Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 505657585960
Results 886 to 892 of 892

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

  1. #886
    Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Your choice. You can bind it to "Full Range" in which case the mid point is zero and you pull back to reverse, or "Forward Only" in which case full back is zero and you assign a button, either hold or toggle, for reverse.

    Personally I have gone for Full Range with some Velcro to make a detent at the mid point: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comme...stmaster_twcs/
    Just a bit of aircraft trivia....

    C-130's actually use the Forward Only method.
    To reverse thrust ( while on the ground ), they bring the throttles back to idle, reverse the pitch on the propellers, and then run the throttles forward again.

  2. #887
    Originally Posted by ChopperGreg View Post (Source)
    Just a bit of aircraft trivia....

    C-130's actually use the Forward Only method.
    To reverse thrust ( while on the ground ), they bring the throttles back to idle, reverse the pitch on the propellers, and then run the throttles forward again.
    Trivia: I have C-130s flying over my house low to the ground almost weekly. It's almost a free air show.

  3. #888

  4. #889
    Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Trivia: I have C-130s flying over my house low to the ground almost weekly. It's almost a free air show.
    Almost daily for me. National Guard Air Base 2 miles from my house, housed a number of C130s that do all sorts of interesting sorties, like the polar rescue missions like the one described here: https://dailygazette.com/article/201...rin-south-pole

    They do training flights all the time, practicing air drops of various cargos. Fun stuff!

  5. #890
    Originally Posted by dragoniv View Post (Source)
    Almost daily for me. National Guard Air Base 2 miles from my house, housed a number of C130s that do all sorts of interesting sorties, like the polar rescue missions like the one described here: https://dailygazette.com/article/201...rin-south-pole

    They do training flights all the time, practicing air drops of various cargos. Fun stuff!
    Know what you mean...we have a local AF (non-NG) unit that has finished transitioning into J models - and every once in a while we get an AC-130 that stops by in route to another base.

    A lot of people go for fighters, but there is something about a bird that has been flying in one form or another for over 60 years, and has done all the things that the 130 has done.

  6. #891

    One more question.

    FedEx has stalled my order and I have been thinking about different configurations and all sorts of things. I came to the realization that I might have to manually decrease my speed on approach in supercruise to hit blue. Can you just use a normal button to hit 75% and have it override the throttle? If that doesn't work do you just ease back at 7 seconds and practice?

  7. #892
    Originally Posted by MaddcapETC View Post (Source)
    FedEx has stalled my order and I have been thinking about different configurations and all sorts of things. I came to the realization that I might have to manually decrease my speed on approach in supercruise to hit blue. Can you just use a normal button to hit 75% and have it override the throttle? If that doesn't work do you just ease back at 7 seconds and practice?
    Yes, you can bind speed controls to keyboard if you want. Just be aware that obviously this doesn't actually move the throttle, so if / when you then touch the throttle it overrides the key press back to where the throttle is.

    Personally I just use the throttle to move it into the blue zone, but in any case I have started using a rift, so pressing the right key on the keyboard would be a challenge.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 505657585960