Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Icarus Cup: Information and Signup

Originally Posted by cmdr tbx View Post (Source)
    Are racing drives allowed? They are available in outfitting.
    They are classed as your engineer module

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    • Any swearing, unsportsmanlike or bad behaviour and a team faces disqualification at Frontier discretion
    Well thats no fun Zac [haha]

What is bad behaviour? :P

Sounds fun! Count me in!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by A_Honcho View Post (Source)
    They are classed as your engineer module
    I think he meant enhanced drives ;). Not modded drives.

I would like to join up. however I dont have a squad.
    If anyone wants me I am up.

I am mostly a vulture pilot , but I own nearly every other combat ship as well

Safe to assume that the ships not on the list are not allowed?

Awesome! How are the locations going to be determined? Jumping combat spec FAS's and the like a long distance will be tricky unless the systems have great outfitting!

I know what he meant bud but it's still classed as an engineers module :)

Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)

I think he meant enhanced drives ;). Not modded drives.
    Still classed as an engineers module bud

Zac what date can we expect this to take place? Obviously planning is still in effect but will we see this happen before the end of the year?

Originally Posted by A_Honcho View Post (Source)
    I know what he meant bud but it's still classed as an engineers module :)

Still classed as an engineers module bud
    By Zac's definition, Enhanced Drives are not an engineer modification, considering that the rule is very clear in saying "it can be obtained at a stations outfitting, it can be added without any additional points".

​Enhanced drives are a big advantage for smaller ships, but there's a big price to pay with the power draw. I'd love to see some builds using them.

Originally Posted by Purrcat259 View Post (Source)
    By Zac's definition, Enhanced Drives are not an engineer modification, considering that the rule is very clear in saying "it can be obtained at a stations outfitting, it can be added without any additional points".

​Enhanced drives are a big advantage for smaller ships, but there's a big price to pay with the power draw. I'd love to see some builds using them.
    Enhanced drives are only available from a planetary base, therefore not a station's outfitting. The idea behind this was to help balance the fights and not give an advantage to horizons users over non-horizons users.

However, if you do choose to use one of these drives, that would count as your team's one and only engineered module.

Wait what, is the Imperial Clipper straight up banned from this? It doesn't have a points value on the list....

Also no Anacondas/Corvette means no Anaconda/Corvette+two smaller ships wing, which is a valid if not optimal method. Weird that you'd allow the FDL, and exclude ships that have far less of an impact on PVP post 2.0

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    The points system was balanced with the help of a core group of VERY AWESOME focus group members from a number of groups who helped get the balance rightr.

Won't be to everyones taste but it's a good balance we feel.
    This particular points list was created by one VERY AWESOME focus group member in particular ;)

Originally Posted by Urthor View Post (Source)
    Wait what, is the Imperial Clipper straight up banned from this? It doesn't have a points value on the list....

Also no Anacondas/Corvette means no Anaconda/Corvette+two smaller ships wing, which is a valid if not optimal method. Weird that you'd allow the FDL, and exclude ships that have far less of an impact on PVP post 2.0
    The clipper is classified as a large ship, which receives the large hull bonus to damage mitigation vs small and medium ships. Having a hulltank clipper skews the balance way off (and would be worth too many points to be considered as part of any team if it was actually in the list).

The idea behind this competition was to have it limited to small+medium ships only, mostly for balance reasons but also to dictate a fast-paced fight that doesn't take almost an hour to finish :)

Private group is a No Go for most PvP-usergroups.

Are they basing the size off landing pad or other metric?

No type 7 or orca?

Boo! ��

No limits on weapons, utility points, or modules as long as they are purchased at a space station outfitting?

Anything I can buy at a station is fair game to bring into the fight? Please say yes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast