Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: The Outlander Challenge

Originally Posted by Erimus View Post (Source)
    Roster updated!

Fly safe Outlanders o7

Sweet... I wonder how many outlanders will stick around after reaching their destination and first million... and for how long...?

On a side note, great memories coming back while exploring with a basic scanner... most of my time flying about looks like this:

So imagine the joy when founding this, 1300Ls from the main star:

...and still only 700Ly from starting point, credits to CMDR Aegeus for the original discovery:

I should get there within the next 6 months to a year, at this rate...

Fourth waypoint visited, the Sacaqawea Space Port.
    Oddly enough I was greeted by the same guy that was at Eagles Landing. He must have a ship with a bigger jump range.

Proof of travel gallery: http://imgur.com/a/rh3jg

Edit: Added Gagarin Gate to the gallery. And again I'm greeted by the same guy.

Edit 2: Landed on Polo Harbour. Progenitor Cedrick Roman is here, unsurprisingly. Next stop, Colonia. (Gallery updated)

Sacaqawea Space Port

I arrived at Sacawawea Space Port, and somehow I am no longer surprised to be greeted by Compatriot Delilah William

I had some local engineer take a last look at my Sidewinder. Besides some scowling looks on how I refitted the wiring and the panels all seemed to be OK. Still no flight assist though...

Hillary Depot:

Touchdown...

...and off again...

Gagarin Gate

Travel is going extremely well. Today I arrived at Gagarin Gate.

Only approximately 8000 Ly to Colonia (7864 as the photon flies).

I am starting to contemplate on what to do when I'm in Colonia. Having a ship and being an independent pilot is one, but the ship requires maintenance and I'd like to eat and drink at regular intervals and that doesn't come for free. What can I do to make a living besides cleaning hangar bays... ?

So, i registered to the Outlander Challenge at the very beginning, but because of other activities and happenings in the bubble, my alt cmdr was needed elsewhere and i had to postpone this to later date.

But now, i just came up with an idea with CMDR Quar Damek, my exploration partner in crime. ( we are currently almost at Beagle Point with our primary accounts)

We will make this trip together as soon as 2.3 launches. We both have alt cmdrs who are atm idling at the bubble with nothing to do.
    We are planning on documenting this voyage properly with videos and pics and there will be a dedicated thread at the exploration forums.
    Documenting begins immediately when we have reseted our alt accounts and "grinding" the Sidey to a travel worthy ship will be included in the documentary.

Stay tuned..

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    But now, i just came up with an idea with CMDR Quar Damek, my exploration partner in crime. ( we are currently almost at Beagle Point with our primary accounts)
    I had to reset my alt already because I wanted to reserve a proper name. As it stands in its full glory, the pinnacle of evolution: CMDR Neander Thal. Now I only hope that the character creator allows me to do a slope forehead with unibrown!

Done. Landed on all outposts on the way, arrived at Colonia, and made my first million. Did not even lose the ship at any point. Pics behind the link.
    http://imgur.com/a/rh3jg

Originally Posted by Dummytarget View Post (Source)
    Done. Landed on all outposts on the way, arrived at Colonia, and made my first million. Did not even lose the ship at any point. Pics behind the link.
    http://imgur.com/a/rh3jg
    Congrats Commander

If you're a member of the CCN discord server, you can apply for the 'Outlander' title to be assigned to you.

Outlander Kit Ausland has reached the rank of Elite Explorer, and is claiming to be the first to achieve this level.

He was the fourth Commander to reach Jaques Station, way back before there were outposts and neutron highways along the way. His ship, Lyra, was the flagship for the C3E excursion to the core in late 3302, and he helped survey neutron stars out to Polo Harbour. He won the first Colonia Cryptic Location Search and then set off to survey star systems within 1KLy of Colonia.

Originally Posted by Andrew Linton View Post (Source)
    Outlander Kit Ausland has reached the rank of Elite Explorer, and is claiming to be the first to achieve this level.

He was the fourth Commander to reach Jaques Station, way back before there were outposts and neutron highways along the way. His ship, Lyra, was the flagship for the C3E excursion to the core in late 3302, and he helped survey neutron stars out to Polo Harbour. He won the first Colonia Cryptic Location Search and then set off to survey star systems within 1KLy of Colonia.

http://i.imgur.com/YgnKwby.png
    Congratulations CMDR. You look happy, so I'll let you enjoy your claim for a few minutes then.

Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    Congratulations CMDR. You look happy, so I'll let you enjoy your claim for a few minutes then.
    I thought it might be fake news to make that claim so boldly! Well done to you. I confidently assert now that I am the second commander to reach Elite Explorer.

Originally Posted by Andrew Linton View Post (Source)
    I thought it might be fake news to make that claim so boldly! Well done to you. I confidently assert now that I am the second commander to reach Elite Explorer.
    Thanks CMDR. Tbh, I don't know whether or not I'm the first Elite Outlander, so the claim as second may not hold either...

I'm going to participate with my alt CMDR Neander Thal

New account & save : Starting in Sidewinder and heading to Colonia as soon ship is fitted for travel.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast