Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 546061626364
Results 946 to 958 of 958

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

  1. #946
    Originally Posted by jumpingclear View Post (Source)
    I just ordered one of these and hopefully it should turn up tomorrow. Any tips? I have looked through several pages of the thread and it seems that most people say to not use the TM TARGET software and not even the drivers but to just plug it in and let windows handle it and set binds in game. Is that right?

    I pretty happy with my T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS. I've never used or installed the 'Taget' software so far I've never needed to bother. The only thing I've done was use the latest drivers, and I've had zero problems with the flight stick and throttle.

    bsb

  2. #947
    Originally Posted by jumpingclear View Post (Source)
    I just ordered one of these and hopefully it should turn up tomorrow. Any tips? I have looked through several pages of the thread and it seems that most people say to not use the TM TARGET software and not even the drivers but to just plug it in and let windows handle it and set binds in game. Is that right?
    Definitely no need for the TARGET software, and I didn't bother with the drivers, as from what I can see they are for force feedback. My devices work fine without either, using Win 10.

  3. #948
    Originally Posted by jumpingclear View Post (Source)
    I just ordered one of these and hopefully it should turn up tomorrow. Any tips? I have looked through several pages of the thread and it seems that most people say to not use the TM TARGET software and not even the drivers but to just plug it in and let windows handle it and set binds in game. Is that right?
    Pretty much, although the Thrustmaster drivers do give you the option to add a small automatic deadzone on the ministick. This saves you having to do it in the game settings.

    I definitely agree that the Target software's not worth bothering with though. It doesn't really add anything, and limits the number of axes you have available to one fewer than the stick/throttle combination actually has.

  4. #949
    Thanks for the replies. Is there any disadvantage or problem with installing the drivers?

  5. #950
    Originally Posted by jumpingclear View Post (Source)
    I just ordered one of these and hopefully it should turn up tomorrow. Any tips? I have looked through several pages of the thread and it seems that most people say to not use the TM TARGET software and not even the drivers but to just plug it in and let windows handle it and set binds in game. Is that right?
    Yup. There's a few alternative bindings at https://edrefcard.info/list - you'll probably end up making your own but these are good starting points.

    Don't install the TARGET software but do install the drivers. They let you set a system-wide deadzone on the throttle's mini stick which I highly recommend.

  6. #951
    I've liked my 16 month old T-16000M joystick, flying FA On and with large enough dead zones. But I'm trying to learn FA Off, and it just wasn't cutting it. I need to push five times as hard to initiate a roll right than left, and need a big dead zone to avoid initiating a left roll on pitch. Wasn't really a big deal zipping around in FA On.

    I received my T-16000M-FCS joystick today. It's rock solid in FA Off with no dead zones and has equal pressure in roll and pitch axes. I just added a tiny sliver of dead zoned to minimize the chance of initiating a roll on pitch and etc. I hope it stays this good over time. But the buttons on the base, even with the new Braille and divots, are still terrible, especially when reaching for them in VR.

  7. #952
    Yeah FD's default settings rely far too much on the buttons on the base. I made up my own config which uses them hardly at all: https://edrefcard.info/binds/gecozi

  8. #953
    Thanks for the replies. Still waiting for them to arrive and probably won't have too much time to play with them until tonight.

    The controller situation has got more complicated though as this morning I picked up a set of genuinely 'as new' or probably unused CH pro pedals from a charity shop. Not sure now whether yaw will be better on the pedals or the twist stick that I am used to.

  9. #954
    Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Yeah FD's default settings rely far too much on the buttons on the base. I made up my own config which uses them hardly at all: https://edrefcard.info/binds/gecozi
    That's really minimal use. I still find them useful for some things, like opening the galaxy and system maps, and for and for selecting next jump destination. I also have backups for chaff, heat sink, SCB, cargo scoop, landing gear, and lights, for when VA acts up. The ones on the right side (right handed) are much easier to use, and I still have 3 unused on the left side.

    Even with the braille and divots, I think I'm still going to need to add my own much larger bumps so they will be easier to find w/o looking. Hmmm, I wonder if I can remount the stick in a different box and relocate the buttons?

  10. #955
    First impressions are mixed but I think I will get used to it. Obviously getting the bindings right will take a while and after so long with my previous bindings on the hotasx it feels very awkward until I sort out a layout and get it memorised.

    I find the stick a bit stiffer than I like. One of the reasons I wanted a new stick was to get more precision especially fine movements near the centre. I find with stiff springs some of that is lost overcoming the initial resistance moving from the centre position. Mt hotas x has enough strength in the springs to centre without problem but is much smother to move. Obviously its precision is limited by the large hardware deadzone. Hopefully I will get used to the stiffer FCS.

    The other thing I am unsure of is how to set the throttle. I am going to try the default setting with the button for reverse for a while and see if I can get used to it. I have seen the various methods for adding a centre 'detent' so if I can't get used to the default setup I will try on of those or maybe just setting a deadzone.

  11. #956
    Originally Posted by Cliché View Post (Source)
    That's really minimal use. I still find them useful for some things, like opening the galaxy and system maps, and for and for selecting next jump destination. I also have backups for chaff, heat sink, SCB, cargo scoop, landing gear, and lights, for when VA acts up. The ones on the right side (right handed) are much easier to use, and I still have 3 unused on the left side.

    Even with the braille and divots, I think I'm still going to need to add my own much larger bumps so they will be easier to find w/o looking. Hmmm, I wonder if I can remount the stick in a different box and relocate the buttons?
    I use the base buttons on the stick for centering and toggling EDTracker. I'd like to use them for Discord too, but Discord currently has a bug whereby it responds to the given button ID regardless of the device ID.

  12. #957
    Alright, I'm getting desperate. My F.16000 stick is acting up a lot. It will periodically yaw hard to the left. It's not the subtle drift that can be fixed with an expanded dead zone.

    Should I try to get a replacement, or open it up to clean it? I do have a dog that sheds, so it could be dog hair on the sensor. Any advice?

  13. #958
    Originally Posted by NascentChemist View Post (Source)
    Should I try to get a replacement, or open it up to clean it? I do have a dog that sheds, so it could be dog hair on the sensor. Any advice?
    In my experience Thrustmaster customer service is pretty good. When I had a fairly minor issue with my HOTAS X, which was well into it's 2nd year but still within the warranty period, they replaced it no question, although it was via amazon so that undoubtedly made things simpler

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 546061626364