • When accepting a mission, ("MissionAccepted") include info on the effect on influence and reputation
    • When ship takes off when dismissed by player in SRV, or lands when recalled via SRV, save a Liftoff/Touchdown event, with PlayerControlled=false
    • Add events for Muticrew: JoinACrew, QuitACrew, CrewMemberJoins, CrewMemberQuits, KickCrewMember, ChangeCrewRole
    • A detailed scan of a planet with atmosphere will now include detailed atmospheric composition
    • When accepting a "massacre" mission, the target faction and kill count are now logged
    • Add ShipName, ShipIdent, FuelLevel and FuelCapacity info to the "LoadGame" event
    • Add info at startup with new events for Cargo, Materials, Passengers, and Loadout
    • Added "Scanned" event
    Very exciting set of changes here, many thanks for publishing it in advance.
    Generate keyboard and HOTAS reference sheets for your configuration - http://www.mcdee.net/elite
    EDDI - a Windows app for immersion and more

updated document:

o Scan/Materials
    o Synthesis/Materials
    • Added "Scanned" event

Thanks! Very interesting read even for those who don't build 3rd party apps.

Btw. Page 16 typo, "missions of years"

Awesome! Thanks for the hard work and adding in all those details!

Three minor things I noticed by reading the doc, as soon as the beta hits I will add those as bug reports too, but here goes:
    * Cargo event does not list if items are stolen?
    * Passengers event is mentioned in the change log, but is not listed in the doc
    * Can the screenshot event also have Longitude/Latitude?

Especially thanks for the StartJump event, I was still parsing the netlogs to get a better estimate when that happened, and now that's no longer necessary! Yay!

Thanks! As a player faction CEO and general information gathering nut, this is my #1 change in this release. I would really love to see more influence and state information on factions on FSDJump or Dock events, pretty please

CMDR Mal Reynolds (6th Interstellar Corps)

updated document:

o Scan/Materials
    o Synthesis/Materials
    • Added "Scanned" event
    Excellent work as always.

Is there a chance that you'll get to add all factions, allegiances, governments, states and their influence levels in a system to the log at some point? Being able to somehow grab the entirety of a system's status would be fantastic, and will greatly help in giving us a "live" view of the galaxy. Something along the lines of

Code:
    { "timestamp":"2017-02-10T14:25:51Z", 
    "event":"SystemState", 
    "System":"17 Draconis", 
    "Factions":[
    { "Name":"New 17 Draconis Alliance", "Government":"Confederacy", "Allegiance":"Federation", "State":"Investment", "Influence":"75.9" }, 
    { "Name":"Jet Bridge Inc", "Government":"Corporate", "Allegiance":"Federation", "State":"Civil War", "Influence":"19.4" }, 
    { "Name":"Noblemen of 17 Draconis", "Government":"Feudal", "Allegiance":"Independent", "State":"Boom", "Influence":"3.8" }, 
    { "Name":"The Order", "Government":"Theocracy", "Allegiance":"Independent", "State":"Civil War", "Influence":"1.0" }
    ] }
    Is there a chance that you'll get to add a complete dump of the PowerPlay status for a power into the log? Currently trying to keep track of PowerPlay activity requires far more manual data entry than is allowed under the Geneva Convention. I'd give a complete example, but the smallest power has 38 control systems, and that's a bit much for a single post. My thinking is that this could be put into the log when a player opens the PowerPlay view for any one power. That should reduce the amount of log activity, and will mostly only affect those who are truly interested in it, rather than spamming everyone.

I'll even go so far as to promise to erect a shrine in your honour on the EliteMahon subreddit, and I suspect the other PowerPlay subreddits will also sing songs of your praise.
    In-game: CMDR Vectron

updated document:
    Firstly, awesome work.

When the final version for 2.3 live is produced, of not sooner, could you (give the job to an intern ?) make sure the index is all correct? Currently it lists 'Scanned' as on page 39 when it's actually on what's marked as Page 41 (at least for me viewing this using LibreOffice 4.3.3.2, latest on Debian stable, on Linux).
    (Never mind, using LibreOffice 5.3 on Windows 10 the index is correct.)

Given 'you' have relented and given us the available data on a basic surface scan... any chance of spitting out ALL the data you get any time you scan a Navigation Beacon ? This would provide a method for Cmdrs to fill in blanks where they'd already scanned a system pre-Journal, or if it's a system where we all start with the data.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast