Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Icarus Cup: Information and Signup

TWH Lightning signed up.

Xbox Player here. I want to sign up, but don't have a wing. Anyone willing to take me on?
    I have 90mill Cr available to upgrade ships accordingly but they are all outfitted for purposes so will have considerable trade in values if necessary (excluding the Cobra MkIV as it would be impossible to buy back). My ship list is as follows:
    Sidewinder
    Eagle
    Imperial Eagle
    Cobra MkIII
    Cobra MkIV
    Viper MkIV
    Asp Explorer
    Vulture
    Python
    Fer-De-Lance
    Anaconda (Only one I can't currently afford to combat spec, although could focus on obtaining those funds if necessary)

I have no access to engineered mods or powerplay modules.

Pm me if you're interested

Nvm, missed the damned sign up anyways. Good luck CMDRs

Did anybody get a confirmation-mail for signing up?

Originally Posted by MadMikesch View Post (Source)
    Did anybody get a confirmation-mail for signing up?
    Nope, but I'm already hearing rumors that this might be cancelled. Hoping for some info on FDs part.

registered. standing by. waiting for news.

There really should be a PVP form within the dangerous discussion forums.

This would facilitate a more central place for PvP events and players to coordinate.

PvP forums would also be a sign of good faith from FDev in supporting PvP

Zac, who i'm assuming is spearheading this event, is busy at gamescom, This will be put on hold more than likely til he gets back from gamescom

cant do everything at once ;)

maybe he could write a short message into the forum just saying this? 10 seconds of work.

Hi all,

I'm very enthusiastic about this event, I really hope it goes ahead. I'm not part of any squad, and I assume it will use our "in-game" accounts so with my commander currently 65kly away I doubt I'd be back in time for the tournament anyway. Having said that, if it was being conducted in a separate game-mode ala CQC then I'd be happy to join anyone's squad who's got space.

I gather there are a few people in the thread who might have some inside knowledge. So, a few questions:
    • Will CMDRs be spending their own credits in this, or will all ships and outfitting be free and insurance premiums be waived?
    • Will the fight locations be CQC arenas, space stations, asteroid fields, planetary bases?
    • How long will each bout last?
    • Will each bout be a single fight or best of three?
    • Will there be group and knockout stages, or will it be a league?
    • How will spectators watch?

I think an ongoing PVP league, or ladder (I used to do this playing Descent all those years ago!), would be great, in PvP and in CQC.

I hope Zac comes along with some more good news soon.
    Cheers all :D

I'm wondering about the very short deadline for subscription - and now .... not one line of official information. Mhm...

Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    maybe he could write a short message into the forum just saying this? 10 seconds of work.
    He hasnt even responded to us in the focus group on small info, he just must be busy as hell

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    Will CMDRs be spending their own credits in this, or will all ships and outfitting be free and insurance premiums be waived?
    No one knows yet

Will the fight locations be CQC arenas, space stations, asteroid fields, planetary bases?
    Probably just in open space

How long will each bout last?
    however long it takes

Will each bout be a single fight or best of three?
    Probably bo3 leading up to playoffs for bo5, cant be for sure tho

Will there be group and knockout stages, or will it be a league?
    no one knows yet

How will spectators watch?
    With their eyes on the livestream

Originally Posted by Viajero View Post (Source)
    *Mod hat off

Not sure if this has been clarified already but, how will the organizers verify that there is indeed only 1 Engineer´s mod in each team?
    shouldnt they be able to check accounts?

they could just ask for screenshots from everybody and confirm it later on, be done with it. However photoshop experts like me can easily cheat screenshots in 2 secs which really begs the question, how are they going to confirm it?

Frontier has the names of the commanders in place and can check the logs if somebody would bend the rules.
    And I thought to hear weeks ago in the focus group that it will be more like a best of one.
    But for sure Frontier will launch those information soon. Perhaps already at Gamescom - for sure I will try to ask Zac if he will be attending.

If any team wants a practice match using the icarus rules, feel free to contact me.

Originally Posted by Lex Humboldt View Post (Source)
    If any team wants a practice match using the icarus rules, feel free to contact me.

Are you on xbox?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast