Page 406 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 396402403404405406407408409410416 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 19581

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Originally Posted by CMDR Zulu View Post (Source)
    To all the skeptics,

What would I, or anyone else who believes what I am saying, need to show you to help you believe these images (in the sky and on the ground) are actually there? Short of MB coming in here and saying they're there.
    Present a theory for why they are there. Test your theory. Come back with results that are replicable and add substance.
    Right now, you are seeing pictures. That does absolutely nothing, unless there is more to them than that. Observe, test, check results, re-test, check results. Don't just observe. Imho ofcourse.

And, for the love of <insert deity>; Who said that the UP only wails at "habitable planets" or planets with lifeforms? Please show me! How did this become the TruthTM?
    Afaik it wails at all planetary bodies, including non-landable, gas giants, ice moons, etc etc.

To all the skeptics,

What would I, or anyone else who believes what I am saying, need to show you to help you believe these images (in the sky and on the ground) are actually there? Short of MB coming in here and saying they're there.

Do you want the UP image broken down and explained from our standpoint?
    Do you want images with and without Merope 5's light for comparison?
    Do you want video (hard for me to do because I have a noisy toddler).
    Perhaps time lapse?
    Or is there no convincing at this point in time?

Please help us out here. I'm 100% convinced this is what we're supposed to find. The Merope system was designed to show us something. It's too much of a coincidence in my opinion.

Math is not my strong suit so I personally can't prove it from that standpoint. Perhaps if we approached this from the realm of archaeology and astronomy for a bit we'd solve it.
    One of the huge problems your gonna have is Frankly Saying "here i see a seagull" is always gonna be different every anyother person(Due to human brain stuff), But even then lets say YEP theres stuff there.
    Its a bit hard to point out images or icon in the nebula, so far all the pictures you've shown, I've only seen well the nebula

Second point even then whats the images in the nebula mean? You'd need to explain that and how it links up to the UP specto or anything else thats related you deem worthwhile(or what it means if its just a simple "yep this is happening")
    Its unlikely the devs would say your correct(way to easy for anyone) and so far there isnt much proof over than possible images in the clouds that are different for most people, I've been following the thread since the UA was found(the first one) and only posted recently but there have been numerous times where there has been "I can see this" or "there is this here and its the solution" Its very hard to prove when we have stuff like morse and the specto that is 100% there(where as images or numbers in noise can be shoved off as "useless")(plus people get jaded due to that so take it lightly), still after all this? keep going, You could be right and the nebula has something to lead us in a direction! You could do what the person who proved morse did and show everyone up, Until then from my opinion...It looks like you are "100% confirmed" on your solution and its hard to see what your seeing

Originally Posted by Rudolphus View Post (Source)
    Searching for floating up. look at this blackhole did not see it by others look like it is a sort of wormhole or entrance,

Go for it

Good talk friend. I don't see the need for the tone but okay.
    The frustration seems to be mounting. If you know your alternate histories, you'll remember that it took quite a long time for the answer "42" to come to light and the question hadn't even been discerned yet. I'm still struggling to figure it out to this day. In the absence of any kind of progress, vitriol has seeped in.
    A bunch of "scientists", whose methods have yet to lay out any kind of concrete path to an answer, are now resorting to arguing over which of their methods is deemed appropriate. None of these methods is correct. You are all trying to slay the dragon. You can't see the dragon. You don't know it's weaknesses. You don't even speak its language. It's burning your houses down while you hurl heavy boulders into its empty cave.
    The correct and only method could lead you nowhere. This method requires data that either catches you unaware or doesn't exist yet. These "theories" are merely conjecture. The only respectable HYPOTHESIS (not scientific theory!) based on concrete data is that the UP is pointing to Merope 5C for an unknown reason. The spectrogram is a secondary set of data that is unreliable and a waste of time at this very moment. If you want to tout your scientific theories, you must first perform the necessary steps in the scientific method.
    We must all unify our efforts. It's fairly simple:
    1. Prioritize our efforts based on reliability of CURRENT data.
    2. Perform research in the field.
    3. Report findings.
    4. Hypothesize (if possible)
    5. Test hypothesis
    6. If results of testing confirm or strengthen hypothesis, RECORD the results and start back at one with the new data and direction in mind. If testing does not back up the hypothesis, start back at one with original data.
    7. Have patience.

They may be difficult and hard-won, but the mysteries of the universe are only as such because they have been weaving their intricate riddles for billions of years. Who are we to stoop to guessing and conjecture. Have a little more respect for science before you float the word out there like a pink balloon.

Originally Posted by simulacrae View Post (Source)
    Hmmm well we have actually moved out of the " so and so said so phase" That was in Galnet now. So its part of the game.

A side note about the all the control freaks whinging about Science, Noise and single topic threads ... Do you read this thread???? A suggestion would be to take a break or just pull it out

I don't know what do you mean.

Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post (Source)
    Not so re: Miackce. As far as I'm aware Miackce was just a staging ground for the remnants of the attacking Thargoid fleet (and location of Thargoid missions in earlier games), their actual homeworld (probably in another galaxy) is unknown...lots of speculation regarding the LMC etc, but nothing certain.
    Miackce was a home world, but probably not the original, main home world. That's correct.

It's the only real Thargoid world seen in any of the games, but I'm not sure it's lore anymore.

Sorry if this has been reported already.
    Yesterday I found a new Barnacle site on HIP 17225 A 1:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4314527

Today I logged back in to this:

As you can see from the coordinates, the base is close to one of the other Barnacle sites on A 1.

Just to give you an overview:

Originally Posted by 5paxx0r View Post (Source)

http://i.imgur.com/aK0RqIy.jpg

As you can see from the coordinates, the base is close to one of the other Barnacle sites on A 1.
    erm... Built over night?

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    erm... Built over night?

Seems like it
    Dem Feds are fast...
    Btw, the draw distance on that capital is ~68km...so if there are any more on any planet, they should be easy to spot.

Originally Posted by 5paxx0r View Post (Source)

http://i.imgur.com/aK0RqIy.jpg

Just to give you an overview:
    http://i.imgur.com/oO8WyCK.jpg
    Strange, you thought the feds would have built the base around a barnacle site? that way you don't have to drive down there, plus you can have the base turrets act as barnacle defence...

The Barnacle is just outside the controlled airspace of the base...and it's destroyed:

Has anyone been to the new fed station in Hyades Sector AB-W b2-2?
    Is it in the UA shell?

somebody at FD should check the mission board

I just found that you can scan the barnacle points with the data link scanner on the SRV and it yields a "Barnacle Scan data package" credit reward. Any idea where we can hand that in?

Originally Posted by kastia View Post (Source)
    I just found that you can scan the barnacle points with the data link scanner on the SRV and it yields a "Barnacle Scan data package" credit reward. Any idea where we can hand that in?
    Contacts menu at any station

Page 406 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 396402403404405406407408409410416 ... LastLast