Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: The Outlander Challenge

Lets put this here also..

Follow the adventures of CMDR Neander Thal and CMDR Cereal Box in Outlanders - The Series | Check out our Episode 1

Polo Harbour

The last milestone before arriving in Colonia! I have reached Polo Harbour.

The landing went quite smooth despite (still) not having flight assist.

An I have developed some sort of routine in jumping: 5 jumps, then fuel scoop. Sometimes the views while scooping are unbeatable

Knocking on heavens door...

I have arrived at the Colonia systems!

Not Colonia itself yet, but that is just a couple of light years from here.

It's a bit of rough place, but I think I'll try to find the local bar and take some rest before making my "grand entrance" at Jaques station (as if anybody around here would know me ).

Ah! It feels good to be back in inhabited space!

Jaques Station

I have arrived at Jaques Station!

I had no exploration data to sell, but I did bring my Galactic Travel Guide. I don't need that guide anymore, so I've sold it off. Surprisingly it was worth quite some credits! I have added what I made on the travel guide to my "Colonia Seed Money" and I think I can safely show my face again in the vicinity of the LHS 3447 system when I have made at least one million credits around here. My starting balance (a.k.a seed money) is 45,222 CR

Time to find out what can be done around here .

On this date, CMDRs Cereal Box & Neander Thal left the bubble behind and headed out to Colonia. Next stop, Hillary Depot.

More detailed "report" is due next week in a form of video series when we get the first episode out. Hopefully.

You want more information, check the sig.
    Follow the adventures of CMDR Neander Thal and CMDR Cereal Box in Outlanders - The Series | Check out our Episode 1

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    On this date, CMDRs Cereal Box & Neander Thal left the bubble behind and headed out to Colonia. Next stop, Hillary Depot.

More detailed "report" is due next week in a form of video series when we get the first episode out. Hopefully.

You want more information, check the sig.
    Fly safe!

Outlander Challenge Complete

I made it! The goal I have set myself to reach before even thinking of allowing myself to return to LHS 3447 has been reached!

I have got 1,000,000 credits!

(a bit more, but with this amount of money I can disregard that as small change... )

And with this I think my outlander challenge is complet .

I don't think I will return as yet already. I haven't seen all systems in the neighborhood. I think there is still plenty to do around here. Maybe I'll try my hand at mining. Talk in the bar suggested that I can purchase the equipment necessary for this around here... Probably better to try my hand at mining because the "buzzing" trade they keep on referring has almost less volume than the LHS 3447 in-system trade

Our first episode of the Outlanders is out now, enjoy!

Originally Posted by CMDR Quar Damek View Post (Source)
    I'm going to participate with my alt CMDR Neander Thal

New account & save : Starting in Sidewinder and heading to Colonia as soon ship is fitted for travel.
    Welcome aboard o7.

Great work Henkka, and good luck on your journey

Originally Posted by Griefed View Post (Source)
    All challenges complete https://imgur.com/a/NL9MU

Originally Posted by Jermus View Post (Source)
    I made it! The goal I have set myself to reach before even thinking of allowing myself to return to LHS 3447 has been reached!

I have got 1,000,000 credits!

(a bit more, but with this amount of money I can disregard that as small change... )

And with this I think my outlander challenge is complet .

I don't think I will return as yet already. I haven't seen all systems in the neighborhood. I think there is still plenty to do around here. Maybe I'll try my hand at mining. Talk in the bar suggested that I can purchase the equipment necessary for this around here... Probably better to try my hand at mining because the "buzzing" trade they keep on referring has almost less volume than the LHS 3447 in-system trade
    Congratulations Outlanders!

Our first episode of the Outlanders is out now, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCEzGVaeSco
    Good job, I enjoyed that.

Those guys should get DNA tests because I think they may be long lost brothers.

Hi everyone. CMDR Gilmorril's leisurely voyage towards Colonia continues, but hasn't been without a major stumble. When I set out I said I would take my time on my Xbox commander, and so it's proved. However disaster almost struck deep in the Sagittarius Gap this week: I wasn't paying attention properly while jumping and chatting through a badlands region of brown dwarfs and found myself with insufficient fuel! That sort of carelessness can be fatal that far out into the black. My own stupid fault - I'd been filtering my route for just scoopables for a while but got impatient, switched back to regular plotting, and almost paid a very hefty price. Fortunately the Fuel Rats answered my mayday and the intrepid CMDR Atlas Core brought his long-range Anaconda 3,700 light years out into the black to replenish my fuel tanks.

I'm immensely grateful to him and the Fuel Rats - that was very nearly a massive setback and perhaps inauspicious end to my challenge. The rescue meant I was able to make the final 48 jumps to Amundsen Terminal - the second outpost - and hand in another 700,000 credits of exploration data, including the discovery of twin water-worlds in the Smojue ME-T c3-13 system, which I'd like to propose be named 'Atlas' and 'Core', in honour of my rescuer, should the facility to do so ever appear.

Having safely arrived at Amundsen I am almost ready to take on the third leg, out towards Eagle's Landing and The Conflux. For now, is anyone able to tell me how I officially claim my bronze badge please, which I presumably earned at the previous outpost, Hillary Depot? Thanks! (That's assuming my challenge hasn't been summarily voided for needing the Fuel Rats to help me out? I sure hope not...).

Originally Posted by Dennehy View Post (Source)
    That's assuming my challenge hasn't been summarily voided for needing the Fuel Rats to help me out? I sure hope not...
    Nope, and you are not alone - see post #428 on page 29.

Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    Nope, and you are not alone - see post #428 on page 29.
    Thanks, I missed that one. Feel slightly better that I'm not alone in having done this (and no disrespect intended!) :-)

Forgot to add my congratulations to everyone who's made it across to Colonia so far. Great job folks!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233