Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 717778798081
Results 1,201 to 1,213 of 1213

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

Thank you all for the help. I was able to minimize the issue with a huge deadzone for the mini-stick.

Originally Posted by Gorlock View Post (Source)
    Thank you all for the help. I was able to minimize the issue with a huge deadzone for the mini-stick.
    Did you wind up using the Thrustmaster drivers for that, or something else?

I'm going to give this mod for adding a centre detent using internal magnets a go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do7FXrM4_Vo

While my velcro detent mod is reversible, it's rather mushy, and I've now had the throttle long enough to be happy about making an irreversible mod. I was never keen on the external magnet mods from an aesthetic point of view, so this one looks right for me.

Instead of using that to find center you could use it to be in the blue without looking.

Indeed I could. I suppose it comes down to personal prefs -- for me, the blue zone is wide enough that I've never felt the need for a detent for it, whereas when docking, landing and fighting, a sharp zero detent would be very helpful and let me reduce my dead zone settings a lot.

Originally Posted by Gorlock View Post (Source)
    On the control panel, the ministick looks pretty bad. I unplugged and plugged it back. I returns to center. But, once I touch it, even with full extended rotation, clockwise and counter-clockwise, when released, it stops far away from the center...
    Mine isn't perfect, but it's no where near this bad, and I'd probably send that sample you've got back.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Indeed I could. I suppose it comes down to personal prefs -- for me, the blue zone is wide enough that I've never felt the need for a detent for it, whereas when docking, landing and fighting, a sharp zero detent would be very helpful and let me reduce my dead zone settings a lot.
    I might give this a try. I think it would work well on my set up. I have my throttle set for forward thrust only. I have the rudder pedals in the front bound to fill forward and full reverse. Having a detent for the blue would be very useful for me. If you don't mind could you share your thoughts when you finish the mod? Especially about the magnet strength.

Will do. These are the magnets I ordered:

Magnet Expert® 10mm dia x 1mm thick N42 Neodymium Magnet - 0.58kg Pull ( Pack of 20 ) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007JTL7..._6PwiBbGDGXYWK

Mod report:

The glue has cured enough to test. As said, I'm using these magnets
    Magnet Expert: 10mm dia x 1mm thick N42 Neodymium Magnet - 0.58kg Pull
    and this glue
    UniBond No More Nails

One such magnet on each side turned out not to be enough, so I stacked them to increase the dipole moment (benefits of being awake in physics class). 2 on the throttle and 3 on the base gives a fairly light detent. 3 and 3 gives a fairly grabby one.

I'm going to let the glue cure fully overnight and tomorrow I'll re-apply Nyogel 767A to the rails and experiment in-game.

This is definitely way better than my Velcro mod if you're willing to make an irreversible mod. Just a matter of tuning it now. I should be able to reduce my 0.12 deadzone a lot.

BTW the magnets shipped in two stacks of 10 attracted to each other (N-S, S-N) with keepers on each end so no flux escapes. Also a safety leaflet. You really don't want children or pets eating them!

I was warned in Amazon review comments that the magnets are fairly brittle and you don't want to let then smash-attract each other from a distance, lest they crack or shatter. Also, slide rather than pull them off and on the stack.

The sides aren't labelled or etched N and S so you need to take care that you end up with them attracting, not repelling. I placed the stack vertically in my ceramic dish and decided that this would be their orientation in the assembled throttle. So I maintained that orientation of the base magnet and inverted it for the throttle assembly, which was upside down.

Thanks for the report!

Really happy with this mod after testing in game. I've zeroed my throttle deadzones for both flight and driving, and can hit zero throttle unerringly.

Reapplying the Nyogel damped down the grabbiness of combo with 3 magnets in each stack very nicely, so that is what I settled on.

Hmph. Didn't let the glue cure enough before enthusiastic play and the throttle magnets gave in to their attractive partners on the base plate.

So that's 48h of curing needed.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Mod report:

The glue has cured enough to test. As said, I'm using these magnets
    Magnet Expert: 10mm dia x 1mm thick N42 Neodymium Magnet - 0.58kg Pull
    and this glue
    UniBond No More Nails

One such magnet on each side turned out not to be enough, so I stacked them to increase the dipole moment (benefits of being awake in physics class). 2 on the throttle and 3 on the base gives a fairly light detent. 3 and 3 gives a fairly grabby one.
    Using happily only two magnets for months (these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003MWAIUK) this is my modded throttle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWgB89QwNKs

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 717778798081