Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite Dangerous Learning Curve!

Elite Dangerous Learning Curve!

Figured it was time to dust off and update this old chart to make it current!

Hi
    It remember me when I playing Limming again in my amiga 500

Not very fair, since EvE has been out forever, still has that curve, whereas ED is still in early beta form, not complete, no instructional stuff, and really, is it that hard to dock?

Now that curve is accurate for the ORIGINAL Elite. No mercy there at all.

Originally Posted by Rhaedas View Post (Source)
    Not very fair, since EvE has been out forever, still has that curve, whereas ED is still in early beta form, not complete, no instructional stuff, and really, is it that hard to dock?

Now that curve is accurate for the ORIGINAL Elite. No mercy there at all.
    Never stated it was fair...only accurate.

Perfectly fitting when considering the original elite too! No mercy then, no mercy now

I disagree with that. Eve is complex by the amount of things you can do and the really complex and deep interaction between everything. On the surface it looks like "Get minerals, get blueprint, build X for cheap" but that's so incredible wrong. You need to know the formulas behind things and understand the market fluctuations if you want to make profit, especially good profit. I've played Eve for a few years but only touched a few areas of what you can do in Eve.

Elite is not hard to learn, if you can read it's a matter of what, 30 minutes? Honestly I think elite is pretty simple to learn controller and gameplay wise, all you need to know is what button does what. Elites challenge is in getting used to the flight model, mastering it. And that simply takes practice. Same as forging, you can read a ton of books about it, but only forging lots of knifes will allow you to make a very good one some day.

I think this was intended to be light-hearted - a little comedy. I enjoyed it and had a good chuckle. Let's not get all beat up about it.

Originally Posted by sqzbox1 View Post (Source)
    I think this was intended to be light-hearted - a little comedy. I enjoyed it and had a good chuckle. Let's not get all beat up about it.
    Exactly...thank you for recognizing that...no statements were intended here. That graphic has been in my pictures folder for 5 or 6 years now...all the way back when I played eve...and I stopped doing that 4 years ago...

Just thought it was a good time to revive a classic

You just suggested E: D is an RPG! Heretic!

Originally Posted by Anubis Khan View Post (Source)
    Perfectly fitting when considering the original elite too! No mercy then, no mercy now
    Nonsense. In 1984 you never could bump up the shields and bounce your way into the station. Docking was a binary thing. You either made it in. Or not.

haha nice one.

eve curve needs a little bit adjustment , its all become somewhat easyer overthere.

tnx for the laugh

Thanks I had a good laugh and needed one Anubis.

Originally Posted by burzum View Post (Source)
    I disagree with that. Eve is complex by the amount of things you can do and the really complex and deep interaction between everything. On the surface it looks like "Get minerals, get blueprint, build X for cheap" but that's so incredible wrong. You need to know the formulas behind things and understand the market fluctuations if you want to make profit, especially good profit. I've played Eve for a few years but only touched a few areas of what you can do in Eve.

Elite is not hard to learn, if you can read it's a matter of what, 30 minutes? Honestly I think elite is pretty simple to learn controller and gameplay wise, all you need to know is what button does what. Elites challenge is in getting used to the flight model, mastering it. And that simply takes practice. Same as forging, you can read a ton of books about it, but only forging lots of knifes will allow you to make a very good one some day.
    and thats why eve bores me

you really have to be jobless and single to get into eve

Originally Posted by Rhaedas View Post (Source)
    Nonsense. In 1984 you never could bump up the shields and bounce your way into the station. Docking was a binary thing. You either made it in. Or not.
    1/2 the players probably were't even born back then, but i still believe it was a brilliant game for its time. Also consider the limitations they had to work with back then.

Smile

In truth you have to feel sorry for new players, Its taken me 6 months of flying and trading and other scenarios to learn the basics. A lot of my hard earned knowledge will be reset on Tuesday as the ballpark gets bigger and the details get sharper.
    The new players really do have an awful lot to learn just to stand up, running is a long way off is they can stick with it.
    Picture is not only funny but frighteningly accurate. I was 8 or 9 years in Eve, I saw the light finally in 2012 I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast